Manchester City

mrbojangles

"Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has told Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagnathey must prove their worth before being offered new deals, according to reports.All three are out of contract next summer, and The Sun claims there are no plans for talks about extensions."

I think that's fair enough. All 3 are getting on, particularly Zaba and Sagna. Prove your worth an extension over the course of this seaon.

Strangely no mention of Kolorov who seems to have found an admirer in Pep.

David Silva became the fifth all-time top scorer for Spain after scoring his 28th goal in 105 international caps for Spain. Fernando Hierro who has found the back of the net 29 times in 89 games.Silva could overtake Hierro and move into fourth place in the all time scorer charts with another two goals for the national team.

Surprised he's Spain's 5th top scorer with some of the decent players they've had, he isn't prolific though (43 in 261 games for City / 80 in 491all club games), and this season excepted he always looked more likely to pass than score himself.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Surprised he's Spain's 5th top scorer with some of the decent players they've had, he isn't prolific though (43 in 261 games for City / 80 in 491all club games), and this season excepted he always looked more likely to pass than score himself.

Yeah surprised at that myself.

Silva is unselfish. Me and my mates are always yelling at the telly for him to shoot when he nearly always passes to someone else, when he could have a go himself

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I hope that Rashford lad has got all of them goals out of his system before the weekend :D

As I posted a week or three ago Manchester born English lad coming up through the ranks and playing for the club he loves................you ever had any at City like this BJ?

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, petermik said:

As I posted a week or three ago Manchester born English lad coming up through the ranks and playing for the club he loves................you ever had any at City like this BJ?

Who really cares peter? It doesn't matter that you have 1 Manchester born lad coming through the ranks. 3 points is all that matters at the weekend. Are you gonna tell me next that Rooney, Zlatan, Pogba etcetera etcetera were all secret life long United fans as well?

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I hope that Rashford lad has got all of them goals out of his system before the weekend :D

4 hours ago, petermik said:

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Who really cares peter? It doesn't matter that you have 1 Manchester born lad coming through the ranks. 3 points is all that matters at the weekend. Are you gonna tell me next that Rooney, Zlatan, Pogba etcetera etcetera were all secret life long United fans as well?

I,ll take that as a no then  :thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,ll take that as a no then  :thumbsup:

If you must know, you asked for it:-

Probably one of our best young talents, we have a young 18 year old Defender coming through called Tosin Adarabioyo who was born in Manchester (although MrRed won't recognise it as a Manchester name):D and he played in a couple of pre-season matches. He joined City at the age of 5 and has been there since. Also played several times for the England U16, U17, U18 and U19's

All of these are in the EDS, so they are beyond the academy which means they are showing a lot of promise.

18 year old goal keeper Daniel Grimshaw (proper northern name) born Manchester. Currently in the EDS

17 year old Defender Ash Kigbu born Manchester. Currently in the EDS

Billy O'Brian. Keeper and Captain of the EDS. Born in Bury but for some reason decided to play for Wales in the U19's

Ashley Smith Brown born Manchester currently on loan to NAC Bredao in Holland

Shay Facey (Manchester),

Callum Bullock (Stockport)

Ellis Plummer (Audenshaw)

Kean Bryan (Manchester)  On loan to Bury

Brandon Barker (Manchester) also on loan to NAC Breda

etc, etc

The list is quite long to be honest Peter and I got tired of typing. look the players up on our web site. It'll surprise you how many were born in Manchester, come through the academy and are now into the EDS

Be interesting to see if the grandson of Mike Doyle (Spanish) and Glyn Pardoe (Latvian, and cousin of Belgium's Alan Oakes) makes it with his pedigree.

Tommy Doyle (14), grandson of Mike Doyle and in City's academy, is the 'best midfielder of his age in England'. [Telegraph]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/21/manchester-citys-global-scouting-mission-pays-off-with-mind-blow/

See we also have Colin Rosler (son of...).

Such a shame we never have any Mancunian players at City ;-)

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

If you must know, you asked for it:-

Probably one of our best young talents, we have a young 18 year old Defender coming through called Tosin Adarabioyo who was born in Manchester (although MrRed won't recognise it as a Manchester name):D and he played in a couple of pre-season matches. He joined City at the age of 5 and has been there since. Also played several times for the England U16, U17, U18 and U19's

All of these are in the EDS, so they are beyond the academy which means they are showing a lot of promise.

18 year old goal keeper Daniel Grimshaw (proper northern name) born Manchester. Currently in the EDS

17 year old Defender Ash Kigbu born Manchester. Currently in the EDS

Billy O'Brian. Keeper and Captain of the EDS. Born in Bury but for some reason decided to play for Wales in the U19's

Ashley Smith Brown born Manchester currently on loan to NAC Bredao in Holland

Shay Facey (Manchester),

Callum Bullock (Stockport)

Ellis Plummer (Audenshaw)

Kean Bryan (Manchester)  On loan to Bury

Brandon Barker (Manchester) also on loan to NAC Breda

etc, etc

The list is quite long to be honest Peter and I got tired of typing. look the players up on our web site. It'll surprise you how many were born in Manchester, come through the academy and are now into the EDS

Sorry BJ I didn,t realise all those household names came from City,s academy ;)

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Sorry BJ I didn,t realise all those household names came from City,s academy ;)

And Rashford was an household name this time last year was he? In fact, if it weren't for LvG being forced to play him through your injuries at the time, I wonder if we would still have heard of him.

You asked me about any coming through the ranks. So they'll obviously NOT be household names yet will they. Oh my Buddha, I give up. :P

Man City keeper shows Rashford isn't only young England ace shining

The Manchester City goalkeeper is working his way up and impressed again in an England shirt.

Angus Gunn was not forgotten by England Under-21 head coach Gareth Southgate after another impressive outing.

The Manchester City goalkeeper, 20, started in the 6-1 thrashing of Norway and was required to be at his best to keep the scores level early in the game.

While Marcus Rashford took the headlines for his hat-trick on debut, Southgate was encouraged by what he saw from the young Blue.

“For a lad that has never started a league match, it was a big game for him,” he said. “We wanted him to get a few caps with us in Toulon and we were really pleased with him there. And those saves he made, at that moment in the game, were crucial. If they had scored first then the whole night is very, very different."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-gunn-praise-england-11853466

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That'd be a boring derby. I like them to be feisty. It's a pity "Aguero the Elbow" isn't playing but I'm sure Fellaini will throw his about :D

BJ

Too many "johnnie foreigners" nowadays for it to be "feisty" like in the Mike Doyle/Paddy Crerand days sadly,can you see Silva dumping Mata (or vice versa) into the advertising hoardings?

Just hope Mike Dean isn't reffing :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, petermik said:

BJ

Too many "johnnie foreigners" nowadays for it to be "feisty" like in the Mike Doyle/Paddy Crerand days sadly,can you see Silva dumping Mata (or vice versa) into the advertising hoardings?

Just hope Mike Dean isn't reffing :rolleyes:

Yeah, they seem to fall over when the wind changes direction nowadays.

The ref is Clattenberg I think I read the other day

Feisty...March 1974 Doyle and United's Lou Macari were sent off for fighting in a Manchester derby at Maine Road, but refused to leave the pitch. 

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-day-memories-lou-macari-1158709

Was at that one. Was also at the old Trafford one at the end of the season when United got relegated to the 2nd division.

Those were the days!

Another interesting read...

http://us.cnn.com/2016/09/08/football/manchester-transforming-city-and-the-city-sheikh-mansour-abu-dhabi-gundogan-iheanacho/index.html

Refers to:

Robin van Persie, Phil Neville, Andrew Cole and Darren Fletcher have opted to send their sons to the Etihad Campus instead of the Trafford Training Centre in recent years.

75% of the players in City's Football Academy itself are drawn from the Greater Manchester area.