Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'd say City is the most likely destination for Raheem Sterling. Wondered how you lads feel about that?

1.Buy Pogba or Vidal.

2.Let Yaya, Milner, Dzeko and Nasri go.

3.Add another centre-back and a forward.

4.Add two or three Englanders who won't play, unless one of them is named Kane.

That said, I'll bet Sterling will be at City.

I'd say City is the most likely destination for Raheem Sterling. Wondered how you lads feel about that?

1.Buy Pogba or Vidal.

Can't see it.

More chance of seeing Messi at Citeh imho.

1.Buy Pogba or Vidal.

Can't see it.

Me either Smokie, But I'd love to see Kane at City.

1.Buy Pogba or Vidal.

Can't see it.

Me either Smokie, But I'd love to see Kane at City.

Unlikely...as he's nit going anywhere this summer...and if he improves again this year the Spaniards will swoop.

You know we prefer to sell abroad.....unless the money is three figures plus a million sign.

You have to question do we need him when we have Navas.

;-)

I am surprised BB

I dont rate Navas at all. All bluster with no finished article.

Having said that, I dont like Sterling.

Potentially very good player, however morally corrupt, prone to sulks, bad attitude and an agent who can compete with Yayas for stirring up the sh!t.

De Bruyne is the big money player we should go for this summer

You obviously missed below my comments the (sarcastic) smile...

Navas is too old now to change his ways and become a good player. Useful as an off the bench impact player..speed we know about..works hard..can add cover to zaba...BUT erratic with his crossing..easy to read..poor finisher. Could have killed off any interest City have in Cresswell though, after he couldn't handle Navas.

Is Navas any better than Johnson...I don't think so.

yup, missed the smiley!laugh.png

Johnson liked the birds and the booze too much (and that was b4 his latest allegations).

Loved a night out in Yarm apparantly. Thats why Bobby Manc got rid. Navas does a job but thats about it. Doesnt really add anything to the team

1.Buy Pogba or Vidal.

1) Pogba too much, Vidal not good enough

2)Bye bye Yaya, Nasri, Jovetic. To be fair to Dzeko, he hasnt made a fuss and it seems he wants to stay. Milner I would absolutely try to keep

3) I would bring in our 2 young lads Rekik and Denpayer, with Kompany and 1 more year from Demichelis and hopefully 32 mill not wasted on Mangala who surely must improve. Dont think we need a CB. We need a defensive midfielder... Fernando isnt good enough. De Bruyn to replace Nasri. I think we need a solid Left Back

4) We dont need Kane..... Cresswell or Garbutt and I think that unfortunately we will probably end up with Sterling

I don't get the criticism of Sterling's morals. He's an employee. He has a limited career in years. He seems unhappy at scouseland or he wants to better himself in a better team...maybe he wants more money..what is wrong with that. If any of us can change companies anytime it suits us, why can't a player. Sorry but I don't get it.

But if David Silva says he's leaving us...

I will tell you why.

You earlier refered to a report of football in the fifties, where players were earning a pittance, where their 9 month contracts ran out in June and they were then 'unemployed' until the football season started.

Nowadays, these kids are getting OBSCENE amounts of money.... good luck to them. But at least have the moral compass to see out your present contract. IN Sterlings case, he has been looked after and brought through by Liverpool. He has been taken care of and supported by his manager. He has been offered an improvement to his existing contract (even though Liverpool had no obligation to do so) and all he has done since Christmas is brood and sulk.

Hopefully we are getting rid of 2 rotten eggs in Nasri and Yaya. I wouldnt welcome getting another one.

• Like 1

I don't get the criticism of Sterling's morals. He's an employee. He has a limited career in years. He seems unhappy at scouseland or he wants to better himself in a better team...maybe he wants more money..what is wrong with that. If any of us can change companies anytime it suits us, why can't a player. Sorry but I don't get it.

I will tell you why.

You earlier refered to a report of football in the fifties, where players were earning a pittance, where their 9 month contracts ran out in June and they were then 'unemployed' until the football season started.

Nowadays, these kids are getting OBSCENE amounts of money.... good luck to them. But at least have the moral compass to see out your present contract. IN Sterlings case, he has been looked after and brought through by Liverpool. He has been taken care of and supported by his manager. He has been offered an improvement to his existing contract (even though Liverpool had no obligation to do so) and all he has done since Christmas is brood and sulk.

Hopefully we are getting rid of 2 rotten eggs in Nasri and Yaya. I wouldnt welcome getting another one.

Cut throat business football nowadays Jack, Liverpool weren't thinking of QPR or Sterling when they nicked him, they were only thinking of themselves ! what do you mean he has been looked after by Liverpool and taken care of by Rodgers ? Sterling and his agent have probably gone about things in the wrong way but don't start preaching on about loyalty, would Liverpool have shown any loyalty and kept him their if Sterling hadn't made the grade ?

A footballers life is very short thus they have to make the money while they can, what happens if Sterling is denied a big money move and then gets career threatening injuries over the next couple of years and therefore doesn't have a full career, are Liverpool going pay him for another 10 years ?

• Like 1

Defending Sterling's actions with the phrase that everyone does it in the workplace? Not true that everyone does that and I wouldn't have gone there - insensitive money-driven job-hoppers get most people's goat at work too!

Agree that his actions are not immoral but I'm not sure many of his detractors are charging him with that. Most of what he has done will probably be a breach of contract and it's up to the club to exercise the penalties provided in the contract. He or his next employer will be paying for the breach of the term of his contract as well.

I will tell you why.

Cut throat business football nowadays Jack, Liverpool weren't thinking of QPR or Sterling when they nicked him, they were only thinking of themselves ! what do you mean he has been looked after by Liverpool and taken care of by Rodgers ? Sterling and his agent have probably gone about things in the wrong way but don't start preaching on about loyalty, would Liverpool have shown any loyalty and kept him their if Sterling hadn't made the grade ?

A footballers life is very short thus they have to make the money while they can, what happens if Sterling is denied a big money move and then gets career threatening injuries over the next couple of years and therefore doesn't have a full career, are Liverpool going pay him for another 10 years ?

If no one is prepared to pay the huge money his agent wants and he stays at Liverpool next season.....suffers a career ending injury at Xmas then he will get paid till June by the scousers.....a few quid from the PFA and that will be it.

That's the risk he is going to be taking in not signing a new contract....that is if no one buys out his current contract in the form of a huge transfer fee plus wages.

I will tell you why.

Surely Sterling would have insured himself against a career ending injury?

TBH Alfie, i don't go along with the "footballs a short career" line anymore. It used to be very relevant years ago when they were not paid a kings ransom but now they're all filthy rich millionaires anyway.

EDS:

A storming second half from Manchester City saw them end their season with a 3-1 derby win over Manchester United.Kelechi Iheanacho (2) and Angelino scored after the break to complete a comeback victory over the division winners.United had beaten City 4-0 a fortnight ago on their way to the title, and went ahead at the Academy Stadium.

Unlike the other week BB, we didn't see the RAG's posting updates of the score this time did we biggrin.png

Guess my reason for posting wasn't so subtle after all eh ;-). As for the reds on here, apart from a moment in the sun after the derby, they've been pretty quiet this season.

Decent last day. Three points, a clean sheet and a goal from Lampard.clap2.gif

Yeah good result jelly but it all felt a bit flat with nothing to really play for. I thought with a chance of Europe, Southampton would have tested us more

^ You know why, surely? Read your own postsbiggrin.png

Disappointing but predictable from Pelle.

Errr....they played ,Man U on 23rdfacepalm.gif

City’s Elite Development Squad completed their season style with a 3-1 win in the under-21 Manchester derby at the Academy Stadium.

City’s Elite Development Squad completed their season style with a 3-1 win in the under-21 Manchester derby at the Academy Stadium.

Karim Rekik, Bruno Zuculini and Marcos Lopes are all named in the first team and didn't play the day before. Non of them were even on the subs bench yesterday. We had already guaranteed 2nd so I can't understand why Pelle couldn't give one of them a run out.

Karim Rekik, Bruno Zuculini and Marcos Lopes are all named in the first team and didn't play the day before. Non of them were even on the subs bench yesterday. We had already guaranteed 2nd so I can't understand why Pelle couldn't give one of them a run out.

Think you'll find that those three are on (or have recently returned) loan abroad Mr BJ. Even if they are back, they wouldn't have trained much with 1st XI

Edit.....Just had a look and I was correct.....PSV, Cordoba and Lille respectively.

Edited by wilai

Think you'll find that those three are on (or have recently returned) loan abroad Mr BJ. Even if they are back, they wouldn't have trained much with 1st XI

Edit.....Just had a look and I was correct.....PSV, Cordoba and Lille respectively.

I thought they were all back but not 100%. Either way, Iheanacho (spelling) and Pozo both played for the EDS when IMO it would have been great experience for them to have at least been on the bench yesterday. I really want to see how Iheanacho on the big stage he looks like he's got some great potential.

I will tell you why.

Surely Sterling would have insured himself against a career ending injury?

TBH Alfie, i don't go along with the "footballs a short career" line anymore. It used to be very relevant years ago when they were not paid a kings ransom but now they're all filthy rich millionaires anyway.

A. Depends how the injury is sustained Carms, if it's a one one off like happened to Busst then he would be covered, if it's a long term injury similar to Ledley then he probably wouldn't be.

B. I doubt that an Insurance pay-out would come close to what a Premier League player could earn over a career taking into consideration signing on fee's,wages etc.