Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sorry to disagree with fellow Blues, but we need to buy another forward, and the sooner the better.

We've never effectively replaced Tevez, and only Aguero is as good or better. Negredo looked good for half a season, he's moved on and yet to be replaced. We need a 4th striker asap as the injuries to all 3 strikers has proved. We've done well in the short term to play without the 3 strikers but we need to make sure we don't need to play debut 18 yr olds or midfielders as false 9s again.

My opinion is Dzeko and Jovetic are not frontline strikers...ok to come off the bench or lead the line occasionally but we have all our eggs in Agueros basket.

Dzeko is hit and miss, he was decent when it mattered end of last season, but this season he's back to being bobbins. ..result of the new contract perhaps. Jovetic has a lot to prove, he doesn't look anymore than a 2nd striker, he's always very busy and trying to make things happen but his execution and decision making are too often off.

Bony looks a decent player, he can finish, he can hold up and link play, worth a go. We have apparently 24m coming in from Negredo, we're going to cash in on Sinclair, Guidetti and Nastasic, and we have 20M in the kitty FFP will allow us to spend.

GET SOMEONE IN NOW CITY IF WE"RE GOING TO COMPETE TO WIN SOMETHING THIS SEASON.

Most fans would be overjoyed to have forwards such as yourselves. Exactly how many forwards do you want? facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Four (4)...good ones.

You Citeh fans have become a very demanding lot!!

Why doesn't you New York side buy Messi and loan him back to you!!w00t.gif

• Like 1

From the official MLS website:-

Welcome to New York City: Frank Lampard

Lampard, whose signing was officially announced at a community event in Brooklyn Bridge Park this morning, brings with him the highest level of football ability and a wealth of experience to the new franchise which makes its debut in March 2015.

Lampard joins David Villa, Jeb Brovsky and Josh Saunders on the roster at the Club and has signed a two-year contract which starts August 1st. He will wear the number 8 jersey, the number he has worn throughout his decorated career in European football.

I am really excited about joining New York City FC and helping to play a real part in building something special in one of the sporting capitals of the world,” said Lampard. “The passion of the nation’s fans at the World Cup was second to none and I am looking forward to meeting New Yorkers and tapping into their love of the game. It is a privilege to be able to help make history here in New York City - I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it.”

Full Story Here

No need to keep trawling the net, this is the Man City website for City fans who read all that is in the media...read it when it was out.

What is now evident here is that the journalist(s) who wrote this didn't have all the facts as to WHAT Franks was signing, it wasn't a Contract with NYC as according to City, NYC, and The Commissioner in the past few days/weeks Frank has a Contract with City with a break-clause.

Do you think it could have been a pre-contract agreement...do ya?

Sorry to disagree with fellow Blues, but we need to buy another forward, and the sooner the better.

We've never effectively replaced Tevez, and only Aguero is as good or better. Negredo looked good for half a season, he's moved on and yet to be replaced. We need a 4th striker asap as the injuries to all 3 strikers has proved. We've done well in the short term to play without the 3 strikers but we need to make sure we don't need to play debut 18 yr olds or midfielders as false 9s again.

My opinion is Dzeko and Jovetic are not frontline strikers...ok to come off the bench or lead the line occasionally but we have all our eggs in Agueros basket.

Dzeko is hit and miss, he was decent when it mattered end of last season, but this season he's back to being bobbins. ..result of the new contract perhaps. Jovetic has a lot to prove, he doesn't look anymore than a 2nd striker, he's always very busy and trying to make things happen but his execution and decision making are too often off.

Bony looks a decent player, he can finish, he can hold up and link play, worth a go. We have apparently 24m coming in from Negredo, we're going to cash in on Sinclair, Guidetti and Nastasic, and we have 20M in the kitty FFP will allow us to spend.

Most fans would be overjoyed to have forwards such as yourselves. Exactly how many forwards do you want? facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Four (4)...good ones.

See post 14968 and response post 14974

Lampard, whose signing was officially announced at a community event in Brooklyn Bridge Park this morning, brings with him the highest level of football ability and a wealth of experience to the new franchise which makes its debut in March 2015.

Lampard joins David Villa, Jeb Brovsky and Josh Saunders on the roster at the Club and has signed a two-year contract which starts August 1st. He will wear the number 8 jersey, the number he has worn throughout his decorated career in European football.

I am really excited about joining New York City FC and helping to play a real part in building something special in one of the sporting capitals of the world,” said Lampard. “The passion of the nation’s fans at the World Cup was second to none and I am looking forward to meeting New Yorkers and tapping into their love of the game. It is a privilege to be able to help make history here in New York City - I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it.”

Full Story Here

No need to keep trawling the net, this is the Man City website for City fans who read all that is in the media...read it when it was out.

What is now evident here is that the journalist(s) who wrote this didn't have all the facts as to WHAT Franks was signing, it wasn't a Contract with NYC as according to City, NYC, and The Commissioner in the past few days/weeks Frank has a Contract with City with a break-clause.

BB " it wasn't a Contract with NYC as according to City, NYC, and The Commissioner in the past few days/weeks"

Well perhaps somebody should have told Frank:- "I am really excited about joining New York City FC.....I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it..", no mention of a pre-contract, no mention of Manchester City.

Full Story Here

BB " it wasn't a Contract with NYC as according to City, NYC, and The Commissioner in the past few days/weeks"

Well perhaps somebody should have told Frank:- "I am really excited about joining New York City FC.....I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it..", no mention of a pre-contract, no mention of Manchester City.

What you think Frank didn’t know (he’s not your usual numpty football you know...privately educated was our Frank). And what reason do you have to think that he isn’t “really excited about joining New York City FC.....I just can’t wait to get started and be part of it.."...when he gets there, in July 2015 as currently planned (but i guess just like anybody’s work plans that could change dependent upon oneself or your employer’s plans and requirements).

[excuse the font size...computer gone wild]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Four (4)...good ones.

Nah, not demanding at all Carms. The reality is that we were without a striker for about a month and have just got Jovetic back, who hasn't yet proved himself due to him consistently getting injured in his time with us. We let Negrado go due to squad restrictions in the Champs League and his injury but that has now proved to be a mistake.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brennan-bony-can-bring-long-term-8401035

Impressive career goal scoring record and injury free record.

See today there's talk of jovetic missing out on the champions league spot if we get Bony, and City might move him on back to italy. If we do get Bony I'd cut kolorov (clichy...zaba...mangala...miner could cover) or maybe Cabellero (wright could cover) from the champions league...tough decision for Pelle as whoever gets cut knows his worth to squad (writing on the wall).

Yes he does Bred. Frank signed a commitment to NYC but not a contract. The Prem clarified the following:-

On Thursday night the Premier League confirmed that Lampard is only contracted to Manchester City, and that the former England man did not have any formal contract with the new MLS franchise.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9637761/frank-lampard-clarifies-contract-situation-after-lies-and-nonsense

• Like 1

Yes he does Bred. Frank signed a commitment to NYC but not a contract. The Prem clarified the following:-

On Thursday night the Premier League confirmed that Lampard is only contracted to Manchester City, and that the former England man did not have any formal contract with the new MLS franchise.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9637761/frank-lampard-clarifies-contract-situation-after-lies-and-nonsense

Yep most likely a Deed of Commitment in anticipation of the parties entering to contract.

Actually my comment in the previous post was tongue in cheek in anticipation of the usual suspects coming back on here about Frank.

Yep most likely a Deed of Commitment in anticipation of the parties entering to contract.

Actually my comment in the previous post was tongue in cheek in anticipation of the usual suspects coming back on here about Frank.

I don't know about 'the usual suspects' but here are a few quotes from the official NYC fc forum:-

"The kit bothered me. The Lampard situation made me leave. I was willing to support a club that wore Manchester City colors. I will not support a club that is an inferior minor league team to a club I bear no allegiance to.

Maybe I was naive to think CFG cared about what was best for NYCFC. Maybe I should have known better. But it turns out this was never the club I thought it was, and I never was a supporter of what it actually is.

Goodbye NYCFC."

"Have to agree, I don't think I'll be supporting this team. Call me whatever you want for it but it's become quite clear what this club is."

"The Lampard thing. I was worried about the jersey alienating potential fans but this shit is like every step that could have been taken to undermine this club before kickoff was taken. What the <deleted> do we look like when everyone have been telling us for more than a year this kind of shit would happen and we were telling them to <deleted> off. I can't in good faith maintain season tickets from Canada.

Good luck growing the city brand in the USA."

I don't know about 'the usual suspects' but here are a few quotes from the official NYC fc forum:-

"The kit bothered me. The Lampard situation made me leave. I was willing to support a club that wore Manchester City colors. I will not support a club that is an inferior minor league team to a club I bear no allegiance to.

Maybe I was naive to think CFG cared about what was best for NYCFC. Maybe I should have known better. But it turns out this was never the club I thought it was, and I never was a supporter of what it actually is.

Goodbye NYCFC."

"Have to agree, I don't think I'll be supporting this team. Call me whatever you want for it but it's become quite clear what this club is."

"The Lampard thing. I was worried about the jersey alienating potential fans but this shit is like every step that could have been taken to undermine this club before kickoff was taken. What the <deleted> do we look like when everyone have been telling us for more than a year this kind of shit would happen and we were telling them to <deleted> off. I can't in good faith maintain season tickets from Canada.

Good luck growing the city brand in the USA."

I read all of that but what was your point in posting it? If it's related to what NYCFC fans or their potential fans think, then for me personally I'm no more interested in these fans as I am in virtually any other club's fans beyond MCFC (although I do have empathy for County, Bury, Rochdale fans). And if these people are choosing or not choosing to support NYCFC based solely on Lampard joining or not joining then as a 3rd generation MCFC fan I can't relate to such people.

The whole Lampard/New York/Man Citeh "thingy" is getting rather amusing.

Could be worthy of its own thread!

Apparently frank doesn't need a solicitor present and signs contracts blindfold. laugh.png

But Frank didn't sign a contract. Frank signed a commitment or intent agreement to play for NYCFC which apparently he intends honouring (before he commences to play for NYCFChe will sign a player's contract) after playing for MCFC.

http://www.financialexpress.com/article/sports/frank-lampard-manchester-city-admit-he-didnt-sign-new-york-fc-contract/28308/

Apparently frank doesn't need a solicitor present and signs contracts blindfold. laugh.png

But Frank didn't sign a contract. Frank signed a commitment or intent agreement to play for NYCFC which apparently he intends honouring (before he commences to play for NYCFChe will sign a player's contract) after playing for MCFC.

http://www.financialexpress.com/article/sports/frank-lampard-manchester-city-admit-he-didnt-sign-new-york-fc-contract/28308/

Yes yes BB and Citeh made a "mistake" saying he signed for New York and an "error" saying he was signed on loan for MCFC! Its laughable.

Frank might well have been privately educated but still comes across as only being able to challenge two short planks as to who is the brighter. He'd best say nothing and leave it to the clubs spin doctors to explain all, this time with a little more clarity.

Not that i particularly care as i don't support Chelsea, you're only challengers.

I read all of that but what was your point in posting it? If it's related to what NYCFC fans or their potential fans think, then for me personally I'm no more interested in these fans as I am in virtually any other club's fans beyond MCFC (although I do have empathy for County, Bury, Rochdale fans). And if these people are choosing or not choosing to support NYCFC based solely on Lampard joining or not joining then as a 3rd generation MCFC fan I can't relate to such people.

I agree Bred. If someone is only going to support a team based on a 37 year old player joining them, then they are not fans at all.

I agree Bred. If someone is only going to support a team based on a 37 year old player joining them, then they are not fans at all.

Similar scenario at the bridge :

If someone is only going to support a team based on a 36 year old billionaire joining them, then they are not fans at all. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

If someone is only going to support a team based on a 36 year old billionaire joining them, then they are not fans at all. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

same last season on the United thread. If were not winning all the time were not posting! laugh.png

• Like 1

That would wipe off 75 per cent of their gate.

When your not winning what the <deleted> is there to write about?

Don't see any losers on here posting about how shit we are do you?

You lot need to shake your heeds!! wink.png

Spuds infiltrate every thread.

• Like 1

When your not winning what the <deleted> is there to write about?

Don't see any losers on here posting about how shit we are do you?

You lot need to shake your heeds!! wink.png

I find that there is always more to talk about after a loss, but I appreciate that you'd rather just talk about how good you were after a win !

Well you need to go on the Spurs thread after a loss !

To be fair Reddy, the Spurs thread has about the same amount of posts every week come win, lose or draw.

Anyway at least the truth is out as originally you said you hadn't posted due to poor internet or something whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Yaya Toure named CAF African Footballer of the Year

Yaya Toure has been named CAF African Footballer of the Year for the fourth-successive year at a ceremony hosted by Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos, Nigeria.

That ties Toure with Samuel Eto’o as the player to receive the title on most occasions from Africa’s football governing body but no-one had ever won four in a row until now.

Full story:- http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2015/January/Yaya-Toure-wins-Glo-CAF-African-Player-of-the-Year-award-for-fourth-successive-year

• Like 1

Yes yes BB and Citeh made a "mistake" saying he signed for New York and an "error" saying he was signed on loan for MCFC! Its laughable.

Frank might well have been privately educated but still comes across as only being able to challenge two short planks as to who is the brighter. He'd best say nothing and leave it to the clubs spin doctors to explain all, this time with a little more clarity.

Not that i particularly care as i don't support Chelsea, you're only challengers.

Actually NYCFC, NOT MCFC, made the "mistake" saying he signed for New York. MCFC did not correct the perception Frank was at t'Ethihad on a "loan".

I think Frank has been doing as required by his employers/future employers and keeping quiet. I'm not sure he's done anything wrong (beyond keep quiet). Clearly he's had enough of taking flak for a situation caused by the clubs and so he's spoke out.

Not that I particularly care about all this either, we got Frank for another 6 months and it's amusing seeing some of the non- Blues comments (mountains...molehills).

Starting 11

1 Hart

5 Zabaleta

26 Demichelis

20 Mangala

22 Clichy

6 Fernando

25 Fernandinho

15 Navas

21 Silva

8 Nasri

35 Jovetic

Subs

3 Sagna

4 Kompany wai.gif

11 Kolarov

12 Sinclair

13 Caballero

16 Aguero wai.gif

18 Lampard

WHERE'S JIMMY? Not in the stands at the stadium of light right now I hope. He'll be missed today.