Manchester City

mrbojangles

There is no doubt that our old academy wasn't producing. However, this new one hasn't even been open 2 years yet. You can't accelerate age and so it will still be a few years away until the young lads have gone through the system and we can see the final products. One thing is for sure though, if we don't produce any superstars, it won't be due to the lack of facilities available to them.

• Like 1

You ask "how do you judge the best academy/academies". How would I judge a school for my kids? Based on many factors including facilities, curriculum, quality of teaching staff, results, etc. Surely gauging academies, which are schools after all, is similar: best facilities, best quality coaching staff, quality of the kids peers which can be judged by their results against kids from other academies. It is acknowledged that ManU have a good academy: it is not a coincide that they have been champions in the oldest academy age group (u21s) 3 out of past 4 years (think chelsea were the other year). Chelsea's academy is acknowledged: no coincidence that they've won the youth cup at u18s several times in recent years. From what I read City's is now an acknowledged academy: beaten finalists in the u18s youth cup past 2 seasons and National u18s champions last season. I'm definitely not going to bother commenting on the lower age groups, you can check yourself if interested.

So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how?

Where is this going?

i give up beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

I'll try and make it simple for you, for what reason do Football clubs pump a lot of money into Football academies ?

Edited by alfieconn

^"for what reason do Football clubs pump a lot of money into Football academies".

What, you don't know why ? it's called a numbers game ! whereby you buy as many good young players as you can, farm them out and recall the decent ones at a later date.

Now you answer my questions. How would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how? Where is this going?

^"for what reason do Football clubs pump a lot of money into Football academies".

What, you don't know why ? it's called a numbers game ! whereby you buy as many good young players as you can, farm them out and recall the decent ones at a later date.

Now you answer my questions. How would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how? Where is this going?

The above just proves you ain't got a clue biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Out Alfie'd Alfie...annoying isn't it! ;-)

Just let us know when you have an Academy player become a regular in your first team or you sell an Academy player for decent money !

Arsenal, Tottenham and Southampton are currently the top developers of young players in the Premier League.

The north London rivals and Saints each have nine players in their squads who have stepped up from their youth ranks to play in the Premier League, according to a new Sky Sports study.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10058264/hold-hold-hold

Edited by alfieconn

MAN CITY TEAM NEWS Team to play Dortmund: Caballero, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Kolarov, Angelino, Fernando, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Barker, Iheanacho, Navas...same starting XI as against Munich. Still no CBs to chose from apart from the 2 x u18s Adarabioyo and Humphreys. Will we see any of the 3 central midfielders play CB as per this week's media speculation? Thai ch36 PPTV ...game on.

Just let us know when you have an Academy player become a regular in your first team or you sell an Academy player for decent money !

...Jou just let us know when you win a trophy or finish above Arsenal !! ;-)

Arsenal, Tottenham and Southampton are currently the top developers of young players in the Premier League.

The north London rivals and Saints each have nine players in their squads who have stepped up from their youth ranks to play in the Premier League, according to a new Sky Sports study.

There you go, the definitive source on the top developers of young players in the Premier League. Happy now.

MAN CITY TEAM NEWS Team to play Dortmund: Caballero, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Kolarov, Angelino, Fernando, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Barker, Iheanacho, Navas...same starting XI as against Munich. Still no CBs to chose from apart from the 2 x u18s Adarabioyo and Humphreys. Will we see any of the 3 central midfielders play CB as per this week's media speculation? Thai ch36 PPTV ...game on.

So that website was wrong.

Starting IX

Caballero,

Adarabioyo, Otamendi, Kolarov,

Navas, Fernando, Fernandinho, Delph, Clichy

Zinchenko, Iheanacho,

1st half Dmd started better, City ended better. Zinchenko been more involved this game, looks a (lightweight) talent. Fernando vs Rode in midfield. Otamendi in his favourite position..skidding on his arse.

Most interesting thing is Pep playing Clichy ahead of Kolorov whereas Pellegrini did the reverse. Clichy doesn't look comfortable. Can see Angelino forcing his way in this season, his football skills are better of the 3 but he's still lightweight.

The only youngster who doesn't look up to speed is Barker. Pep seems to like Adarabioyo who looks decent (isn't he the only one to play 180) and the only other 90 minutes player today Fernandinho did play in the centre of a back 3 and looked comfortable.

Enjoyed that but its not a patch on the Texaco cup or Anglo-Scottish cup is it.

The only youngster who doesn't look up to speed is Barker. Pep seems to like Adarabioyo who looks decent (isn't he the only one to play 180) and the only other 90 minutes player today Fernandinho did play in the centre of a back 3 and looked comfortable.

Enjoyed that but its not a patch on the Texaco cup or Anglo-Scottish cup is it.

Pep clearly reads TV City forum, as it's back by (my) demand, the Anglo-Scottish cup. "St Johnstone to face Manchester City next week" https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/228946/st-johnstone-face-manchester-city-next-week/

Wasn't surprised when Stirling missdd his penalty last night; he has a strange (unnatural) striking action of the ball. Liked Angus Gunn's 'swaying octopus' action and 3 saves from 6 was impressive. Our tall kid at tbe back, my kids christened him 'the giraffe' for that slow loping but rangey running style.

So Alfie, is your definition of the best academy or better academies based solely on how many of that club's players come through and are in the Premier? That's one definition. But as an academy goes from 9 years old to 21 years old, what if that club's academy has players in their Premiership teams but its academy age groups of 9 to say 18 years old are rubbish (poor coaching staff only available, kids aren't that talented, maybe the club doesn't run the lower age group or some of the age groups, etc), would that academy still be classified as the best or one of the better academies? It wouldn't necessarily in my eyes, just based on players in the Premier, if the rest of its academy is rubbish as most likely there's going to be nothing coming through in the next couple of seasons from the younger age groups! I would see that as the club having a talented age group that came through and some of them made it to the first team, but not necessarily indicative of the best or one of the better academies.

Sorry Alfie, while I love chatting with you, could you keep your powder dry for 2 hours, I've a match to watch.

Alfie/Carmine

RECAP: The discussion points are:

(i) Carmine’s outrageous statement “Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid which I disputed,

(ii) Carmine’s (yet-to-be-proven) statement that “Spurs have the BEST ACADEMY/TRAINING FACILITIES IN THE UK as is ACKNOWLEDGED i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media” which I have asked him to prove if the statement is to be accepted, and,

(iii) my statement that “If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy”, to which I confirmed that “No I do not have any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy. Bit subjective which is THE best I would have thought”. I then gave my opinion of "how do you judge the best academy/academies" and then stated “So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how?to which Alfie hasn’t answered.

Sorry Alfie, while I love chatting with you, could you keep your powder dry for 2 hours, I've a match to watch.

Alfie/Carmine

RECAP: The discussion points are:

(i) Carmine’s outrageous statement “Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid which I disputed,

(ii) Carmine’s (yet-to-be-proven) statement that “Spurs have the BEST ACADEMY/TRAINING FACILITIES IN THE UK as is ACKNOWLEDGED i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media” which I have asked him to prove if the statement is to be accepted, and,

(iii) my statement that “If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy”, to which I confirmed that “No I do not have any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy. Bit subjective which is THE best I would have thought”. I then gave my opinion of "how do you judge the best academy/academies" and then stated “So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how?to which Alfie hasn’t answered.

You really, really need to get out more. A gift you are and a prize gift to the forum but.............

btw, whats the average age of your squad?

• Like 2

Didnt realise you had bought DeGea from us!

biggrin.png

It's Bryan Gunn's (ex Norwich keeper) lad.

6' 5", skinny as they come, plays for England not Scotland, doesn't look to be good with his feet but more of a Joe Hart type.

Joe Hart type....butter fingers? Thump the chest pre match, then bottle it? Enlighten us oh brightener of our darkness. biggrin.png

biggrin.png

He looks half decent and has a lot of DeGea's mannerisms in fact i thought it was him at first sight!

biggrin.png

He looks half decent and has a lot of DeGea's mannerisms in fact i thought it was him at first sight!

Will trade you Angus straight up for DG Red. ?