Manchester City

mrbojangles

Question my son asked me earlier today I put to you lot:

City fans: if you could only keep one player from the current squad, who would it be?

Non-City fans: if you take one player of our current squad to add to your squad, who would it be?

For me, Merlin without a doubt.

Bump

Yes, Silva for me, closely followed by Aguero and Hart.

Funny I look at that first XI and no one really stands out except Silva....that's not a wind-up it's just there's many little niggles that put you off, age is a an issue for many. I'd take Milner, Zab, Toure in a flash 5 years ago. Augero I'd love but injury obviously discounts. The likes of Navas, Nasri not the character iI'd want.

So I'll take Sliva thanks, and maybe Joe Hart

City fans: if you could only keep one player from the current squad, who would it be?

Non-City fans: if you take one player of our current squad to add to your squad, who would it be?

Bump

Funny I look at that first XI and no one really stands out except Silva....that's not a wind-up it's just there's many little niggles that put you off, age is a an issue for many. I'd take Milner, Zab, Toure in a flash 5 years ago. Augero I'd love but injury obviously discounts. The likes of Navas, Nasri not the character iI'd want.

Can't argue with that much Bob, though with Aguero, when he's right, he's about as good as they come. But yes, outside of a few, lots of questions about age, lack of form, questionable potential and attitude.

Can't argue with that much Bob, though with Aguero, when he's right, he's about as good as they come. But yes, outside of a few, lots of questions about age, lack of form, questionable potential and attitude.

Aguero is up there with Suarez for me....he is the only striker I've watched in the EPL that can do what Suarez did

New Prem league rules on English players spring to mind.

What new Prem league rules on English players?

You are uniformed about all sorts of things, aren't you?

Google Greg Dyke new rules, genius.

smile.png

There are no new rules on English players. At the moment they are only proposed new rules by Dyke. There is a long way to go before they become new rules, if ever in it's current layout. I can understand what Dyke is trying to achieve but he will have to come up with something in the middle ground and even then it ain't gonna be easy to implement.

• Like 1

:)

And it seems you know all (or so yo think).

And there was me thinking that they are Greg Dykes' PROPOSALS!

smile.png

There are no new rules on English players. At the moment they are only proposed new rules by Dyke. There is a long way to go before they become new rules, if ever in it's current layout. I can understand what Dyke is trying to achieve but he will have to come up with something in the middle ground and even then it ain't gonna be easy to implement.

You're wrong! Go one Chicog, put him right...you know everything Chicog. Doh!

Apparently Bony out and Vinnie a doubt for the derby.

Time to worry, Boyata is out.

Mangala and Demi against the world.

South American twitter rumors have City interested in hiring Alejandro Sabella, ex-Argentina NT manager. Heck of a coach but I can't see it at all. He'd probably beat out Pellegrini in a tactics contest though. He's being courted by Sao Paulo as well.

This is why Gary Neville is a KKnob with a capital K.....

I guess every pundit has allegiances to his previous teams, but this guy is a pppprick...................http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3033853/Gary-Neville-player-choose-Manchester-United-Arsenal-Chelsea-Manchester-City-City-fourth.html

I hope Gary, that after Sunday, you are left with the same gormlous look you had when 'the Goat' made you look a complete tool in 2002!!!

This is why Gary Neville is a KKnob with a capital K.....

I guess every pundit has allegiances to his previous teams, but this guy is a pppprick...................http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3033853/Gary-Neville-player-choose-Manchester-United-Arsenal-Chelsea-Manchester-City-City-fourth.html

I hope Gary, that after Sunday, you are left with the same gormlous look you had when 'the Goat' made you look a complete tool in 2002!!!

To be fair to Gary, many a red think he is a knob too.
  • Like 1

smile.png

Oh dear, the desperate attempts at being picky to try score points.

Do I have to spell out everything exactly for you muppets?

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed quotes

smile.png

The hole you are digging is getting bigger Chicog. There are no new rules but are only proposals, this isn't being picky just stating fact. Until they do/if become rules we don't know exactly what they will be. I for one doubt very much they will be anything like those which Dyke has currently set out but some middle ground or a compromise will be reached. Even then, they wouldn't be enforced immediately due to clubs currently having players on contracts etc

smile.png

Be the big man and admit when you're wrong. An introduction of new law(s) is one thing, a PROPOSAL is a totally different thing.

Don't read the 'Fail' so can't comment on his column but, as an LFC fan, I reckon ole rat face is about the best pundit out thereclap2.gif

Us innocents in Thailand are still being protected from the dangers of reading The Mail.

Red Nev says a lot of sense but his bias is obvious. His brother has nothing to say as cocommentator.

Manchester United v Man City: Michael Johnson - the fall and rise of last Mancunian to play in the derby for City

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11529259/Manchester-United-v-Man-City-Michael-Johnson-the-fall-and-rise-of-last-Mancunian-to-play-in-the-derby-for-City.html

What a wasted talent. Before his injuries, he had Colin Bell written all over him.

Manchester United v Man City: Michael Johnson - the fall and rise of last Mancunian to play in the derby for City

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11529259/Manchester-United-v-Man-City-Michael-Johnson-the-fall-and-rise-of-last-Mancunian-to-play-in-the-derby-for-City.html

What a wasted talent. Before his injuries, he had Colin Bell written all over him.

Nice short article. Thanks BB. I met the lad on many occasions and he's a nice chap, quite shy really for a footballer.

smile.png

Be the big man and admit when you're wrong. An introduction of new law(s) is one thing, a PROPOSAL is a totally different thing.

I foolishly assumed you had a clue what was going on.

I sincerely apologise.

smile.png

I foolishly assumed you had a clue what was going on.

I sincerely apologise.

Still can't admit you got it wrong can you. No surprise there.

Nice short article. Thanks BB. I met the lad on many occasions and he's a nice chap, quite shy really for a footballer.

Intrigued how you met him/know him.

Vincent Kompany: FFP is deliberately designed to stop Man City from competing with 'old order' like Man Utd

City fell foul of the Uefa rules last year which led to a conditional £49  million fine most of which they can claw back eventually by complying and restrictions on their European squad and incoming transfers which manager Manuel Pellegrini has stated hampered their chances of competing this season.The club is expected to comply this season and said it would have done so anyway during the natural course of its planned business operations.

United had a net transfer spend of £122 million last summer, around four times Citys figure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11530363/Vincent-Kompany-FFP-is-deliberately-designed-to-stop-Man-City-from-competing-with-old-order-like-Man-Utd.html

Seems our Vinny and Red Nev are in agreement with us Blues on here.

Consider:

We bought the following and finished Champions

2011 - Gael Clichy (Arsenal): £7mSergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid): £38mEdin Dzeko (Wolfsburg): £27mSamir Nasri (Arsenal): £22m

Following year we bought the following and finished 2nd

2012- Richard Wright (Preston North End): FreeScott Sinclair (Swansea): £8mCostel Pantilimon (Politechnica Timisoara): £3mJavi Garcia (Benfica): £15.8mMatija Nastasic (Fiorentina): £12m (plus Stefan Savic)Jack Rodwell (Everton): £12m

Following year we bought the following and finished Champions

2013 - Fernandinho (Shakhtar Donetsk): £30mMartin Demichelis (Atletico Madrid): £3.8mStevan Jovetic (Fiorentina): £22mAlvaro Negredo (Sevilla): £16.4mJesus Navas (Sevilla): £14.9m

Following year we bought the following and will not finish Champions

2014 - Bacary Sagna (Arsenal): FreeFernando (Porto): £12mWilly Caballero (Mangala): £4.4mEliaquim Mangala (Porto): £32m

See the Trend? Think we can all see the fix.