Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well that's an 'interesting' team, and young Foden on the bench. Maffeo and Sane wingbacks, Zaba central midfield. Tosin middle of a back 3.

(3-5-2):
Caballero;
Sagna, Adarabioyo, Clichy; Maffeo (Navas 62), Sane, Gundogan, Fernando, Zabaleta; Nolito, Iheanacho.

Subs not used: Gunn, Aguero, Stones, Otamendi, Angelino Tasende, Foden.

20 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Unlike some, unfortunately i didn't have a choice to pick a team that were 10,000 miles away :biggrin:

Not quite that far ,was born In Bedford Hospital ,Bedfordshire.

Anyway I see the FA have agreed that Fabregas will face no further action for that crushing blow he struck Fernadinho with.Actually even for a love tap he should have been punished as should have that Chelsea player who pushed someone over.If he had done that during open play he would have been red carded.

Just now, Sparkles said:

Not quite that far ,was born In Bedford Hospital ,Bedfordshire.

Anyway I see the FA have agreed that Fabregas will face no further action for that crushing blow he struck Fernadinho with.Actually even for a love tap he should have been punished as should have that Chelsea player who pushed someone over.If he had done that during open play he would have been red carded.

Oh i understand now ! so Utd was your local team :laugh:

So let's clear things up :

1. You say it was a push and not a slap even though it was a slap ! (seems like you were playing down his action )

2. You say it was violent as being hit by a 5 yr old with a wet lettuce ( seems like you were playing down his action)

3. Then you say, even for a love tap he should have been punished, therefore i can't see why you were defending him in statements 1 & 2 :1zgarz5: :biggrin:

Fabregas gets away without any further action. What annoys me is Fernandinho was trying to split it all up. He was pulling Fabregas away and then Fabregas slapped him (the strength of which is irrelevant ) as he let go and was about walk away. Fernandinho deserves the red and ban for reacting but Fabregas has got away with inciting him. It's the inconstancy of the "3 elite ex ref" panel that really gets to me.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Fabregas gets away without any further action. What annoys me is Fernandinho was trying to split it all up. He was pulling Fabregas away and then Fabregas slapped him (the strength of which is irrelevant ) as he let go and was about walk away. Fernandinho deserves the red and ban for reacting but Fabregas has got away with inciting him. It's the inconstancy of the "3 elite ex ref" panel that really gets to me.

Your just lucky that Sparks ain't on the panel cos he can't even see a push from a slap :laugh:

Does anyone think the ref was trying to demonstrate he had no bias towards City? His local connections have been cited before when Utd played at Anfield. I'm not saying it's deliberate on Anthony Taylor's part - it may be a subconscious thing.

Nice to see our youngsters getting a run out again...nice to see them coming through after all the stick from those Spurs fans ;-)
Maffeo is coming along. Tosin Adarabioyo became City’s youngest player to start a UCL game. Angelino on the bench. Roberts getting rave reviews (made a right mess of clichy for his goal) and Nacho Nacho man hitting a beauty.

And though I've only seen the highlights, reading Zaba reinvented himself as a box to box midfielder last night (though he used to be a wide midfielder in his early days). Will he be filling in for Dinho?

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nice to see our youngsters getting a run out again...nice to see them coming through after all the stick from those Spurs fans ;-)
Maffeo is coming along. Tosin Adarabioyo became City’s youngest player to start a UCL game. Angelino on the bench. Roberts getting rave reviews (made a right mess of clichy for his goal) and Nacho Nacho man hitting a beauty.

And though I've only seen the highlights, reading Zaba reinvented himself as a box to box midfielder last night (though he used to be a wide midfielder in his early days). Will he be filling in for Dinho?

What all two of them starting in a game where you have already qualified !!!! How much did you pay for Roberts by the way ?

Celtic charged over crowd disturbances at Man City in Champions League game

Uefa have charged Celtic in connection with crowd trouble during the 1-1 draw at Manchester City in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The visiting supporters are alleged to have set off fireworks and caused other crowd disturbances.

It is the 10th time in the past five years :shock1: the club have been charged by European football's governing body regarding their fans' behaviour.

Uefa's disciplinary body will examine the case on 23 February.

It is Celtic's second Uefa charge this season. :shock1: They were fined 10,000 euros (£8,535) after the Glasgow side's supporters displayed Palestinian flags during their Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva in August.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38240890

StevieH I'd read about there being no trains. Pathetic isn't it (whether it's Mcr to Lpool or t'other way). I used to go Finglands coaches to Liverpool or Everton games and there were always incidents. Been a few times by car again with incidents. So it's bad enough normally going to an away game in Liverpool (sure it's the same the other way) but to make it even more difficult for visiting fans is very poor.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Strange game. City all possession but struggling. Leicester no possession but scored with almost every chance. Slow old fullbacks at CB, goalkeeper who doesn't save much...sort it Pep. We'll be 7 points behind tomorrow. It's a struggle.

High percentage possession is massively overrated.  Last season Leicester were more than happy to cede possession and went on the win the league.

Hart made mistakes but is fundamentally a good keeper.  Guardiola's replacement looks something between awful and totally unreliable.  I doubt he's doing much for the confidence of your back four either.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, mrbojangles said:

Everyone is playing Leicester differently this year, hopefully we will too and not push too high for them to counter. Yaya can fill that one and control the midfield

Well it looks like we didn't learn the lessons that other teams have. We played Leicester in exactly the same way as we did last year with a similar outcome.

58 minutes ago, carmine said:

Hart made mistakes but is fundamentally a good keeper.  Guardiola's replacement looks something between awful and totally unreliable.  I doubt he's doing much for the confidence of your back four either.

Our back 4 and Bravo are as bad as each other. It would be funny to watch the comedy of errors if I weren't a City fan

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Our back 4 and Bravo are as bad as each other. It would be funny to watch the comedy of errors if I weren't a City fan

After years of having an awful defense i still can't get over us having a good defense!!

But surely a good defense starts with a solid keeper that commands his area and Bravo is none of that.  Stones is still trying to play the ball out of his box rather than an immediate clearance to safety.  Don't understand why Pep hasn't nailed this too problems.  

Just now, carmine said:

But surely a good defense starts with a solid keeper that commands his area and Bravo is none of that.  Stones is still trying to play the ball out of his box rather than an immediate clearance to safety.  Don't understand why Pep hasn't nailed this too problems.  

Dead right Carms. However, I think Stones is the only positive thing about our defence situation at the moment. He'll be a real asset when he is surrounded by other good defenders and a good goalie. He is obviously being told to play out from the back but sometimes you just have to hoof it if there are no other options.

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Dead right Carms. However, I think Stones is the only positive thing about our defence situation at the moment. He'll be a real asset when he is surrounded by other good defenders and a good goalie. He is obviously being told to play out from the back but sometimes you just have to hoof it if there are no other options.

Very true.  And its no coincidence that the massive improvement to our defense began with the arrival of Toby Alderweirald who has improved all those around him

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Well it looks like we didn't learn the lessons that other teams have. We played Leicester in exactly the same way as we did last year with a similar outcome.

Albert Einstein Quote.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.