Manchester City

mrbojangles

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-manchester-city-golden-boot-9302911

Agueros.. the deadliest striker in Premier League history with 77 goals in 118 games.

Next week brings the Manager of the Year award, with Jose Mourinho odds on to take the honour. If the Chelsea boss wins it, that only three times in 14 years has the manager of the champions NOT won it and two of those were City bosses Roberto Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini! [be interesting toknow who the third manager is]

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-manchester-city-golden-boot-9302911

Agueros.. the deadliest striker in Premier League history with 77 goals in 118 games.

Next week brings the Manager of the Year award, with Jose Mourinho odds on to take the honour. If the Chelsea boss wins it, that only three times in 14 years has the manager of the champions NOT won it and two of those were City bosses Roberto Mancini and Manuel Pellegrini! [be interesting toknow who the third manager is]

IMHO no one should win it....they should send out a message of "Must do better" and save it for next season.

God stop with the nonsense.

The deadliest is Alan Shearer and until Aguero gets close to it he has nothing more than the best strike rate over 118 games.

God stop with the nonsense.

The deadliest is Alan Shearer and until Aguero gets close to it he has nothing more than the best strike rate over 118 games.

Give over arguing with every fact in an attempt to suit your own view Chicog. There is no doubting that Shearer scored the most but it took him 441 games to do that. Not many players will spend 14 or so years in the prem so it is always going to be difficult to compare apples and apples.

However, by your reckoning, anyone who doesn't spend 14 years in the prem are excluded from being credited. If Messi came over for 1 season and banged 100 goals in one season, would you still say Shearer was more deadly than Messi?

post-19542-0-43420200-1432271740_thumb.j

• Like 1

Give over arguing with every fact in an attempt to suit your own view Chicog. There is no doubting that Shearer scored the most but it took him 441 games to do that. Not many players will spend 14 or so years in the prem so it is always going to be difficult to compare apples and apples.

However, by your reckoning, anyone who doesn't spend 14 years in the prem are excluded from being credited. If Messi came over for 1 season and banged 100 goals in one season, would you still say Shearer was more deadly than Messi?

attachicon.gifSergio.JPG

By your calculations I am a deadlier striker than Aguero, and I got dragged out to play centre half.

Honestly, you desperate muppets.

biggrin.png

P.S. MrBo are you looking out for people in bulging thobes?

Edited by Chicog

Hoping This Charming Man might introduce a few of the youngsters on Sunday. ..Angelino, Brandon Barker, Jack Byrne, Pozo or the most obvious one, Inheanacho...for some minutes or on the bench

I'd love to see some of the youngsters given an outing as well BB. However, if Southampton beat us they could pip both Spurs and Liverpool to the Europa spot. I know some fans of those two clubs would be glad of that but I don't think their owners would be.

P.S. MrBo are you looking out for people in bulging thobes?

Not a good sign is it. More to come me thinks.

You see they caught a car load of RDX being smuggled in from Bahrain a couple of weeks ago? Although methinks that might have had a different destination.

I'd say City is the most likely destination for Raheem Sterling. Wondered how you lads feel about that?

As we know, we need more English players in the squad and so he ticks that box. He's good and has potential but the money being talked about is way too much IMO. Every pound we spend on him and his salary is money that we can't spend on other players, so I hope Liverpool and Sterling kiss and make up.

Oh yeah. And we should refuse to deal with that moron of an agent. Otherwise I could trouble ahead in 2 years time.

• Like 2

I'd say City is the most likely destination for Raheem Sterling. Wondered how you lads feel about that?

As we know, we need more English players in the squad and so he ticks that box. He's good and has potential but the money being talked about is way too much IMO. Every pound we spend on him and his salary is money that we can't spend on other players, so I hope Liverpool and Sterling kiss and make up.

Oh yeah. And we should refuse to deal with that moron of an agent. Otherwise I could trouble ahead in 2 years time.

One of those moments its a pleasure to sit back as a Spurs fan and enjoy the circus. biggrin.png

• Like 1

One of those moments its a pleasure to sit back as a Spurs fan and enjoy the circus. biggrin.png

As the rest of us will be doing when the Harry Kane circus opens.

As the rest of us will be doing when the Harry Kane circus opens.

Won't happen with Kane....he's not cut in the same mould as Sterling thankfully.

Kane might well get sold to Madrid for£100m next summer though!

Hoping This Charming Man might introduce a few of the youngsters on Sunday. ..Angelino, Brandon Barker, Jack Byrne, Pozo or the most obvious one, Inheanacho...for some minutes or on the bench

Although I agree, I think he will start with the same or similar 11 that beat Swansea, with possibly the exception being Lampard.

Its Pellegrinis M.O. Cautious and rigid in his thoughts

You have to question do we need him when we have Navas.

;-)

I am surprised BB

I dont rate Navas at all. All bluster with no finished article.

Having said that, I dont like Sterling.

Potentially very good player, however morally corrupt, prone to sulks, bad attitude and an agent who can compete with Yayas for stirring up the sh!t.

De Bruyne is the big money player we should go for this summer

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

;-)

I am surprised BB

Potentially very good player, however morally corrupt, prone to sulks, bad attitude and an agent who can compete with Yayas for stirring up the sh!t.

You obviously missed below my comments the (sarcastic) smile...

Navas is too old now to change his ways and become a good player. Useful as an off the bench impact player..speed we know about..works hard..can add cover to zaba...BUT erratic with his crossing..easy to read..poor finisher. Could have killed off any interest City have in Cresswell though, after he couldn't handle Navas.

Is Navas any better than Johnson...I don't think so.

I don't get the criticism of Sterling's morals. He's an employee. He has a limited career in years. He seems unhappy at scouseland or he wants to better himself in a better team...maybe he wants more money..what is wrong with that. If any of us can change companies anytime it suits us, why can't a player. Sorry but I don't get it.

But if David Silva says he's leaving us...

• Like 2

Must have been bladdy boring Circus's you went to as a lad smokes tongue.png

Must have been bladdy boring Circus's you went to as a lad smokes tongue.png

The village I grew up in didn't have a circus as all us kids would have run away and joined it to escape. :(

• Like 2

;-)

I am surprised BB

You obviously missed below my comments the (sarcastic) smile...

Navas is too old now to change his ways and become a good player. Useful as an off the bench impact player..speed we know about..works hard..can add cover to zaba...BUT erratic with his crossing..easy to read..poor finisher. Could have killed off any interest City have in Cresswell though, after he couldn't handle Navas.

Is Navas any better than Johnson...I don't think so.

"Jesus nailed to cross"

I don't get the criticism of Sterling's morals. He's an employee. He has a limited career in years. He seems unhappy at scouseland or he wants to better himself in a better team...maybe he wants more money..what is wrong with that. If any of us can change companies anytime it suits us, why can't a player. Sorry but I don't get it.

Not so much criticism of wanting out BB. IMO he's not worth the money being touted about and then who knows what tactic's his manager will come up with in two years. Same as Yaya, I'm fed up with his and his agents antic's and now I want to see the back of him, as it's all unsettling for the team.

Don't forget, we also let Sturridge go and didn't bow to his demands when he got too big for his boots.

Not so much criticism of wanting out BB. IMO he's not worth the money being touted about and then who knows what tactic's his manager will come up with in two years. Same as Yaya, I'm fed up with his and his agents antic's and now I want to see the back of him, as it's all unsettling for the team.

Don't forget, we also let Sturridge go and didn't bow to his demands when he got too big for his boots.

Hopefully everyone will just laugh at Sterling's agent this summer.

^^^^^thats what is all about, FREE TRADE so to speak, the drongos spouting off that sterling and his agent are both knobs, are just reading the tabloids. and no fluff all,

their minute brains cannot read between the lines, that l,pool are the main predators in this dispute, not sterling and his agent, but u can.t educate mugs can u ??

hope he pack his bags, and offs it to anywhere,and if m/city secure his services for the price they are asking, they are on a winner

l/pool are about to crumble , in all directions and sterling knows it, his agent knows it , l/pool cannot afford to take the massive, massive hit if sterling leaves

they are the ones behind the eight ball, not sterling and company

B/B aquero is the finest striker since henry,the pig looking contributer on this forum needs new hair rollers and a large large bottle of listerine. to rinse his big mouth out.....gosh shearercheesy.gif

Edited by evenstevens

Totally I agree he's not worth the fee being quoted but who is these days, and the player has little to do with the selling/buying fee quoted.

Did you read this article the other day...can't have been great being a player back in the 50s

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/manchester-citys-oldest-star-reveals-9286679

Football was a job, that was all, and you had employers. You could only sign a contract for one year, and when that finished on June 30, your wages stopped.If they put you on the transfer list, you couldnt sign for anybody, they retained your registration with the Football League, so you were virtually out of work, with no wages, and the only recourse was to go into non-league.

^^^^^thats what is all about, FREE TRADE so to speak, the drongos spouting off that sterling and his agent are both knobs, are just reading the tabloids. and no fluff all,

their minute brains cannot read between the lines, that l,pool are the main predators in this dispute, not sterling and his agent, but u can.t educate mugs can u ??

hope he pack his bags, and offs it to anywhere,and if m/city secure his services for the price they are asking, they are on a winner

l/pool are about to crumble , in all directions and sterling knows it, his agent knows it , l/pool cannot afford to take the massive, massive hit if sterling leaves

B/B aquero is the finest striker since henry,the pig looking contributer on this forum needs new hair rollers and a large large bottle of listerine. to rinse his big mouth out.....gosh shearercheesy.gif

F--- oof PishPhlaps you aren't fooling anyone you retard.

biggrin.png

If I want to change my company I just <deleted> and sign a new contract with the new people.

No drama involved....Sterling should just say the same instead of touting his services around when he is still under contract.

Funny...same stuff happens to me...one place wants me while another still has a few months contract....lot of factors in those decisions but if all is equal I always will see the contract out as best I can.

If you paid me 100k a week I would retire next summer so hahaha!