Manchester City

mrbojangles

What did you think about the Borrussia pen awarded (not a pen for me) and the Borussia pen not awarded/booking (not a pen for me), and City's goal not given (a disgrace the officials missed it).

We weren't great that's for sure (still bloody naive) so it was nice that we got out of jail for a change.

Didn't see it - soldiers with a North Koean dictatorial bent were running a piece of TV propoganda when the replay was being shown. Missed the first 25 mins and the squaddies gave us back the football just as their guy missed!

Seen that first pen decision now. Laughable - s/be stone-cold yellow card for diving.

Was it in this match that the ref did actually rightly book a Borussia player for diving later on in the game? Can't remember - saw a few yesterday

• Like 1

What did you think about the Borrussia pen awarded (not a pen for me) and the Borussia pen not awarded/booking (not a pen for me), and City's goal not given (a disgrace the officials missed it).

We weren't great that's for sure (still bloody naive) so it was nice that we got out of jail for a change.

Didn't see it - soldiers with a North Koean dictatorial bent were running a piece of TV propoganda when the replay was being shown. Missed the first 25 mins and the squaddies gave us back the football just as their guy missed!

Seen that first pen decision now. Laughable - s/be stone-cold yellow card for diving.

Was it in this match that the ref did actually rightly book a Borussia player for diving later on in the game? Can't remember - saw a few yesterday

Yeah, clear dive on that early pen given. I think there was a yellow for simulation later but as you say easy to get them mixed up with others.

Edited by jellydog

Yeah, clear dive on that early pen given. I think there was a yellow for simulation later but as you say easy to get them mixed up with others.

The 2nd one was a slide in by Fernandinho and the Borrussia player found him and went down. He got booked for simulation.

• Like 1

Kompany, Clichy, Delph, Nasri and Toure are injured. Mangala is on the squad list and so are Kelechi and Bony," confirmed Pellegrini.

So Silva must be ok which is a major bonus.

Haven't been at all happy with the argie centre back pairing, so which 2 will he go with from Demi, Ota and Mangala?

I'd keep Sagna at RB; think he's been our best defender this season and deserves his place. Zaba can cover Sagna and Kolorov.

Nando and Dinho have no competition this week for the starting spots.

Presume he'll try out the Aguero..Sterling..Silva..KdB for the 1st time in the Premier with Speedy as 1st rubadub.

A decent start would be good tomorrow..please City.

I watched Newcastle vs Chelsea the other day and that huge leftback Mbabu making his debut against Pedro was excellent. Mitrovic looks a difficult physical player up front.

Yeah BB. Looks like those are the injured.

I'd go with Sagna as he has been playing well, so it's up to Zabba to force him out or sit it out for a while.

With Toure out, my 11 would be to try and mix it up a bit from past selections and try a 4-5-1 with either Silva or KdB sat just behind Aguero and keep the pace up out on the wings. I know, I know, Navas final ball is garbage but Sterling seems to have played better for some reason when Navas is on the opposite wing. If Navas can keep the Newcastle defence occupied with his speed, he can cut back to KdB and KdB give the final ball instead of Navas trying to deliver it. At the end of the day, we are a tad short of options.

Hart

Sagna

Otamendi

Mangala

Kolorov

Fernandinho

Navas

KdBruyne

Silva

Sterling

Aguero

Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Sagna, M.Garcia, Navas, Bony, Iheanacho

Newcastle: Krul; Janmaat, Mbemba, Coloccini, Mbabu; Sissoko, Anita, Gouffran, Wijnaldum; Perez, Mitrovic

Subs: Elliot, Lascelles, Williamson, Tiote, Thauvin, de Jong, Cisse

Good to see Zaba back but VERY HARSH on Sagna.

The slump goes on. This is WHU all over again. Bit of class from Silva and composure from Dinho gets us back in the game.

Our defending, Joe apart, is criminal today. What is Otamendi on?

We're carrying Sterling snd Aguero currently.

Only Joe, Dinho and Silva put a performance in.

I expect Sterling to get hooked for Navas if things don't improve. Our fullbacks have no support. Tighten it up City.

We only seem to play half games this season.

1st half Newcastle very good, should have been a few ahead...well done joe...then silva finds a ball to open them up and Aguero who'd been poor again scores, 1v1.

Second half...what happened I have no idea but we looked balanced with Sterling, who was poor, off for Speedy and suddenly with KdB moved leftside and decent movement happening Silva came alive and we ripped them apart with a lucky deflected 2nd goal and then great 3rd to 6th goals.

Ageuro broke the record for the quickest 5 Premier goals and City broke ManU record for fastest 6 goals.

Aguero and Silva off for Bony and Nacho and the chances continued but weren't taken.

Crazy game "of two halfs" as they say. Recommended viewing of the rerun.

Strange game indeed. The defense continues to be perplexing and I'm hoping its an issue of mix matched centre-backs getting to know one another. It doesn't help that Kolarov doesn't offer much help on his side of the pitch.

Sterling looks timid and just not letting it go. He has plenty of pace but often not using it to his advantage. Too much feeling things out. Turn on the afterburners and make something happen, as he did once and garnered a FK.

Second game in a row that the attack exploded when Navas came on. Seems to open up space for Silva and KDB to do what they do.

Great performances from Aguero, Silva and KDB.

Fundamental save from Joe to keep it from being 0-2.

Three big points no matter how you dissect it though.

I have noticed this year ,that City keep a very solid last line. But the defenders are just not picking men up...... thats the problem. Zabba at fault for their goal initially, but then the guy had a free header!!

I agree Sterling was cr@p again. I think he needs a rest.

Kolarov as usual shown up when up against speed.

Kun normal service resumed.

KDB excellent 2nd half, great goal. He will be even better in another dozen games, once he has got his head round the Premiership.

Edited by JacknDanny

Everybody will of course give MOM to Aguero but almost everything good AS USUAL came through Silva so for me it'd be Silva.

Love KdB...he's lots of fun isn't he. Can see why we chased and chased him.

Sterling needs to pick himself up.

Special mention for Fernandinho who was our best player 1st half, was everywhere and did more than most to keep us in the game.

We won today but 1st half WHU, 2nd half Spurs and 1st half today is not how a championship winning team plays so Pelle needs to get it sorted if we're to challenge. When we get Yaya, Kompany, Nasri and Clichy (to offer Kolorov some competition) back it should be interesting.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

He is phenomenal.

Thats why I was going on and on about him all summer, I knew he would fit right in. Today he was mostly on the left which is his less favourite position!! Still bagged a goal and 2 assists.

I know you like Silva as we all do.... but when a player is on the pitch for an hour and bangs in 5 goals, there is no question he deserves man of the matchthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

He is phenomenal.

Thats why I was going on and on about him all summer, I knew he would fit right in. Today he was mostly on the left which is his less favourite position!! Still bagged a goal and 2 assists.

I know you like Silva as we all do.... but when a player is on the pitch for an hour and bangs in 5 goals, there is no question he deserves man of the matchthumbsup.gif

If Sterling continues to struggle I can see KDB on the left more often. Not only for his attacking talent but he tracks back on Kolarov's side better than Sterling as well.

So. so, so happy that Aguero has found his scoring boots again. He missed several chances but still scored 5.
ame.
KdB really is top drawer. Yeah he's made some errors but that is just down to getting familiarity with the team and the prem, That goal was something special but he made it look so easy it won't get the credit it deserves.

As BB mentioned earlier. Silva when he comes alive is special. He just sees things that I only see in replays and in slow motion. Truly amazing with a great gift of reading the g

Bony isn't going to add much IMO but Nacho looks to have all the requirements for great things

And I said earlier I would include Navas, even though we all know his final ball is rubbish but he just adds something. His intro certainly changed the game.