Manchester City

mrbojangles

The Main Man is now Home in Thailand> How long I wonder???? :o:D

Elano is NOT in Thailand, he is playing against Reading today :D

Oh sorry, just realised this is the FOOTBALL forum :D

:D

Politics out !! Politics out !! Politics out !! Politics out !!

Gotta agree lads..we shaded it today :D

We REALLY needed the points, cheers guys :D

I hope that Dunn makes a speedy recovery, unfortunate injury that, and I admit that we may not have got the win if he had not been injured

Best of luck for the rest of he season...

see ya next year :o:D

Gotta agree lads..we shaded it today :D

We REALLY needed the points, cheers guys :D

I hope that Dunn makes a speedy recovery, unfortunate injury that, and I admit that we may not have got the win if he had not been injured

Best of luck for the rest of he season...

see ya next year :o:D

Well done TP :D

Hope you stay up :D

Could someone tell me why SGE took of Vassell - he was the only one making any headway up front! After he went off he seemd to lose all shape and system to accommodate individuals - where fk were Elani, Castillo, Caciedo, Benjami playing and what was the system? Shame as we looked alright until Dunney got injured - and then a back 4 of fullbacks.

Good points:

1. We saw how much we miss Dunney.

2. Garrido convinced me he isn't a fullback.

3. Hart continues to look the real deal.

4. Johnson showed the old pro's up once again.

5. Vassell had a decent game.

struggling now...

With it being at Reading, I didn't get to watch the full match Bred so can't comment too much. But it could have been a different story if we had been awarded one of the penalty claims on Johnson. The first IMO being a legit claim and 50/50 in many games it would have been given. The second was 100% a penalty but he got booked for diving :o

With it being at Reading, I didn't get to watch the full match Bred so can't comment too much. But it could have been a different story if we had been awarded one of the penalty claims on Johnson. The first IMO being a legit claim and 50/50 in many games it would have been given. The second was 100% a penalty but he got booked for diving :D

I did see the whole game, and trust me, it was like watching paint dry!!!!!!!

We were totally inept, uncommitted and clueless. Very worrying :D

Re the penalty decision.......there was definately contact, most referees would have given it, but that dumb sh1t Uriah Rennie(who has only reffed 3 other premier games this season as he was demoted :o )has to book Johnson for diving. Unbelievable :D

Both were a decent shouts for penalties with the 2nd one their playing stating that he caught Johnson and expected a penalty. so yes it could have been differant if Dunney hadn't got injured, we'd gone ahead through a pen, etc, etc, but overall, yet again we weren't good enough. Square pegs in round holes springs to mind.

With us having virtually no centrebacks fit, Ball crocked, Hamann suspended (i think), i was wondering what back 4 we'll have against bogey team spurs - a big game me thinks for SGE!

Interesting what Celtic think about Samaras. From skysports:-

McManus wants Samaras stay

Celtic skipper Stephen McManus is hoping Georgios Samaras will stay at the club on a permanent basis.

Samaras has impressed at Parkhead since his loan arrival from Manchester City during the January transfer window.

The Greek international won many more admirers by creating Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's last-gasp equaliser against Aberdeen in Sunday's Scottish Cup quarter-final.

McManus says he is not the only one who would like to see Samaras stay in Glasgow claiming the striker is a big hit with Celtic's female fans.

"I would love to see big Sam stay. I think the women would like to see him stay too because of those looks of his - it gives everyone something to look at," McManus told the Daily Record.

"From our point of view, he is a top, top player and a great lad as well. He is a joy to play beside.

"A lot of players who found themselves in the situation he did would have lashed the ball across goal but he put in a great cross and we scored.

"Sam is a great player and people forget he's still only 23.

"I knew about him when he was with Manchester City and the manager liked the look of him.

"He's a gifted lad and that hasn't been a surprise. When someone is brought for £6million, as he was, you know he is quality and he's come up here and been a breath of fresh air."

From the BBC:-

Man City v Tottenham

Manchester City defender Richard Dunne faces a late fitness test on his shin ahead of home match with Tottenham.

Michael Ball (knee) and Micah Richards (knee) are still out, while Martin Petrov is banned, but Nedum Onuoha is back after a hamstring strain.

Tottenham have Alan Hutton available after he was ineligible for the midweek Uefa Cup exit to PSV.

Defenders Younes Kaboul (knee) and Ricardo Rocha (groin) are doubtful while Gilberto returns to the squad.

Man City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson on Man City defender Richard Dunne:

"Richard's a tough guy, and if there is any chance he can play against Spurs then he will do.

"We have conceded some easy goals and we need him. We were not conceding soft goals in the first half of the season, which is why we had so many good results.

"It is up to us to make it right and start to win, because otherwise there is no meaning in talking about Europe.

"As long as it is still a mathematical possibility, we have to believe it and fight for it."

Spurs first-team coach Gus Poyet:

"The target for us now is that we keep improving and that means we have to win as many games as possible.

"We are going to start building for next season starting with Sunday."

Eriksson eyes turning point :o

City boss looks to rest of season after Spurs turnaround

Manchester City manager Sven Goran Eriksson hopes that his side's success against Tottenham will prove to be a turning point in their season.

City began the 2007/08 campaign in startling fashion but eventually wavered, with Sunday's win over Spurs just their third in 13 Premier League games.

Goals from Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha helped Eriksson's men come from a goal down against Tottenham, and the Swedish tactician believes the triumph might prove to be a pivotal point his side's campaign.

"I think we deserved to win. I think we created more chances than they did," he told Sky Sports.

"It was extremely important for us to win. We had gone three games without scoring a goal and getting only one point.

"I hope this is the turning point, and that we can play well for the rest of the season.

"I don't think we played badly in the first half, but we needed to be livelier.

"I thought we had better initiative in the second half and we scored two goals."

Moments before City's equaliser Ireland was due to be substituted, and Eriksson has spoken of his relief that the change failed to take place.

"We thought about playing two strikers. But luckily we did not have time to do it, he scored, and we changed our minds," he concluded.

Good points:

2. Garrido convinced me he isn't a fullback.

struggling now...

I've thought about my comment about Garrido and would like to hold my hand up that i was being a wee bit emotional! He's a decent enough player, looks a better going forwards as a fullback than defending, he's decent on the ball but suffers for lack of pace which from time to time shows him up.

. I wasn't impressed with Corluka yesterday. Gave the ball away and just trotted back.

He is a lazy tw#t!!

Does it all the time. I really do not rate him. I have never seen him break into a sweat :o

I thought Benjani had a great game. However was the result more due to Spurs tiring in the second half due to their midweek exertions?

Anyway, at least it was a vast improvement on previous games :D

From the BBC:-

City stadium turbine plan on hold

Manchester City Football Club's plan to power its stadium with its own turbine has been delayed over safety fears.

The club's 85m (279ft) wind turbine, designed by Sir Norman Foster, was due to be up and running last year.

But experts have warned there is a risk of ice forming on the huge blades and falling to the ground when temperatures drop below -4C (25F).

It means the Eastlands turbine has been delayed while the club's partners conduct their own studies.

The scheme for the club to generate its own electricity - and supply neighbouring homes in east Manchester - was unveiled in 2005.

Planning approval was granted by the city council in August 2006 and it was due to be operational by October 2007.

But the plans were hit by the delay when the EU told European wind turbine manufacturers to factor in the need for an exclusion zone around large turbines in urban areas.

Pete Bradshaw, the club's social responsibility manager, said they were working with its partners in the venture to make sure the technical issues were resolved.

"These largely revolve around suggestions made from within Europe that large wind turbines have to have an exclusion zone around them when the temperature falls below -4C," he said.

"That needs to be thoroughly investigated to see if that is the case, because if it is, clearly the location of the turbine wouldn't be acceptable.

"What we are not going to do is put people in the community, fans, and visitors to the football club at any sort of risk - no matter how minimum that risk is. We wouldn't allow that."

The structure, if built, would be one of the UK's largest land-based turbines and would be larger than the nearby B Of The Bang sculpture.

The three-bladed turbine, provided by independent power company Ecotricity, would produce about two megawatts of electricity.

It's blade tip will reach 120m (394ft), while the nearby B Of The Bang stands 59m (194ft) tall.

Manchester's latest addition to its skyline - the Beetham Tower - climbs to 168.87m (554ft).

. I wasn't impressed with Corluka yesterday. Gave the ball away and just trotted back.

He is a lazy tw#t!!

Does it all the time. I really do not rate him. I have never seen him break into a sweat :o

I thought Benjani had a great game. However was the result more due to Spurs tiring in the second half due to their midweek exertions?

Anyway, at least it was a vast improvement on previous games :D

somewhere i read today somebody or a report saying similar things about Corluka, how unlike Dunne, Richards and somebody else from another club Charlie doesn't put his body on the line for his club, and how he gets beat too often in the air for a defender, so would be better in a Hamann position (probably would as he lacks pace as well for a defender).

Benjami had his best game yet, played really well.

I never thought we were 2nd to spurs even when behind and for some reason you could feel the momentum shifting our way in the 2nd half; a bit of luck also goes a long way.

Can somebody jog my memory. A game this season, the ball came across our box from a short corner i think, their player jumped for the ball in an offside position missed so wasn't judged offside even though he distracted Hart just behind him and their player behind the jumper put it in. What was that game???

Can somebody jog my memory. A game this season, the ball came across our box from a short corner i think, their player jumped for the ball in an offside position missed so wasn't judged offside even though he distracted Hart just behind him and their player behind the jumper put it in. What was that game???

Aaah, that'll be the game against Tottenham at WHL :o

Thought Benjani looked good too but why oh why will Sven not play 2 up top??!!Looking forward to the day when Bojinov f\returns but when this will be im really beginning to wonder.

Thought we were better against Spurs but still look short of confidence.I think Garrido just shades it over Ball and certainly offers us more attacking options.I also think Castillo is going to be a huge asset to us he looks good to me.

Aaah, that'll be the game against Tottenham at WHL :o

Sorry mate you are wrong.

It was against Blackburn, I'm sure :D

2-2 draw at Eastlands. Dunn was the player who went for the ball and missed it, and I think Santa Cruz was the scorer.

Edited by jayenram
edited at posters request

Thanks, it was the 2 v 2 Blackburn home game:

"Linesman Darren Cann flagged that David Dunn was offside when David Bentley crossed from the right but changed his mind when the Paraguayan headed home. It was difficult to see how Dunn might have been "inactive" and not interfering with play..."

Anyone see the Wankchai :D article in the Bangkok Post today? He is either trying to be ironic :D (which I seriously doubt), or he is suggesting that Mr T is influential in the way that Man City perform on the pitch :D . Whilst I can understand the correlation between Mr T returning to Thailand and the slide in Cities recent results up until this week, I'd expect something a little more articulate and knowleagable of the game from the sports editor :o . All in all, it was a pretty crass piece of journalism from the resdent muppet, but at least it made me laugh. I will try to find a link for it.