Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think Pep has a cob on with Sergio cos he got took off injured in the first game for Argentina in the international break. And then even with the injury worry, he insisted on playing the second game.

Think he's questioned his workrate.  Cant be his goal scoring...although i wouldn't let him near a spot kick again.

Seems very strange to sit out a guy that is a clear and present danger to any opposition.

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Think he's questioned his workrate.  Cant be his goal scoring...although i wouldn't let him near a spot kick again.

Seems very strange to sit out a guy that is a clear and present danger to any opposition.

Maybe he's just trying to motivate him.

^"To be fair i wasn't drawing a comparison to Spurs.  I was merely reminding BB of the difference 500m quid makes."

Of course you weren't drawing a comparison but a nice one pick up by mrbj.;-)

Carmine you don't have to remind me that being richer and spending it on the team gives an advantage on those who ain't/don't. In fact I had quite a long argument on here with a non-City fan that for decades it's been like that. Wealthier teams did better. Sunderland..Arsenal. .United..Chelsea..City to name a few going back a century have all done better than those with less resources. I always think it more than a coincidence that ManU couldn't win the title from 1966/67 until 1992/93 the year Premier commenced and there was more money available for the Premier teams (the reason the "Big 5" initiated the break away from the Football League...https://www.theguardian.com/football/from-the-archive-blog/2012/feb/02/20-years-premier-league-football-1992).

7 hours ago, carmine said:

I think workrate is the issue. 

My only concern about Pep is that his idealogical purity about football might be a bit over the top. Plus he's explaining his thinking too much to the press. <deleted> the press.

On 10/22/2016 at 0:48 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Nobody can disagree with "best sides in the world when he took over Barca. And Bayern Munich are to Germany what Celtic are to Scotland", but are you seriously suggesting that he is not a decent manager? THE most coveted manager in the world is a duffer, yeah right Chicog.

I see no reason that he can't go on a win trophies for City as Bobby Manc and This Charming Man did before him.

My thoughts on Guardiola are well known to many on here.  He's a very good manager, his teams play attractive football.

In certain respects he was a failure at Bayern because he failed to deliver the european cup.  The other domestic silverware simply comes with the territory.  The Bayern team built and gifted him by Jump Hynckes regressed under Pep.

As for Barcelona and a team that was nurtured by the late Tito Vilanova was and is possibly the greatest side ever assembled and as a manager if you can't win gifted with those players then theres something very wrong.  Apart from the Milan defense (Tassotti, Baresi,Costacourta Maldini) Barca is the most complete side i've ever seen.  Players like Xavi Iniesta and Messi nurtured by Vilanova.  Yes, Pep played his part but, under scrutiny the career path up til his arrival at City doesn't quite have the same sparkle.

i don't think anyones saying he's a duffer at all. Its just when you look closer at the bigger picture it leaves you thinking that the guy who's won 21 pieces of silverware as he likes to remind still has an awful lot to prove.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

The Bayern team built and gifted him by Jump Hynckes regressed under Pep.

<snip>

Its just when you look closer at the bigger picture it leaves you thinking that the guy who's won 21 pieces of silverware as he likes to remind still has an awful lot to prove.

Precisely.

Probably why he doesn't stay in one place long enough to outlive his welcome.

:thumbsup:

Jesus, i see what you mean now. Why do top clubs want such a duffer who still has a lot to prove. I wish you guys would of tipped off City before we got stuck with him. I'll be sending a letter this instant to the Sheikh to recommend he should join this forum and learn from you guys before he takes such big decisions in future. Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jesus, i see what you mean now. Why do top clubs want such a duffer who still has a lot to prove. I wish you guys would of tipped off City before we got stuck with him. I'll be sending a letter this instant to the Sheikh to recommend he should join this forum and learn from you guys before he takes such big decisions in future. Thanks guys.

I wouldn't worry. If he doesn't win the CL or the league in his first season, he'll be on his way to Italy or France anyway, with a bit fat cheque in his pocket.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Read the post again.  He's very good, plain and simple, no ones disagreeing with that.  But its rather like driving a Red Bull F1 car to four world titles....the car could have driven itself.

Why is this opinion so hard to understand or at the least, acknowledge?

^If he doesn't win the CL or the league in his first season, he'll be on his way to Italy or France anyway, with a bit fat cheque in his pocket."

He isn't expected to win CL in his first season and there's not a City fan who thinks we'll win it. He may win the Premier and he'll be expected to win it this or next seaon. Can't see our owner/management moving him on unless he does a Bobby Manc or is the centre of a controversy. Don't think you know too much about my club, do you.

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't think you know too much about my club, do you.

It's not your club, it belongs to a wealthy Emirati, and was bought with money he's embezzled from the national coffers.

Didn't you know?

Sheesh.

Edited by Chicog

On October 22, 2016 at 7:54 AM, alfieconn said:

Still  hadn't played anyone decent in that six Bobby boy which certainly changed when they did, anyway you keep reading the game as good as you do :passifier:

Yes, actually appreciate you doing us a favour in the title race with that win and when you say decent do you mean like WBA or perhaps Bournemouth  :tongue:

Edited by BangrakBob

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Tempted to go back to my hotelroom and skip the 2nd half we're that dire.

Just like the fans in Manchester have, there is more atmosphere at a soccer aid match than this, empty seats everywhere and groups of kids given free tickets to fill behind the goal, their is one group in red all together

As for the football boos at halftime, all I can say thank fluck I was born a red.