Manchester City

mrbojangles

40 minutes in and Spurs are blowing City away.If anyone can pick who will win the title this year they are having a lend of themselves.

The Pep myth is looking a bit suss and Joe Hart is wondering what did I do wrong? Bravo by name bravo by thinking he is an outfield player.

11 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

40 minutes in and Spurs are blowing City away.If anyone can pick who will win the title this year they are having a lend of themselves.

The Pep myth is looking a bit suss and Joe Hart is wondering what did I do wrong? Bravo by name bravo by thinking he is an outfield player.

I don't think you can blame the goalkeeper for two bits of calamitous defending.

Whipped by a much better side today. Constantly closed down and the same defensive frailties as last season exposed by Spurs. Confirms my concern from last season that City lack defensive pace. We were eaten up on the flanks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chicog said:

I don't think you can blame the goalkeeper for two bits of calamitous defending.

I am not blaming him for goals but this method of having to distribute the ball by playing it out to the full backs puts extra pressure on them as they have no room to move they are locked in their respective corners and most times have to play play a long ball down the flanks to claer .Well the keeper might just as well,on occasions, do that himself.You can se the fb's are not comfortable with this and the opposition know its going to happen so they press further up the field.Far too predicatable sticking to the Pep script. Expect to see more teams playing the Spurs style of pressing goalie to defenders in the future.

For me, the big question is: Can the high pressing game be sustained for a whole season? Spurs and Liverpool both play this way and both look top notch now, the emphasis being on now. Squad rotation can keep freshness in the legs and Spurs are doing this (more by accident than design); it's more like policy at Liverpool and no European games to worry about. I think for City the first 6 games were as good as it's going to get. Not enough physicality in the team.

I'm liking Bravo playing out from the back. Firstly it's all about learning as a unit when to play it around to try and move forward in to space or when to lump it forward if there's nothing on or too much pressure. Secondly City are a small team (apart from Stones), not physical, so there's little point lumping it forward as it will just come back.

City have 18 points from their first seven games this season. Last year they had 15 and were a point behind Manchester United. Eventual champions Leicester had 12.

City have only lost six league games in 2016: Spurs have beaten them home and away, while Leicester, Liverpool, United and Southampton also inflicted defeat on Manuel Pellegrini's side.Missing from the Blues XI for each of those game? Kevin De Bruyne.

Been very impressed with John Stones. He's hit the ground running and looks like he has it all. Great buy.

Not been impressed with City's defence which is basically Bobby Manc's fullbacks plus crockrd Kompany with Pellegrini's Otamendi and Sagna signings. City's weakness is finding a centre back partner for Stones (if Kompany could shake his problems what a centre back partnership that could be) and our aging backs (31-year-old Pablo Zabaleta, Kolarov at 30, Bacary Sagna, 33, and 31-year-old Gael Clichy). Will take a while (couple of transfer periods plus hopefully one or two kids might break through) for Pep to sort out that defence, so in typical City style of recent seasons we'll be relying on the attack to make up for the defence.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ratings-sterling-toure-11997505

City fans have given their verdicts on each player's display so far this season...I didn't bother to copy and paste the players below Nolito, as in my opinion they alll need to do better:

Full results:

De Bruyne - 9.2
Sterling - 8.8
Aguero - 8.4
Silva - 8.1
Stones - 8.1
Fernandinho - 8.0
Iheanacho - 7.7
Nolito - 7.4

Talking of City kids breaking through.

Man City striker Kelechi Iheanacho scores cracker for Nigeria in World Cup qualifier - VIDEO

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kelechi-iheanacho-nigeria-goal-zambia-12000116

Four in six games for Nigeria. 17 goals in 42 appearances for City.

Man City Quiz

1--Manchester City were originally founded by employees of which local institution?

Church

Police Station

Worker's union

School

2--Who wrote City's theme tune, Blue Moon?

Cole Porter

Irving Berlin

George Gershwin

Richard Rogers

3--Of these members of the City squad, who has won the most league titles?

Yaya Touré

Mario Balotelli

Carlos Tevez

Roque Santa Cruz

4--Who won the club's player of the year award between 2005 to 2008?

Stephen Ireland

Richard Dunne

David James

Shaun Wright-Phillips

5--Who is the club's record goalscorer?

Eric Brook

Joe Hayes

Tommy Johnson

Colin Bell

6--Which car manufacturer was the club's shirt sponser from 1982 to 1984?

Mazda

Audi

Saab

Opel

7--Where did they play before they moved to Maine Road in 1923?

Hyde Road

Regents Road

St James Road

Richmond Road

8--Which of these Man City players has never captained England?

Gareth Barry

Colin Bell

David Watson

Joe Corrigan

9--Who is the only non-European to have been inducted into the City Hall of Fame?

Paulo Wanchope

Georgi Kinkladze

Claudio Reyna

Shaun Goater

10--What number was retired in honour of Marc-Vivien Foé?

Edited by Wilsonandson