Manchester City

mrbojangles

I haven't watched this yet (seen snippets of it, looks good, will wait until the family are out and I can enjoy it)...the clip lasts 33 minutes...'We Are City' movie about the fans of Manchester City and the highs and the lows which makes this club so special.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=570841

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I just watched the City movie. Made up from YouTube clips, it's very disjointed but there were several sections I loved particularly the tribute to Malcolm Allison.

"its very disjointed" just about sums up City and the folk that go to watch them BB :thumbsup:

must think in future what I post :(

You learn something new everyday...

Born two streets away from Maine Road, he was training with Manchester City from the age of eight and spent thirteen years making his way up through the academy.

Former Man City prospect Ahmad Benali is thriving in Serie A with Delfino Pescara 1936.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ahmad-benali-pescara-11840726

On 03/09/2016 at 0:30 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You learn something new everyday...

Born two streets away from Maine Road, he was training with Manchester City from the age of eight and spent thirteen years making his way up through the academy.

Former Man City prospect Ahmad Benali is thriving in Serie A with Delfino Pescara 1936.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ahmad-benali-pescara-11840726

what a crock of shiiteee

10 hours ago, petermik said:

was listening to oli kay about that on the times podcast this morning. "mansour basically bought manchester city because they're near an airport" was pretty damning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

was listening to oli kay about that on the times podcast this morning. "mansour basically bought manchester city because they're near an airport" was pretty damning. 

Or totally hilarious!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

As I have stated before on here,Sheik Mansour was alerted by one of his advisors ( clever chap he likes to diversify his money in the form of interesting investments,which is absolutely fine) that an English football club was available on the cheap,and hearing it was Manchester City (he believed initially it was a "feeder" club tied to United) he took the plunge and snapped them up as he didn,t want anyone else picking up what he thought was a bargain,of course as time went by and he realised that City were a club entirely separate from their world famous neighbours the proverbial shit hit the fan.

The last information of the whereabouts of his "advisor" was being stuck head first down in the desert somewhere for the camels to use as they would wish............:(

46 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Wow. You three have got the knives out for City today eh

Having followed Citeh for years BJ your back is broad enough :clap2:

peace and quiet from me next week down in the rubber garden for a while :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, StevieH said:

not really mate. just thought it was surprising to hear a broadsheet journo being quite so frank about the mansour thing.

I'll have a read after work tonight but from the soundbites I've heard, it sounds like a load of tosh TBH stevie

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Ha ha. The old forum software issue excuse eh :D

Apparently i am now not allowed to post on the Liverpool or Arsenal thread.  When will it be sorted out!!!!!  Must be doing your head in too.

Mr.Bj...have a read of the Bluemoon Forum pages 'Times article on Abu Dhabi & City'. It has the Times article. Plenty of blue comments there including this comment:
"It seems to be a rehash of an article that he first wrote after we won the league in 2014 http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/matthewsyed/article4086989.ece Presumably he will write the same article again in another couple of years".

If the intention of buying City is to give the Sheikh a public face to the West in case of trouble, why doesn't the Sheikh have his face everywhere in connection to City so people really associate Sheikh = City, and why has the Sheikh avoided being seen at City (my wife has been more often).

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If the intention of buying City is to give the Sheikh a public face to the West in case of trouble, why doesn't the Sheikh have his face everywhere in connection to City so people really associate Sheikh = City, and why has the Sheikh avoided being seen at City (my wife has been more often).

Story is on one of his first visits he went to "spend a penny" and upon returning to his seat some ignorant lout tried ordering a kebab off him :thumbsup:

• Like 1