Manchester City

mrbojangles

Weren't our corners hopeless again last night no matter who took them. We rarely get beyond their 1st man. Last season Demi used to be very hot on corners but now we never find our men.

Agreed. When Pelle first came, there was a distinct improvement in corner taking ( cant remember who was taking them), but we have taken a step back in that department. Milner and Nasri cannot take corners. But with our size, we should be able to hurt Barca on dead ball situations, last night we didnt.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/financial-fair-play-under-threat-brussels-court-case-could-potentially-lead-to-rules-being-scrapped-10070581.html

Manchester Citys hopes that Financial Fair Play (FFP) might be ruled illegal rest on a potentially hugely significant court case which opens in Brussels on Thursday.

The challenge to Uefas regime which City fell foul of last year has been brought by football agent Daniel Striani, and supporters of both City and Paris Saint-Germain, and will be heard over the next two days at the Court of First Instance in the Belgian capital.Striani and the fans are being represented by Jean-Louis Dupont, one of the lawyers who secured the landmark Bosman ruling 20 years ago, with Dupont preparing to argue that FFP infringes competition law and should therefore be declared illegal...The legal argument in the Striani case is that the break-even requirement of FFP is in breach of article 101.2 of the EU Treaty. This article prohibits cartels and other agreements that could disrupt free competition and, therefore, have an impact on consumer protection.

Blues have not won on the red half of Merseyside since Nicolas Anelka struck twice at the Kop way back in 2003.

Liverpools leading scorer in the last six City games at Anfield is not Luis Suarez or Andy Carroll or Dirk Kuyt, but shaven-headed defender Skrtel, with three in six games.

The last six seasons bringing four draws and two defeats in the league, plus a 2-2 stalemate in the League Cup semi-final second leg in 2012.It will not be easy for the Blues. Liverpool are unbeaten at home in all competitions in 11 games, their last defeat on their home turf being to Chelsea on November 8.

I wish Bony was starting. I thought this was the perfect game for him. The way Skrtel and Dzeko are playing, I just feel Dzeko is going to be ineffective today

(written in the hope that by doing so, Dzeko has an amazing game!!!)

Liverpool lining up without a recognised CF!!! There for the taking today!!

Shambles upto now. What on earth is wrong with Vinny's head

I think that you, like I, are a big supporter of Vinny.

\But something is not right. Its not the pressure of being captain. I put it down, at first, to his fear of getting reinjured, but its gone past that now!!

The better team won, end of. We didn't deserve anything out of that, at all.

Go to Barcelona game and ditto comments! 442! Nasri! Dzeko is a luxury as he can finish put offers little in play. We were wide open when they attacked us. Kompany! Pelle too late with his 2nd half sub when were under pressure and couldn't get the ball out. Don't know if Navas was on the bench but that was a 2nd half made for him.

The way we keep having a chance to close on Chelsea but failing is like death by a thousand groans.

Rickett by the manager, taking a centre forward off in a game you need to win whistling.gif

Don't agree. Rickett was not taking off Dzeko AND NASRI at 58 mins and putting Milner AND FERNANDO on and matching up against Liverpool with 4 battlers in midfield and Silva in his best position behind Aguero. We were wide open in midfield and outwide.

The better team won, end of. We didn't deserve anything out of that, at all.

Go to Barcelona game and ditto comments! 442! Nasri! Dzeko is a luxury as he can finish put offers little in play. We were wide open when they attacked us. Kompany! Pelle too late with his 2nd half sub when were under pressure and couldn't get the ball out. Don't know if Navas was on the bench but that was a 2nd half made for him.

The way we keep having a chance to close on Chelsea but failing is like death by a thousand groans.

Its like the players dont give a stuff.

Nasri poncing around turning in circles. Yaya passing all over the place. Dzeko statuesque. We were second to the ball almost every time.

The only positive aspect is that we didnt scrrew up our corners as we seem to have been doing every week.

Oh thats right, we went 90 minutes without getting oneclap2.gif

It was a disgrace

Kompany looks shot mate, not nice to see. He's all over the place.

Amazing the steep fall off from Vinnie. Close to zero confidence, over thinking, and the consequent bad decisions.

• Like 1

Kompany looks shot mate, not nice to see. He's all over the place.

I've viewed him as a liability for a while now and his positional play is dire.

Klopp to City? Perhaps he would bring Hummels with him.

Best comment I've seen this week:

"If Pellegrini wants to stick with his trusted 4-4-2 formation, he needs to pick both Milner and Navas out wide. They are capable of covering for his lazy central midfielders, especially Toure.That leaves Silva behind Aguero in either a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 formation and no room in the starting line up for Nasri or Djeko/Bony/Jovetic."

What would be the point of buying Bony in the window at that price if he was not partnering Kun upfront? Why is he not starting him yet?

Was he bought to partner Kun or be stand-in for injury prone Kun? Could be the former as Pelle is a partial to a bit of 442, but I reckon most City fans hope it's the latter as we favour 433 or 451.

What would be the point of buying Bony in the window at that price if he was not partnering Kun upfront? Why is he not starting him yet?

At the time of buying him we didn't have a fit striker, so we bought him and he buggered off for a month. Bladdy crazy. As for starting him. With all the strikers fit, I suppose he's gotta earn his place.

I hope Bony starts soon. No sense in waiting at this point. We know what Dzeko can do... and what he can't do. coffee1.gif