Manchester City

mrbojangles

Manchester City have announced a second consecutive bottom line profit of £20.5 million for the 2015-16 season, an 11% overall increase on the previous season. The Club generated £391.8 million in revenues last season, boasting growth in all three revenue categories.– Matchday revenue increased by 21% to £52.5 million.– Broadcasting revenue increased by 10% to £161.4 million.– Commercial revenue grew 3% to £177.9 million.Average attendance increased by more than 8,000 to 54,041 following the expansion of the Etihad Stadium, leading to the huge 21% increase in matchday revenues.Manchester City continues to operate with zero debt and net assets of £677m, with a healthy wage/revenue ratio of 50% in 2015-16.Chairman Khaldoon says the 2015-16 season marked the end of an important phase and the beginning of the next exciting chapter, stating, “I believe the 2016-17 season represents the beginning of a critical new phase in the evolution of Manchester City.”CEO Ferran Soriano revealed that new investors China Media Capital (CMC) injected US$400 million into the City Football Group, which is now valued at an incredible US$3 billion.

Not bad for liddle old City.

It will help if we can keep 11 on the pitch having had Demichelis, Zabaleta and Clichy red carded vs Barca in past meetings. And if we can also cut out the shambolic defending. When we have possession it will be interesting. Let's hope Pep doesn't bottle it like he did vs Spurs and wrongly bring in Fernando. Once again due to work commitments I'll have to find and watch it on YouTube. I hate not seeing live and the suspense while the webpage loads to find out is it going to be a happy day or a miserable day.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It will help if we can keep 11 on the pitch having had Demichelis, Zabaleta and Clichy red carded vs Barca in past meetings. And if we can also cut out the shambolic defending. When we have possession it will be interesting. Let's hope Pep doesn't bottle it like he did vs Spurs and wrongly bring in Fernando. Once again due to work commitments I'll have to find and watch it on YouTube. I hate not seeing live and the suspense while the webpage loads to find out is it going to be a happy day or a miserable day.

Get a sub to Flawless IPTV and install it on your Android phone man.

25 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

A few good performances out there today actually Chicog....Otamendi and Sterling did well....KDB out of position was OK too....but the Barca players just have that extra half yard in a lot of areas.

And not just the extra half yard but much more clinical.

In hindsight maybe not Pep's best idea to run with Barca. Could have slowed the pace of the game and let Silva, KDB, Sterling and Aguero work.

Would have been nice to get that nailed on handball as well.

^I don't think so. The expectations are that he turns our underperforming aging team of the past 2 seasons in to a performing younger and better team. I don't think expectactions are that Pep will turn City in to the best team in europe, in England again probably, but in europe he will be expected to get City in to a top 8 team who 'might' get to the final. Last night, Pep could not 'manage' players slipping in the box at the vital moment or giving the ball away needlessly and getting stupidly sent off, only the players can do that.

I thought we were going tot to toe with Barca last night, particularly in the first half and the result is a bit flattering for them. Fernandinho slipping was a gift to Messi. We never got the handball given and then Bravo getting sent off just threw all the hard work away. I'm not too disheartened.

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Should be a cracker tonight and not like the Monday one. Both teams will go for it I reckon.

Maybe a "mondays one" wouldn,t have resulted in such a drubbing.......:shock1:

better luck next time..................maybe?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I thought we were going tot to toe with Barca last night, particularly in the first half and the result is a bit flattering for them. Fernandinho slipping was a gift to Messi. We never got the handball given and then Bravo getting sent off just threw all the hard work away. I'm not too disheartened.

You made four mistakes and ended up 3-0 down with ten men.

A brutal lesson in concentration last night.