Manchester City

mrbojangles

On 3 September 2016 at 5:04 PM, alfieconn said:

Leave it out Bob, they have played Sunderland and West Ham Home and Stoke away, Mickey Mouse Rovers would have had a good start against them 3 :cheesy:

6 from 6 and not out of 3rd gear, obviously I read the game better than you. ?

I thought the ref did well to spot this; initially I thought KdB dived (would have been out of character) but clear pen on the replay yet there are some doubters in the press.

Ref Watch 
Dermot Gallagher
INCIDENT No 6: Van der Hoorn booked for flailing elbow
SCENARIO: Mike van der Hoorn gave away a penalty but was only booked after catching Kevin de Bruyne with a stray elbow inside the box as the Swansea defender stepped across the City man.
DERMOT'S VERDICT: Reckless rather than violent - correct decision
DERMOT SAYS:  The referee deemed this reckless rather than violent. The amazing thing is, I thought this was a penalty straight away but I've spoken to loads of people over the weekend who say 'it's not a foul', and that was the biggest shock to me really. I think it's definitely a foul and I think it's a yellow card.Why only a yellow? Because I think it's reckless (rather than violent). I think he hasn't gone to bang him out. I think it's a reckless challenge, it's not a violent challenge and I think the referee's got it right.I think it's a yellow card. If that happened on the halfway line you're still not going to get sent off.

Haven't seen the game yet but hopefully last night will make Pep realise what we all know; that the defence needs fixing, and new boy Kolorov is not a CB and not as good as Pep thinks. Get Stones in from the off. This has to be the last season for at least 2 from our 4 fullbacks.

Hope I can find it on YouTube to watch tonight.

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Apparently Kolarov looked pretty handy!!   

Think the jocks have just done what we are kind of hoping to do next weekend,  but not concede of course!!!  

If they defend like that it should be a cracker!

Finally finished watching the celtic game (over 3 nights. ..bloody wifi outages here). Cracking game. Celtic were excellent for 70 minutes and swarmed us. We weren't great so did well to come back 3 times and then boss the last 20. Rarely heard Agueros name. KdB definitely missed. Kolorov had a bad un as did most the defence. Noticed the tactic of bringing Fernando on at 70 seems to improve our performance and control. Celtics crowd were magnificent. Really enjoyable game.

Pep "If a team had three Fernandinhos, they would be champions. We only have one and he is very important to us.”.

Can't agree more. Over the 3 seasons since joining he's got better and better and now is one of our key players. Have to admit when he joined I was underwhelmed but every game going a long way back he impresses me. He's a never less than 7/10 player every game and usually 8s. Reckon he could play any position well for us. 31 last May he should be decent for another 3 seasons.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Finally finished watching the celtic game (over 3 nights. ..bloody wifi outages here). Cracking game. Celtic were excellent for 70 minutes and swarmed us. We weren't great so did well to come back 3 times and then boss the last 20. Rarely heard Agueros name. KdB definitely missed. Kolorov had a bad un as did most the defence. Noticed the tactic of bringing Fernando on at 70 seems to improve our performance and control. Celtics crowd were magnificent. Really enjoyable game.

Celtic got beaten 7-0 by Barcelona.

Manchester City: Bravo, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Navas, Aguero.Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, Gundogan, Sane, Iheanacho, A. Garcia.

A more cautious team than we've seen before from Pep with Fernando in and Navas in for workrate. Interesting that he's stuck with Zaba who played Wednesday.