Manchester City

mrbojangles

Strange and wrong team selection by Pellegrini

No legs from Fernando and Yaya..put right by putting on Delph (did ok) and Dinho.

No defensive cover.

Defense were awful...kolorov blameless...Hart's distribution awful but some important saves.

Several players had poor games.

First half was awful...better 2nd half.

Pelle was Klopped. City no answer to the energy and pressing (same as Spurs game)

Liverpool were excellent. Must been laughing when the saw our teamsheet. We gifted them a one goal lead and Liverpool picked us off on the break. A fair result. Against Spurs there was a degree of misfortune (2 offside goals) but here the score doesn't lie. Well done red scousers.

Right time to go take it out on the wife...whooya!

• Like 1

Congrats Liverpool, you deserved that.

Haven't seen Liverpool play that good this season and haven't seen City play that bad this season.

I just don't get how we could pass so badly and Mangala is a total liability.

I wouldn't mind but I had my bladdy lucky shirt on. That is now headed for the bin. Wish we had a cat!!

• Like 1

Congrats Liverpool, you deserved that.

Haven't seen Liverpool play that good this season and haven't seen City play that bad this season.

I just don't get how we could pass so badly and Mangala is a total liability.

I wouldn't mind but I had my bladdy lucky shirt on. That is now headed for the bin. Wish we had a cat!!

You're crap bojingles....ahahahahahahhHA!

Didn't see the game but i'm reading your improvement since Klopp took over described as "vast". Not that i'm remotely surprised. Sounds typical Klopp style....press hard in the middle bloc, win the ball back and attack, fast in numbers.

I think its going to be one helluva scrap for a top four place this season.

EDIT. Apologies City fans, i thought i was on the Liverpool threadwai.gif

Edited by carmine

Didn't see the game but i'm reading your improvement since Klopp took over described as "vast". Not that i'm remotely surprised. Sounds typical Klopp style....press hard in the middle bloc, win the ball back and attack, fast in numbers.

Of course you did.

Liverpool and Spurs high energy pressing game proving effective against City. From what I've seen of those 2 teams, I will expect Liverpool to finish higher this season.

]

Of course you did.

Liverpool and Spurs high energy pressing game proving effective against City. From what I've seen of those 2 teams, I will expect Liverpool to finish higher this season.

]

No i did not. I take the piss as i want when i want and certainly don't feel the need to apologise. You really need to lighten up.

Of course you did.

]

No i did not. I take the piss as i want when i want and certainly don't feel the need to apologise. You really need to lighten up.

Actually I was joking ;-)

]

Thought Delph looked spritely when he came on. Mangala should never don another City again.

Pelle won't admit that he chose the wrong team and tactics. That to me, is unforgiveable for a manager. Blamed it all on bad team performance and said he would pick the same starting 11 again. I'm ok with losing as long as you learn from it but you ain't gonna learn when you haven't realised you got it wrong.

• Like 2

Thought Delph looked spritely when he came on. Mangala should never don another City again.

Pelle won't admit that he chose the wrong team and tactics. That to me, is unforgiveable for a manager. Blamed it all on bad team performance and said he would pick the same starting 11 again. I'm ok with losing as long as you learn from it but you ain't gonna learn when you haven't realised you got it wrong.

He looked a broken man with a few mins left....clueless.

Pelle won't admit that he chose the wrong team and tactics. That to me, is unforgiveable for a manager. Blamed it all on bad team performance and said he would pick the same startin.g 11 again. I'm ok with losing as long as you learn from it but you ain't gonna learn when you haven't realised you got it wrong.

Pellegrini definitely at fault for that team selection. Looked also like he hadn't taken in to account Klopp football. ..not a coincidence that the best away performance I've seen at the Etihad was by Dortmund who blitzkrieged City.

Media are piling the blame on Demichelis, who wasn't good, but I thought Mangala was hesitant and hopeless.

Delph and the Ferni twins made a better show of it 2nd half.

Only pluses were KdB who looks class when on the ball and never hid. Delph impressed me when he came on...he looked up for it. Hart's saves.

I don't think we'll get too many tonkings like that but are we Champions in waiting...hard to see it at the moment. Get Kompany, Otamendi and Silva in there and we'll be better.

Yaya beginning to look past it in these energy games; need to pick n choose games for him.

Bad day in the office. .move on to the next game.

Impressed by Liverpool's performance, no reason why they can't kick on and catch up

]

• Like 1

Totally agree.

The only positive was Delphs performance when he came on.

I have no clue what was wrong with Mangala. He looked sh!t scared every time the ball or a player came near him. The whole defence looked nervous even when we had possession.

Tactically Pellegrini got it totally wrong. Totally overran in midfield until Delph and Fernandhino came on.

You simply cannot play those players in that way against a pressing running team, like Liverpool. Especially with a new defence. I cannot remember City playing well after any international break. Might be my imagination, but thats what it seems like.

I have no clue what was wrong with Mangala. He looked sh!t scared every time the ball or a player came near him. The whole defence looked nervous even when we had possession.

I reckon that's why Hoe Hart was coming out too far for everything, he didn't have any confidence in his defence. He'd have stayed on his line more if Kompany and Otamendi were playing.

• Like 2

I reckon that's why Hoe Hart was coming out too far for everything, he didn't have any confidence in his defence. He'd have stayed on his line more if Kompany and Otamendi were playing.

Looked to me as though your defense was playing 'high' hart had little option but to come out. When your defensive midfeild were being pressed extremely quickly frequently losing the ball the c/bs and hart were left exposed

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Looked to me as though your defense was playing 'high' hart had little option but to come out. When your defensive midfeild were being pressed extremely quickly frequently losing the ball the c/bs and hart were left exposed

Spot on assessment...AND it took Pellegrini to halftime to make a move to combat Klopp's FAMOUS press but by then it was too late.

Spot on assessment...AND it took Pellegrini to halftime to make a move to combat Klopp's FAMOUS press but by then it was too late.

I disagree...at HT you had just scored to make it 3-1 and I thought we were going to see a real scrap.

You were just rubbish in the second half is all...Liverpool totally outplayed you.

I disagree...at HT you had just scored to make it 3-1 and I thought we were going to see a real scrap.

You were just rubbish in the second half is all...Liverpool totally outplayed you.

I disagree. Aguero's goal was an individual goal and against the run of play. We weren't rubbish in the 2nd half, in fact we were far better than the first and even created, but the damage was done in the first half when we didn't turn up and dropped the baton after 7 minutes.

Just for you Jellydog. Don't think there's a word of this report I disagree with

http://blue-chews-daze.blogspot.com/2015/11/oh-dear-mr-pellegrini-what.html?m=1

More and more clear as time goes by that Pellegrini is too often clueless about defending. From tactics to choice of personnel. He is an attacking manager and has always been known as such. He could use some help but it looks like he has no idea that he needs any. A very likable fellow in my book but this blind spot he has is costing City. That said he could win the league even so, but it won't be easy if he doesn't wise up, if only a little.

Just for you Jellydog. Don't think there's a word of this report I disagree with

http://blue-chews-daze.blogspot.com/2015/11/oh-dear-mr-pellegrini-what.html?m=1

More and more clear as time goes by that Pellegrini is too often clueless about defending. From tactics to choice of personnel. He is an attacking manager and has always been known as such. He could use some help but it looks like he has no idea that he needs any. A very likable fellow in my book but this blind spot he has is costing City. That said he could win the league even so, but it won't be easy if he doesn't wise up, if only a little.

Can't see him lasting for next season. Its obviously very early doors but i just don't see him meeting the aspirations of your owners.

Seemingly very decent guy who is a lesson to certain other managers in the manner he interviews and in his general behaviour

liverpool fan mate of mine went the match at the etihad on the weekend and had a small barney with the coppers on the away turnstiles - all bags and pockets were being searched but only on the away fans - my mate pointed this out and was told to eff off by one of them. so he persisted and asked why the home fans weren't being searched and was told "they won't cause damage to their own team, that would be stupid". so mate then asked "ok, but what if they start throwing stuff at us?". seems the bizzies hadn't considered that one and said copper said "well cctv will get them i suppose".

Brilliant minds at work.whistling.gif

liverpool fan mate of mine went the match at the etihad on the weekend and had a small barney with the coppers on the away turnstiles - all bags and pockets were being searched but only on the away fans - my mate pointed this out and was told to eff off by one of them. so he persisted and asked why the home fans weren't being searched and was told "they won't cause damage to their own team, that would be stupid". so mate then asked "ok, but what if they start throwing stuff at us?". seems the bizzies hadn't considered that one and said copper said "well cctv will get them i suppose".

More to the point, did your mate report any trouble? I know City fans are still pissed after City fans including women were attacked at the Anfield game (wasnt it a Hillsborough memorial weekend) during the Gerrard-slip season.

PS. I'm definitely not condoning trouble or retribution, just curious how things were on Saturday knowing City fans pissed off with Liverpool fans.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue