Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Stevie that is most City fans opinion, it's not going to be easy, there's a learning curve but hopefully we'll be there or there abouts.

Getting the excuses in early now are we BB..:whistling:

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Petermik & Alfie - No, it's called stating your honest opinion.

Press and bookies have us down as favourites, I like most City fans don't see us as favourites.

Who is if not you lot?.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Petermik & Alfie - No, it's called stating your honest opinion.

Press and bookies have us down as favourites, I like most City fans don't see us as favourites.

Sounded a bit cliched to me. :D

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Why?

You've spent a bloody fortune...even more than mrboj on his tent today lol.

Go forth and win the league...mind you its time you broke the UK transfer record.. is your sheikh your booty getting bored?

If we take your logic Smokie that the team that spends the most will/should be champions then this seasons final table is here
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1594220/premier-league-clubs-have-spent-3-1billion-building-their-squads-for-the-start-of-the-new-season-now-its-time-to-put-them-to-the-test/

Manchester City have risen from the ashes in recent years and good luck to them,but never in a million years will they ever CONSISTENTLY compete with their neighbours from Salford,like it or lump it but it,s fact    :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Manchester City have risen from the ashes in recent years and good luck to them,but never in a million years will they ever CONSISTENTLY compete with their neighbours from Salford,like it or lump it but it,s fact    :thumbsup:

United had a great 20 or so years but that is all history now and you will have to eventually come to terms with the fact that going forward you won't get the same amount of trophies.

We have finished higher than United 4 out of the last 5 seasons Peter. Like it or lump it, it's a fact. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm not one joe hart's biggest fans, not his goalkeeping but his personality - seems a bit too full of himself - but I'm not too happy with the way Pep is treating him. If this is just Peps way - as Pellegrini once did - to bring hart's ego down then I'm fine with it (probably the two biggest characters in the club, hart and yaya, being dropped can't be just a coincidence surely and must be Pep showing he's got the biggest knob). Reports are that Hart will be dropped for Tuesday's European game so he's not cup tied and available for sale.
This article pretty much says what I'm thinking:
http://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2016/8/15/12472858/joe-hart-saga-a-bad-look-for-manchester-city

So what did you make of City's playing out from the back, fullbacks moving in to centre midfield, wingers hogging the touchlines, wingers playing on the correct side not inverted, etc. Fascinating and I loved it. Players get used to it, get the right players in (yes you Sagna) and it should be fun.

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

United had a great 20 or so years but that is all history now and you will have to eventually come to terms with the fact that going forward you won't get the same amount of trophies.

We have finished higher than United 4 out of the last 5 seasons Peter. Like it or lump it, it's a fact. :thumbsup:

BJ

I like facts because they are true and an obvious fact that you may lump is the one that says Manchester United have been the English football league champions 20 times :thumbsup:

Now Barry....... neither you nor I, or anyone else on TVF for that matter will be alive to see the day when Citeh overtake United,s honours list,you know it..... I know it........... and uncle Tom Cobley knows it also    :clap2:

Best wishes for the new season :wai:

No question but that it is going to take time for Pep to arrive at his favorite eleven. Many new players to fit in and decisions to be made about the old guard, Hart, Yaya and the rest. I wouldn't be surprised if both Hart and Yaya are soon gone. Both have had distinct ups and downs over the past year. Its a new dawn at City to be sure. I'm hoping for CL play next year but its definitely not a given. Should be very competitive for the top 4. 

I'm not sure about Pep's 4-1-4-1 and inverted wingers. Does he have the quality fullbacks to pull this off ? We'll see.

Petermik, you seem to love it more on here trolling than you do on the ManU forum where you don't seem to post too much. Why's that then?

In the 80s I think it was, my older brother was telling me of his son being mocked by school buddies who supported Stockport County and had beaten City that day. I remember agreeing with my brother that it was sad that his son would never get a chance to see City win the Championship, Fa Cup, etc with a great team as we had. My nephew is in his late 20s now and has seen us win two titles, a bunch of trophies, follows City all around Europe, and watched a great team dominate ManU and be the most successful english team of recent years.

Never say never!

I'm guessing you're a guy in your 60s and if you are you will surely remember that when a certain Scot arrived in 1987, United were still light years behind their arch rivals Liverpool, with ManU having then gone 26 years without a title win. Back then, that eras TV Forum medium equivalent no doubt would have had Scousers posting similar to your comments. Today the polarity is entirely reversed; United have over taken Liverpool and Liverpool haven't won a title for 26 years. Hard to believe for those of us who followed football when Liverpool dominated for two decades. So City or indeed another club may or may not come along and over take ManU, history shows us it's a possibility. I don't think I will see City overtake ManUs titles, but my nephew might.

Never say never!

City squad list for 2 games vs Steaua

Goalkeepers: 1. Joe Hart, 13. Willy Caballero, Angus Gunn

Defenders: 3. Bacary Sagna, 5. Pablo Zabaleta, 11. Aleksandar Kolarov, 22. Gael Clichy. 24. John Stones, 30. Nicolás Otamendi, Tosin Adarabioyo, Angeliño Tasende

Midfielders: 6. Fernando, 7. Raheem Sterling, 15. Jesus Navas, 17. Kevin De Bruyne, 18. Fabian Delph, 21. David Silva, 25. Fernandinho

Forwards: 9. Nolito, 10. Sergi Agüero, 72. Kelechi Iheanacho

Yaya's been left behind to wash Pep's office windows. Be a good lad yaya.

I'm both shocked and delighted that your cost cutting has led you to chartering Romanian planes for your European trips.

I also hear mrboj is looking at a Ford for his next project....

Maybe you are saving up for the Messi bid finally?

11 hours ago, petermik said:

BJ

I like facts because they are true and an obvious fact that you may lump is the one that says Manchester United have been the English football league champions 20 times :thumbsup:

Now BoJ....... neither you nor I, or anyone else on TVF for that matter will be alive to see the day when Citeh overtake United,s honours list,you know it..... I know it........... and uncle Tom Cobley knows it also    :clap2:

Best wishes for the new season :wai:

Peter, if it helps you sleep easier at night reminiscing of past glories instead of the here and now, that's fine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Peter, if it helps you sleep easier at night reminiscing of past glories instead of the here and now, that's fine.

BoJ

I only need to go back a few months,and the facts say that this year already United have put another couple of trophies in the cabinet...like it or lump it as the case maybe  :whistling:

khow jai mai....:clap2:

So what did you make of City's playing out from the back, fullbacks moving in to centre midfield, wingers hogging the touchlines, wingers playing on the correct side not inverted, etc. Fascinating and I loved it. Players get used to it, get the right players in (yes you Sagna) and it should be fun.

Though you would have a more attacking formation against Sunderland at home,  incidentally Spurs sometimes played a very similar formation last season albeit a bit more attacking!

Edited by alfieconn