Manchester City

mrbojangles

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

We got your boyclap2.gifclap2.gif

What have you read/heard that makes you so confident?

Are you being serious BB??

Its been a foregone conclusion for some time. Pep was always going to see out his contract.

This weekend he will make an announcement that he is leaving Bayern in the summer.

Previous relationship with the 'Barca Boys', makes us undeniable favs to get him. I have actually been expecting him to come for some time.

Of course Chelsea and United will no doubt throw their hats in the ring. But I think coming to City has been 'unofficially' agreed for a while.

Jack, how much do you think they will give him to spend ?

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

We got your boy clap2.gifclap2.gif

]

Its been a foregone conclusion for some time. Pep was always going to see out his contract.

This weekend he will make an announcement that he is leaving Bayern in the summer.

Previous relationship with the 'Barca Boys', makes us undeniable favs to get him. I have actually been expecting him to come for some time.

Of course Chelsea and United will no doubt throw their hats in the ring. But I think coming to City has been 'unofficially' agreed for a while.

Like your confidence, I'll wait to see it confirmed.

If it is announced next week that he is joining us in the summer, can only see that leading to the wheels coming off for the remainder of the season.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

From Barcelona to Bayern then City. He's certainly roughed it in his managerial career. Will we ever know if he's THAT good?

Barca and Bayern were finished products and well established clubs when Pep took over there. City will be a big job for him as we are no where near those 2 other clubs in so many ways (that said, the City job would probably be easier for him to be successful than taking on ManU or Chelsea at the moment). The task for him will be not just to win some trophies but to move us closer to the level of Barca, Bayern and Madrid.

From Barcelona to Bayern then City. He's certainly roughed it in his managerial career. Will we ever know if he's THAT good?

Barca and Bayern were finished products and well established clubs when Pep took over there. City will be a big job for him as we are no where near those 2 other clubs in so many ways (that said, the City job would probably be easier for him to be successful than taking on ManU or Chelsea at the moment). The task for him will be not just to win some trophies but to move us closer to the level of Barca, Bayern and Madrid.

Why would it be easier at City?

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

]

If it is announced next week that he is joining us in the summer, can only see that leading to the wheels coming off for the remainder of the season.

]

I dont think that announcement will be made. I think it will be announced that he is not renewing his Bayern contract.

It wouldnt surprise me if he took a year out before taking over at the end of Pellegrinis contract.

But I am convince that he has had a gentlemans agreement for some time that he will join us at the end of his time at Bayern.

If he does join us in the summer, there is no way that will be announced until after the season is over.

Gut feeling.

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

]

]

I dont think that announcement will be made. I think it will be announced that he is not renewing his Bayern contract.

It wouldnt surprise me if he took a year out before taking over at the end of Pellegrinis contract.

But I am convince that he has had a gentlemans agreement for some time that he will join us at the end of his time at Bayern.

If he does join us in the summer, there is no way that will be announced until after the season is over.

Gut feeling.

I agree. It would be bad form to announce that mid season. Although i heard/read that his wife isn't keen.

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

]

]

Gut feeling.

I agree. It would be bad form to announce that mid season. Although i heard/read that his wife isn't keen.

Wait till she visits the Trafford Centre, that'll turn her head ;-)

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Dont cry Karl Heinz!!!

]

]

Gut feeling.

Kings Rd or Manchester biggrin.png

^good point. Living in Britain's busiest city, or living in the Cheshire countryside. Put it another way, living in Thailand's busiest city, or say living baan nork. Know which I'd prefer and it wouldn't be city life (if I had a choice).

You're a millionaire manager living in the north of England, need to go take the wife shopping in London, easy peasy.

Sorry, I digressed.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

^good point. Living in Britain's busiest city, or living in the Cheshire countryside. Put it another way, living in Thailand's busiest city, or say living baan nork. Know which I'd prefer and it wouldn't be city life (if I had a choice). Sorry, I digressed.

It was more of a joke BB, you really need to lighten up and not jump on every bit of bait that is thrown out there whistling.gif

Joey Barton just picked his best XI on Fantasy Football club.

Some very curious choices in there. Love the fact he's got Ali B in there - if only he'd joined us when he was younger, pure joy to watch - and choosing the Dunney Monster was nice to see (4 times City player of the season; heard him interviewed on Blue Tuesday last week, he lives south of france, currently his kid is trying out for City). That central midfield pairing is a bit bizarre.

Barton would have played with all the players, but where would he played alongside Butt (Newcastle)?.

post-19652-0-24068900-1450525941_thumb.p

I take absolutely no notice of anything Barton has to say or write BB

I find joey amusing, particularly now he thinks he's an intelligent soul.

Remember going to pick up free tickets from City for the City..Everton. .Bolton. .thailand tournament here years ago. A very upset Richard Dunne, with his hand bandaged, walked past me. Damaged his hand punching the wall in frustration of not knocking Bartons lights out on that night Barton punched out a 16yr old everton fan in the hotel bar.

Oh joey!

]

Not feeling too confident about tonight's (another bloody 3am kickoff) Arsenal game. We rarely get anything there, we've been poor for weeks and when I've seen them recently they look decent. Of course Pellegrini will no doubt take them on to win, he knows no other way, but this is a game NOT too lose.

This is the team selected by the fans on M.E.N.for tonight.

post-19652-0-47271600-1450677622_thumb.p

From MCIVTA 2011MAN CITY INFO VIA THE ALPS "McVittee!" (2011)

Apologies for the formatting

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW AND OTHER STUFFAt the penultimate out-of-the-jar, screwball UEFA draw for the last 16 matches, it turned out we couldnt we couldnt play Benfica because that would mean the Russian Zenit St. Petersburg playing the Ukrainian Dynamo Kyiv and the distinct possibility of WW3 breaking out.So City had to play Dynamo Kyiv bydefault.It looked like our very first reasonable draw since we had had nothing but very tricky teams in the group stages and Barcelona in the last 16 so far. It looked even better when we saw the difficult ties which Chelsea and Arsenal had been given against PSG and Barcelona.Then the snags started to appear.We have to play Dynamo Kyiv in an empty stadium because of their transgressions:Charges against *FC Dynamo Kyiv **(from UEFA site)**:*- Racist behaviour - Art. 14 of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (DR)- Crowd disturbances - Art. 16 (2) DR- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA safety & security regulations.But we already know UEFAs definition of an empty stadium empty of ticket buying public but not of chosen UEFA guests regardless of their cluballegiances.So we can expect about 300 to 600 partisan Kyiv fans shouting their delightful chants while City fans have to stay at home.At least City supporters havent yet bought plane tickets and booked Hotel rooms as happened last time.As many have said, it would make more sense to allow City fans only to attend a match played in a neutral stadium which would motivate the club to clamp down more urgently on racist and loutish behaviour instead of making excuses and it would deservedly punish their fans.However only City fans will suffer because there doesnt appear to be anything in the disciplinary judgement which says Kyiv fans cant buy tickets for the City home match at the Etihad.It gets worse however because of our relatively successful season so far.We surely have a fighting chance of beating Everton over two legs in the Capital 1 Cup semifinals which would put us through to the final. Unfortunately for us, the Wembley final is on Sunday 28^th February, three days after we play Dynamo Kyiv in Ukraine.Assuming City have chartered a flight and can fly back the same evening and assuming that they arent snowed in (snow falls for 50% of the time in February in this part of the world), they should arrive back in time for some training/recovery/treatment on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday they would be off to London with no in-depth preparation or recovery possible from then onwards. This would be very poor preparation for a possible match against Stoke or Liverpool both of which clubs have beaten us well this season.If we play the first team in Kyiv then we will probably say goodbye to any chance of the Capital 1 cup win I reckon in fact another Wigan final beckons.We have been unimpressive in whichever match followed the away UEFA ties this season.So what to prioritise? Id go for the domestic competition every time and play squad players in a park-the-bus/lorry/HGV exercise in Ukraine. I definitely wouldnt play de Bruyne, Silva, Kompany or Aguero if we had a Wembley final date on 28^th .Of course the simple solution to this is to lose to Everton and hope that Dynamo Kyiv dont do to us what CSKA did in Moscow (come back from 2-0 down).So overall the pundits, whose understanding of all matters City could be written on the back of a very small postage stamp, think we have a good tie. Theyre wrong its rubbish for more than one reason and I do hope you will all join with me in loudly booing the sickly, pretentious UEFA anthem in March.Incidentally Handel wrote the Zadok the Priest which is said to be the inspiration behind Tony Britten UEFA anthem composition. The anthem is alleged to be an original composition commissioned in 1992.However if Handels descendants were allowed to bring a copyright case against UEFA they would have a good chance of winning. The Handel composition is a great work which has stood the test of time the UEFA anthem on the other hand is a piece of derivative musical sh*te well suited to an organisation led in its recent years by a once great footballer. According to the press UEFAs currently suspended leader is said to be about to receive a ban from all footballing related activities for his monetary dealings with a godfather of the international footballing version of Cosa Nostra.So all this begs the question why we allow ourselves to continue to be associated with such obviously inept, corrupt and self-serving creeps as these? Wouldnt it be more dignified for the FA to leave FIFA and City to leave UEFA until such time as they adopt transparent, fair and legal practices under new constitutions? I know there would be short term losses (no world cup for England and no Euro football for City) but someone somewhere needs to stand up against the footballs tyrants, incompetents and racketeers?Isnt that what we British do best? (Exit stage left singing Rule Britannia while waving a flag showing a large hand with middle finger rampant)

Peter Llewellyn

MCIVTA 2011MAN CITY INFO VIA THE ALPS "McVittee!" (2011)

WHAT GOES AROUNDRemember united fans taunting us in 2008 as City struggled through a pre-qualifying round of the Uefa Cup against some little known Danish outfit, while they dined at the top table of the Champions League? Well 7 years later how the tables have turned eh..? City finish top from the group of death (Juve, Seville & BMG) while the dirties fail to emerge from a much easier group, and join the Thursday night 'Chumps League' where they get drawn against the very same giants of Denmark, FC Midgetland. Hahaha, now who is laughing? Me for one....sweet Karma! Yet apparently LVG is going to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. Yeah right!

Jon Reese