Manchester City

mrbojangles

Oh dear mrboj will be out painting the fence early I reckon! biggrin.png

The new wall has just been finished as it happens. Bit another lick of paint won't do it any harm I suppose biggrin.png

Good, now hide behind it.

March 13, 2015

The U.S. Embassy has information stating that, as of early March, individuals associated with a terrorist organization could be targeting Western oil workers, possibly to include those U.S. citizens working for oil companies in the Eastern Province, for an attack(s) and/or kidnapping(s). There is no further information on the timing, target, location, or method of any planned attacks.

March 14, 2015

Due to heightened security concerns at U.S. diplomatic facilities in Saudi Arabia, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates have cancelled all consular services in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dhahran for Sunday, March 15 and Monday, March 16, 2015. Telephone lines to the Consular sections will not be open during these two days. In an emergency, please use the emergency contact numbers provided below.

Edited by Chicog

March 13, 2015

The U.S. Embassy has information stating that, as of early March, individuals associated with a terrorist organization could be targeting Western oil workers, possibly to include those U.S. citizens working for oil companies in the Eastern Province, for an attack(s) and/or kidnapping(s). There is no further information on the timing, target, location, or method of any planned attacks.

March 14, 2015

Due to heightened security concerns at U.S. diplomatic facilities in Saudi Arabia, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates have cancelled all consular services in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dhahran for Sunday, March 15 and Monday, March 16, 2015. Telephone lines to the Consular sections will not be open during these two days. In an emergency, please use the emergency contact numbers provided below.

Seriously not paying me enough money to work in this sh*thole

After watching City this year, and in particular yesterday, I guess I misunderstood the meaning of 'holistic approach to football'.

Now I get it.......... play in a lacksadaisical manner, with as little as heart as possible. Run as little as possible and if you have to run, then do it with no purpose.

I dont want to give a knee jerk reaction after watching that cr@p earlier, but here are the FACTS as I see them.

None of the players Pellegrini has bought have made any significant impact.

We are significantly, points wise, worse off than we were last year or the 2 years previous to that.

Agueros body language has never been this way. He is not happy. Currently moaning and complaining to his team mates. Never seen him do that before, it has only surfaced the last 3 or 4 games.

Our football has gone backwards. We are neither attacking or defending better than we were with Mancini

Not ONE youngster has been brought through since the departure of Mancini.

Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernandhino, Toure, all have gone backwards significantly this season.

Mancinis demise, apparantly was because he was abrupt and confrontational, especialy with insiders at the club. Well excuse me.... as a footall fan, I dont give a shiiiiit!! As long as we are playing good football and winning trophies, if Les Chapman doesnt get a "Good Morning", I aint going to lose any sleep. As for the players..... the amount of money they are earning... they should be getting an earful every game. This 'Charming Man' stuff, does my head in!!!! Enough of the being nice!!!!!!! Its not working!!! The players are taking the p!ss.

I know things are changing in football, but I dont see Ferguson or Paisley or Clough or in modern day Mourinho putting up with the cr@p I have had to endure this last 6 months.

Same mistakes being made tactically, no passion..... but hey they are all one big happy family, which is the most important thing, right!!

Mate 'remember it's only a game, find a fence to paint you know it makes sense.

• Like 2

After watching City this year, and in particular yesterday, I guess I misunderstood the meaning of 'holistic approach to football'.

Now I get it.......... play in a lacksadaisical manner, with as little as heart as possible. Run as little as possible and if you have to run, then do it with no purpose.

I dont want to give a knee jerk reaction after watching that cr@p earlier, but here are the FACTS as I see them.

We are significantly, points wise, worse off than we were last year or the 2 years previous to that.

Agueros body language has never been this way. He is not happy. Currently moaning and complaining to his team mates. Never seen him do that before, it has only surfaced the last 3 or 4 games.

Our football has gone backwards. We are neither attacking or defending better than we were with Mancini

Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernandhino, Toure, all have gone backwards significantly this season.

Mancinis demise, apparantly was because he was abrupt and confrontational, especialy with insiders at the club. Well excuse me.... as a footall fan, I dont give a shiiiiit!! As long as we are playing good football and winning trophies, if Les Chapman doesnt get a "Good Morning", I aint going to lose any sleep. As for the players..... the amount of money they are earning... they should be getting an earful every game. This 'Charming Man' stuff, does my head in!!!! Enough of the being nice!!!!!!! Its not working!!! The players are taking the p!ss.

I know things are changing in football, but I dont see Ferguson or Paisley or Clough or in modern day Mourinho putting up with the cr@p I have had to endure this last 6 months.

Same mistakes being made tactically, no passion..... but hey they are all one big happy family, which is the most important thing, right!!

You are right.

But I got more enjoyment in the 70s and 80s.We won next to nothing, we had some of the crappiest managers ever, but at least in most games we had passion. I dont see that at City, at the moment. There are always games, where you would be mad and tell yourself that you aint renewing your season ticket next year.... we have all been through that. But at City, now, we are very very lucky. Rich owners, money to splash...... and thats the best show of football you can come up with??? Game after game after game!!

Someone is having a right laugh!!

You think losing 1-0 to Burnley is diabolical ... Jesus wept. Try following Sunderland! tongue.png

Sunderland are not paying players a million a month.

And they havent spent hundreds of millions to buy the players.

And its not the losing that hurts. Its the manner of losing. When a team like Burnley, thats cost nothing to assemble, playing for peanuts ( in comparitive terms), can outrun you, out think you and out play you for 90 minutes......... its not a bad day at the office.... its a blatant p!ss take

Sound advice, which since 3am this morning I have decided to take until the end of this very poor season (we've been very poor, how we're currently 2nd beggars belief). To my chelsea buddy here I sent my congrats.

You think losing 1-0 to Burnley is diabolical ... Jesus wept. Try following Sunderland! tongue.png

I think we need to adopt a more "holistic approach" to football....hahaha

PS. If anyone can explain the term "holistic approach" using words of 5 letters or less, I would appreciate it....

Edited by mxyzptlk

I watched all of your game, I was entranced with how good Villa were and how poor Sunderland were. Villa looked like Barca in comparison. The protest scenes were very unsavoury and everybody walking out after 35 minutes was pathetic, sorry to say so.

In our games vs Burnley they've been excellent. We were there for the taking. I was screaming at Pelle after 55 minutes to take Dzeko off and put another midfielder on before we go one down...Pelle seems not to learn (trusts his players too much).

And its not the losing that hurts. Its the manner of losing. When a team like Burnley, thats cost nothing to assemble, playing for peanuts ( in comparitive terms), can outrun you, out think you and out play you for 90 minutes......... its not a bad day at the office.... its a blatant p!ss take

This team has been together for 4 years and it looks time for a refurb. Zaba isn't the player of the past seasons but is probably ok for another but he needs real competition (not Sagna). Kompany..Demi...Mangala need another season to see how they do. We need a better left back, clichy as backup and Kolorov to ovski. Yaya was awful yesterday, been poor all season...is he ok for another season? Fernando doesn't look good enough.

Dinho sometimes looks good enough sometimes lightweight but good enough to build around? Nasri out; not a fighter (WHY didn't we get Fabregas and move on Nasri?). Milner need to keep. Navas ain't good enough. Silva and Aguero build the side around. Dzeko..Jovetic...move on. Bony obviously needs a full season before we can see. Pelle, I like him, but his team selections, tactics, being too predictable, poor use of subs, looks like he's signed his own release...he's definitely been handicapped though by FFP and poor purchases someone's made. So thats:

Hart

Zaba / new right back. .Kompany/Demi/Mangala..new left back/ Clichy

Milner / new wide right..Yaya?? / Dinho?? / couple newboys..new wideleft

Silve no.10

Aguero / Bony

Its central midfield and left back we need to sort out most.

Never mind Jack

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-gossip-sterling-targeted-8844370?

This team has been together for 4 years and it looks time for a refurb. Zaba isn't the player of the past seasons but is probably ok for another but he needs real competition (not Sagna). Kompany..Demi...Mangala need another season to see how they do. We need a better left back, clichy as backup and Kolorov to ovski. Yaya was awful yesterday, been poor all season...is he ok for another season? Fernando doesn't look good enough.

Dinho sometimes looks good enough sometimes lightweight but good enough to build around? Nasri out; not a fighter (WHY didn't we get Fabregas and move on Nasri?). Milner need to keep. Navas ain't good enough. Silva and Aguero build the side around. Dzeko..Jovetic...move on. Bony obviously needs a full season before we can see. Pelle, I like him, but his team selections, tactics, being too predictable, poor use of subs, looks like he's signed his own release...he's definitely been handicapped though by FFP and poor purchases someone's made. So thats:

Hart

Silve no.10

Aguero / Bony

You can't buy passion. :D

Hart

Silve no.10

Aguero / Bony

You can't buy passion. :D

But you can buy players who have talent AND PASSION...examples are Silva, Milner, Zaba, Kompany ...example of talent but no passion would be Nasri

Hart

Silve no.10

Aguero / Bony

Makes sense.

The old saying "Familiarity breeds contempt", could ring true.

Newspaper reports that Mancini wants Toure and that a figure of 45 million quid for Toure/Jovetic and Kolarov has been bandied around.

I would let all 3 go.

Not sure if Pogba is the answer. Overpriced, overhyped and a suspect attitude. Not what we want right now!!! I would rather go for Bale.

Agree with the full backs situation. And you have to believe that Mangala will be better next season.

We need a younger version of DeJong to play in front of our back 4. I prefer Fernandhino over Fernando, but whenever they play, they play with Toure, which means they are doing 2 mens work in defence.

Problem is, none of our 'attacking' players, except Milner, track back sufficiently, therefore you need a De Jong type player..... disciplined and not interested in venturing into the opponents half. We have enough up front. We dont need our holding midfielder attacking.

Busquets does the perfect job for Barca. Also Matuidi for PSG.

Trouble is I cannot think of anybody, except those 2, who could be considered 'world class'

• Like 1

Tough posts to work through ! Though things look dire I'm not willing to throw in the towel yet. Fighting for a CL spot now what with Arsenal on the move and the United miracle.

If City's performances don't improve from here on out it will be interesting to see what cards management is willing to play. One excellent year from Pellegrini followed by a tough one, though still in second. Throw the baby out with the bath water ? I'm not sure this drop off is all down to Pellegrini. You can't expect to wring passionate performances out of a host of players if they are not interested in busting a gut. On top of that some of them have clearly passed their prime, most notably Toure and very possibly Kompany, as well as others. Generally speaking, its an old team who lack pace defensively.

Rather than talk about which players should go I'll list the must stays,

Silva

Aguero

Bony

Fernandinho and/or Fernando

Hart

Mangala

I'd hope Kompany and Zabaleta will get back to their best. Navas is a one trick pony. Dzeko squanders too many chances. I actually like the combo of Clichy and Kolarov at LB but I'm probably alone in that. Nasri is a luxury at this point. Milner isn't getting any younger and wants to go...so let him.

• Like 1

Some fine points by my fellow sufferers.

"I actually like the combo of Clichy and Kolarov at LB but I'm probably alone in that". Yes, I think so. Im ok with Clichy, he's a trier, but Kolorov is a slow onefooted onetrick pony.

I'm a whore for Kolorov's crosses. I admit it.biggrin.png

"I actually like the combo of Clichy and Kolarov at LB but I'm probably alone in that". Yes, I think so. Im ok with Clichy, he's a trier, but Kolorov is a slow onefooted onetrick pony.

Clichy is not top drawer, neither is Kolarov.

Compare either to Azpilcueta............... not even close.

Bertrand/Baines both better.

I disagree with jellydog re Kompany. You dont go from being world class one year to mediocre the next. Class is permanent, form is temporary. There is a reason why his performances are below par..... mental? emotional? fear of injuring himself again? Who knows. But he is a world class centre half, who appears to be a nice guy also.

Zabaletas misperformances I think are down to the fact he is a new father. Different perspectives and outlooks on life. He will be ok next year.

Personally, I hope we have a rethink on Micah. If he is over his injury, he has huge potential...still.

Clichy is not top drawer, neither is Kolarov.

Compare either to Azpilcueta............... not even close.

Bertrand/Baines both better.

I disagree with jellydog re Kompany. You dont go from being world class one year to mediocre the next. Class is permanent, form is temporary. There is a reason why his performances are below par..... mental? emotional? fear of injuring himself again? Who knows. But he is a world class centre half, who appears to be a nice guy also.

Zabaletas misperformances I think are down to the fact he is a new father. Different perspectives and outlooks on life. He will be ok next year.

Personally, I hope we have a rethink on Micah. If he is over his injury, he has huge potential...still.

Kompany and Zabaleta have been two of my favorite players and I'm not giving up on either. I am dismayed by Vinnie's recent form though. Here is hoping Vinnie gets back to his old self.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

One thing that irritates me about Pelle is he is so predictable. Can't think of any game - maybe last season home vs Barca or Chelsea (Demi in midfield) - where he surprises with his team selection or tactics. Never anthing new. Never anything radical (Mangala at left back or a back 3 or Navas central and hoof it for him to chase on the break etc). We go in with a game plan which doesn't change if we don't first succeed, only the personal changes. Sometimes you've got to shake it up and/or surprise.

Brothers and nephews in a group of 8 set off yesterday for a repeat visit to Barca...ever optimistic. Sure it'll be a great result; not so sure about the result.

I'll miss watching it as I'll be up in Nakhon Nowhere...any one know if thai channels 3 or 7 show the Champions League games?

Manuel Pellegrini: Liverpool shouldn't get more credit than Man City for title failure

MANCHESTER CITY boss Manuel Pellegrini believes it is unfair his side's title triumph last season is remembered more as the one Liverpool lost.

City, who also lifted the Capital One Cup last term, were crowned Barclays Premier League champions for the second time in three years.Liverpool looked on course to win a maiden title but a 2-0 defeat at home to Chelsea in April ultimately saw their dreams go up in smoke.And Pellegrini believes City should have received more plaudits than they did at the time."We were fighting on all fronts. We won the Capital One Cup, reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, played in the Champions League and we won the League scoring 157 goals," Pellegrini told the Daily Mail."Liverpool only had one competition and that's an enormous advantage. And the slip from [steven] Gerrard? They lost that game 2-0, not 1-0."If he had not slipped, does it end in a draw? We'd still have been two points ahead of them. So why was it Liverpool losing the league and not us winning it?"Manuel Pellegrini: Liverpool shouldn't get more credit than Man City for title failure.

Pellegrini also believes the bar has been set higher for City than their domestic rivals because of the vast financial resources at their disposal.He added: "But this year Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have all spent more than us."People don't accept that we are trying to become a big club in a very short time. I don't think there's such a difference between the top five or six squads."

Bloody well said that Charming Man; the media and certain fans tend to forget that the Championship is won or lost not over one or two games but over 38 games!

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11476604/.html

Manchester City have barely progressed at all despite spending £327m since 2011

Must have been a dream I had that we'd won two Premiers, an FA cup and a League Cup, and played in the Champions League for the first time in our history, and broken several club records...some dream that!

Whichever Telegraph clown wrote the article seems to assume spending that amount of money means you'll win every competition every Year. ..like any team has ever totally dominated.

See the knives are out for us...circle the wagons blues.

Excellent interview

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/16/manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city-barcelona-champions-league

Manuel Pellegrini: Ive never felt that if I dont win Im out at Manchester City

In a passionate defence of his tenure at Manchester City, Manuel Pellegrini tells Sid Lowe about the clubs long-term vision, the need to respect the game and the fans, the problem with FFP and why he is James Milners No1 fan

No, you're just a whore.

w00t.gif

• Like 1

No, you're just a whore.

w00t.gif

A nice jump on that straight line Chiccy, but a bit too easy for you.biggrin.png