Manchester City

mrbojangles

Torino sign England keeper Hart on season-long loan.

Bony goes to Stoke on loan.

City also loan out Nasri to Sevilla (I'd hoped he'd stay).

And the biggie, "England youth international Shay Facey, a 21-year-old defender, continues a globetrotting start to his career.He had a loan spell at New York City, then went to another place that never sleeps - Rotherham, and is now heading over to the Netherlands...Heerenveen" (used to have a dutch buddy who lived in and supported Heerenveen - nice little place).

Mangala still hanging in at City...

P.s. Liverpool's Balotelli set to join Nice.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't get dramatic; he might not start but he'd get on for one of the front five definitely. 

It's turning out to be a lovely headache for Pep to have but I just couldn't bring myself to drop KdB when he's fit. I would have to find an alternative solution.

Interesting how Gundogan is included in all the selections even though he hasn't played yet but only one chose to include Sarne

I wouldn't drop KdB when he's fit and firing but right now he's a littlefoff the pace and Silva has taken to the role better than KdB. Sterling is on fire now he's playing on the correct side and added a dab of Dickov to his game. Nolito is very useful isn't he. So that's it, have to drop Aguero for KdB and play with a false 9 ;-)
As you say, what a lovely headache.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

I wouldn't drop KdB when he's fit and firing but right now he's a littlefoff the pace and Silva has taken to the role better than KdB.

Yeah KdB isn't upto his best but his free kick on sunday that Fernandinho headed in was majestic.

Bit of a predicament for Pep tonight. By 11pm (i think) we have to have submitted out Champs League squad which can only include 17 johnny foreigners. Following last nights loans etc we currently have 18 left. If we'd have kept Joe it wouldn't be a problem but now it is. Looks to me like Toure will be the one to miss out. Who'd a thowt it

City's foreign players: Bravo, Caballero, Sagna, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Toure, Gundogan, Navas, Sane, Nolito, Aguero, Iheanacho

Busy summer at City.

City's Summer Business: 9 In & 27 Out

Players in:
Gundogan from Dortmund
Aaron Mooy from Melbourne City
Nolito from Celta Vigo
Zinchenko from FC Ufa
Sané from Schalke
Jesus from Palmeiras
Moreno from Athletico Nacional
Stones from Everton
Bravo from Barcelona

Transfers out:
Seko Fofana to Udinese
Florian Lejeune to Eibar

Loans:
Jack Byrne to Blackburn
Anthony Caceres to Melbourne City
Luke Brattan to Melbourne City
Aaron Mooy to Huddersfield
Ashley Smith-Brown to NAC Breda
Thomas Agyepong to NAC Breda
Rubén Sobrino to Alavés
Enes Unal to FC Twente
Brandon Barker to NAC Breda
Marlos Moreno to Deportivo La Coruna
Manu Garcia to Deportivo Alavés
David Faupala to NAC Breda
Bersant Celina to FC Twente
Zinchenko to PSV
Yeboah to FC Twente
Zuculini to Rayo Vallecano
Bytqi to Go Ahead Eagles
Ernest Agiyiri to Valaregna
Shay Facey to Heerenveen
Kean Bryan to Bury
Jason Denayer to Sunderland
Joe Hart to Torino on a season long loan
Wilfried Bony to Stoke City on a season long loan
Samir Nasri has completed a season long loan move to Sevilla
Eliaquim Mangala moves to Valencia on a season long loan

September 1, 2008: On this day eight years ago, the Abu Dhabi United Group took over the reins at Manchester City.

Well remember the media comments that it wouldn't change anything, it would still be Typical City. How wrong were they!

I'll be toasting the sheikh tonight (no that's not a euphemism for...).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

September 1, 2008: On this day eight years ago, the Abu Dhabi United Group took over the reins at Manchester City.

Well remember the media comments that it wouldn't change anything, it would still be Typical City. How wrong were they!

I'll be toasting the sheikh tonight (no that's not a euphemism for...).

Kissing ass is probably more welcome :whistling:

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Bit of a predicament for Pep tonight. By 11pm (i think) we have to have submitted out Champs League squad which can only include 17 johnny foreigners. Following last nights loans etc we currently have 18 left. If we'd have kept Joe it wouldn't be a problem but now it is. Looks to me like Toure will be the one to miss out. Who'd a thowt it

City's foreign players: Bravo, Caballero, Sagna, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Toure, Gundogan, Navas, Sane, Nolito, Aguero, Iheanacho

Kompany 

How many English players do you have? Stones Sterling ??

Just now, MrRed said:

Kompany 

How many English players do you have? Stones Sterling ??

Kompany is an option but he is hopefully back very soon and we need him in defence.

As for English players, not many but going off the Euro's why would we want many of them?

Kompany is finished....he will come back but injury will soon be on him again 

There used to be a rule that you could only have 5 foriegners in your team or similar, i remember we had to keep Schemichael and i think Cantona on the bench at Barcelona strange how nowadays you can have mostlt foriegners and little English players in the squad doesnt it!

A cunning plan against the future success of our International team of course plotted by UEFA.

As an aside i think it is fair to say both Gladys and Maureen have really done well in the transfer market and sorting out the dead wood in both squads,can only see Chelsea competing with us both this season and that is if Hazard stays hot which he wont.

I think if Vinny sees half a dozen games through without injury he'll be ok. Another injury and yeah, he's finished. Pity

If I remember rightly, UEFA wanted to keep the 5 foreigner rule but were ordered by some commission or other that it was illegal. I think that was about 20 years ago though.

Totally agree about the transfer market. Both signed and off loaded well. Gonna be a very interesting season this one. City and United both have 100% record this season, so one or both of us will lose that

Three games in and the collective Mancs think they have got it sewn up. Ha!

Since when was the Prem won on the basis of looking at the paper-worth of squads at the start of a season and the first handful of games? 

As always it will all boil down to injuries. Even Arsenal could be in the mix if we get a once in a blue moon (no X-ref intended) Leicester City-like ride with the currently fit and about to return players. 

7 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Even Arsenal could be in the mix if we get a once in a blue moon (no X-ref intended) Leicester City-like ride with the currently fit and about to return players. 

"Arsenal could be in the mix" nearly choked on my cornflakes when I read that,there is more chance of snow falling in Bankok.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: