Manchester City

mrbojangles

liverpool fan mate of mine went the match at the etihad on the weekend and had a small barney with the coppers on the away turnstiles - all bags and pockets were being searched but only on the away fans - my mate pointed this out and was told to eff off by one of them. so he persisted and asked why the home fans weren't being searched and was told "they won't cause damage to their own team, that would be stupid". so mate then asked "ok, but what if they start throwing stuff at us?". seems the bizzies hadn't considered that one and said copper said "well cctv will get them i suppose".

Really?....some of the after match rants on social media would contradict that argumentbiggrin.png

liverpool fan mate of mine went the match at the etihad on the weekend and had a small barney with the coppers on the away turnstiles - all bags and pockets were being searched but only on the away fans - my mate pointed this out and was told to eff off by one of them. so he persisted and asked why the home fans weren't being searched and was told "they won't cause damage to their own team, that would be stupid". so mate then asked "ok, but what if they start throwing stuff at us?". seems the bizzies hadn't considered that one and said copper said "well cctv will get them i suppose".

Really?....some of the after match rants on social media would contradict that argumentbiggrin.png

Not aware of any damages caused by City fans at the Etihad on Saturday or any other time I can think of. City fans were and still are pissed off with Saturday's abysmal performance, particularly Pellegini's bizarre team selection and failure to put it right when we could all see the starting IX wasn't up to it.

I would have liked him do a Mourinho, after 20 minutes or so, and throw on Otamendi (MoM in most recent matches), Delph (energy/legs) and Fernandinho (player of thecseason for us so far, energy/legs)...but no he waited until the game was over before reacting.

Pellegrini this season has looked more tactically astute and more man-management savvy but he seriously shot himself and us in the foot Saturday.

We'll bounce back I'm sure but Saturday drubbing should never have been allowed to happen if he'd studied Klopps football and recent Liverpool games...granted Liverpool played a blinder but we should never be suffering a 1v4 drubbing and our worst defeat since 1v5 Arsenal a dozen years back (remember that one..we were an average team up against a brilliant rampant Arsenal team then).

]

Got some nice photos of Distin holding my kids when City were here on tour back when Pearce was manager and the wife got to take him and other players as shopping guide. Also saw Distin and a blond shopping in Selfridges Manchester year. Been an excellent player all these years and he's taken care of himself.

post-19652-0-07266600-1448286779_thumb.p

^Don't worry Kurt, just a very poor and amateur attempt at trying to deflect (hide) his initial balls upbiggrin.png Must have been an accountant/auditor/risk assessor in a previous life but, fair play to the guy...at least he's a trierwhistling.gif .One does tend to wonder why though.?cheesy.gif

^Don't worry Kurt, just a very poor and amateur attempt at trying to deflect (hide) his initial balls up biggrin.png Must have been an accountant/auditor/risk assessor in a previous life but, fair play to the guy...at least he's a trierwhistling.gif .One does tend to wonder why though.?cheesy.gif

I have absolutely no idea what your post means on this City forum. Anybody? ]

^Don't worry Kurt, just a very poor and amateur attempt at trying to deflect (hide) his initial balls up biggrin.png Must have been an accountant/auditor/risk assessor in a previous life but, fair play to the guy...at least he's a trierwhistling.gif .One does tend to wonder why though.?cheesy.gif

Its natural for discussion to digress. Its only one post after all, and i have to remind myself you tend to get rather prickly when anyone comes on here to comment on City, especially if you don't like what they have to say so make yer mind up please!!

What you might be interested to comment on is the current leaders points tally is the lowest total to be leading the league at this stage of the season since the 89/90 season so baring in mind your recent form it bodes rather well for you as i'm sure your performances are going to improve.

^Don't worry Kurt, just a very poor and amateur attempt at trying to deflect (hide) his initial balls up biggrin.png Must have been an accountant/auditor/risk assessor in a previous life but, fair play to the guy...at least he's a trier whistling.gif .One does tend to wonder why though.?cheesy.gif

Its natural for discussion to digress. Its only one post after all, and i have to remind myself you tend to get rather prickly when anyone comes on here to comment on City, especially if you don't like what they have to say so make yer mind up please!!

What you might be interested to comment on is the current leaders points tally is the lowest total to be leading the league at this stage of the season since the 89/90 season so baring in mind your recent form it bodes rather well for you as i'm sure your performances are going to improve.

Not quite sure I know what your 1st para is about, though I've noticed you get prickly if I comment on any thread. Your 2nd para is more interesting; I think a 3rd of the season in, we all now know that not one team so far looks like champions elect, though Chelsea have probably left themselves with too much to do.

]

More to the point, did your mate report any trouble? I know City fans are still pissed after City fans including women were attacked at the Anfield game (wasnt it a Hillsborough memorial weekend) during the Gerrard-slip season.

PS. I'm definitely not condoning trouble or retribution, just curious how things were on Saturday knowing City fans pissed off with Liverpool fans.

]

city fans attacked at anfield in 2014? i never heard anything about that. not sure what hillsborough would have to do with it either way.

and on the weekend apparently city fans were just silent on leaving the stadium according to a mate who sat in with the city fans. it is a very weird stadium though. doesn't inspire fans to get behind their team particularly, doesn't really have any atmosphere and feels like an event arena or big day out venue more than a football ground.

city fans attacked at anfield in 2014? i never heard anything about that. not sure what hillsborough would have to do with it either way.

April 2014 when it was neck and neck between us in the run in. I think it was a weekend when there was a tribute to the 96 who died at Hilsborough. Kids and OAP's on the bus.

Manchester City fans 'shocked and shaken' after alleged attack by Liverpool supporters

Supporters' coach is attacked on way to Anfield by rival fans throwing stones and bricks before Man City's 3-2 Premier League defeat to Liverpool

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10764428/Manchester-City-fans-shocked-and-shaken-after-alleged-attack-by-Liverpool-supporters.html

April 2014 when it was neck and neck between us in the run in. I think it was a weekend when there was a tribute to the 96 who died at Hilsborough. Kids and OAP's on the bus.

Manchester City fans 'shocked and shaken' after alleged attack by Liverpool supporters

Supporters' coach is attacked on way to Anfield by rival fans throwing stones and bricks before Man City's 3-2 Premier League defeat to Liverpool

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10764428/Manchester-City-fans-shocked-and-shaken-after-alleged-attack-by-Liverpool-supporters.html

Pffft we used to get that from other local schoolkids on the bus home regularly in Scotland.

Another soft southern poofter story. cheesy.gif

• Like 2

More to the point, did your mate report any trouble? I know City fans are still pissed after City fans including women were attacked at the Anfield game (wasnt it a Hillsborough memorial weekend) during the Gerrard-slip season.

PS. I'm definitely not condoning trouble or retribution, just curious how things were on Saturday knowing City fans pissed off with Liverpool fans.

]

and on the weekend apparently city fans were just silent on leaving the stadium according to a mate who sat in with the city fans. it is a very weird stadium though. doesn't inspire fans to get behind their team particularly, doesn't really have any atmosphere and feels like an event arena or big day out venue more than a football ground.

Kids chucking stones at a minibus? Happens all the time, all over the place! I very much doubt that City fans in general (even the Eccles lads) share your hysteria!!!..... #dramaqueenbiggrin.png

Edited by wilai

stones thrown at a coach? that's not "attacked", that's just the L4 scallies welcoming committee. they throw bloody stones at matchgoing liverpool fans as well.

• Like 1

^Has he died?

& where are the kids?

Self-explanatory if you READ the text not look at the pictures.

My kids are currently at school. Thanks for asking.

]

His recent post on the dippers thread was "I have a bonk on again!" so perhaps it's a case of when his dongle is working his brain isn't laugh.png

The game at Anfield, was a bit naughy as the Club and City fans went in support of Liverpool's 'Justice for the 96' with banners of support for inside the ground and "City have paid tribute to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster with a full page ad in the Liverpool matchday programme". There were apparently quite a few incidents of City fans being attacked. The coach incident was the one which made the papers; even the coach was reported to have had a Justice for the 96 flag in its window. Considering the importance to the city of Liverpool of that day, I think City fans were very surprised by the events that day.

Your scouse mate is right about the atmosphere in the Etihad. It's a problem modern stadiums seem to have; I understand the Emirates has similar problems. That said the atmosphere/noise situation has improved this season with the opening of the 3rd tier and moving the away fans area. Bear in mind that City had just had their heaviest home defeat in 12 years; no doubt if similar had happened to liverpool at Anfield, it'd be quiet.

Pffft we used to get that from other local schoolkids on the bus home regularly in Scotland.

Another soft southern poofter story. cheesy.gif

I can believe that. Rangers and Celtic fans used to through bottles and stuff out of their supporters coaches at passers by, and they weren't even playing us - just on their way through Carlisle to play in Manchester or Liverpool!

Long lost days, when the big Scottish teams were up there with England's finesttongue.png

The game at Anfield, was a bit naughy as the Club and City fans went in support of Liverpool's 'Justice for the 96' with banners of support for inside the ground and "City have paid tribute to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster with a full page ad in the Liverpool matchday programme". There were apparently quite a few incidents of City fans being attacked. The coach incident was the one which made the papers; even the coach was reported to have had a Justice for the 96 flag in its window. Considering the importance to the city of Liverpool of that day, I think City fans were very surprised by the events that day.

Your scouse mate is right about the atmosphere in the Etihad. It's a problem modern stadiums seem to have; I understand the Emirates has similar problems. That said the atmosphere/noise situation has improved this season with the opening of the 3rd tier and moving the away fans area. Bear in mind that City had just had their heaviest home defeat in 12 years; no doubt if similar had happened to liverpool at Anfield, it'd be quiet.

No no, it's a cauldron of noise gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

• Like 1

^Has he died?

& where are the kids?

Self-explanatory if you READ the text not look at the pictures.

My kids are currently at school. Thanks for asking.

]

What about the blonde then?

I now wish I'd asked Distin who the blond was, in case a year later on TV forum I was asked "what about the blond then", but I was too busy gawping at her.

]

So how will Pellegrini redeem himself in Italy tomorrow?

I'm sure he'll play similar to the 4-1-2-2-1 counter attacking set up he used against Sevilla which started as:

Hart,

Sagna, Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov,

Fernando,

Fernandinho, Toure,

Navas, Sterling

Bony

Aguero will replace Bony.

I can see Pelle going again with Navas for his speed and workrate, and Sterling or KdB.

It'll be 3 from the Ferni twins, Yaya and Delph, but I reckon the twins are definitive starters.

Otamendi will start, probably Sagna (Zaba to return tomorrow or the weekend?) and Clichy, but Demichellis or Sagna is a tough one after the weekend.

I hope we play as we did on the counter against Saville. When we tried at the Etihad to take on Juventus it was a masterclass defensively with 2 goals on the counter, so lets try it differently this game.

Having analysed all responses received, the Club can confirm that there is an overwhelming desire amongst Cityzens for the badge to evolve and that a round design, as used in two of the Clubs three previous crests, is by far the most popular shape and remained so throughout the consultation process.The Club has therefore been working with our designers to establish a badge which most authentically reflects both Manchester City Football Club and the city of Manchester and which takes into account the feedback received during this consultation.Kevin Parker, General Secretary of the Manchester City FC Supporters Club, said:"I am delighted that the Club consulted with the fans about our most important symbol. It is impressive that they canvassed our opinions on this matter and that they want to reflect our feedback in the ultimate design. "On a personal note, while the Eagle badge will rightly live on in fans hearts, minds and on football kits for all that it has come to symbolise over the years, I am pleased that we will once again see the round design which has twice featured in our past badges."As the badges design is completed in the coming weeks, it will be publicly revealed after it has first been shared with all Cityzens members. Watch this space!

So how will Pellegrini redeem himself in Italy tomorrow?

I'm sure he'll play similar to the 4-1-2-2-1 counter attacking set up he used against Sevilla which started as:

Hart,

Sagna, Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov,

Fernando,

Fernandinho, Toure,

Navas, Sterling

Bony

Aguero will replace Bony.

I can see Pelle going again with Navas for his speed and workrate, and Sterling or KdB.

It'll be 3 from the Ferni twins, Yaya and Delph, but I reckon the twins are definitive starters.

Otamendi will start, probably Sagna (Zaba to return tomorrow or the weekend?) and Clichy, but Demichellis or Sagna is a tough one after the weekend.

I hope we play as we did on the counter against Saville. When we tried at the Etihad to take on Juventus it was a masterclass defensively with 2 goals on the counter, so lets try it differently this game.

"Silva and Kompany are both still ruled out of this game, along with Pablo Zabaleta and Eliaquim Mangala. Worringly again, Kompany is not expected back for the match against Southampton at the weekend. Pellegrini say Silvas ankle has improved in the last two days and is hopeful that both he and Wilfried Bony will be back for the match at the weekend.As a result the only two fit senior centre backs will be Nicolas Otamendi and Martin Demichelis. Hopefully the latter can recover his best form alongside the impressive Otamendi."

]