Manchester City

mrbojangles

32 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think the first goal was a mile off and if this game was earlier in the season the second goal wouldn't have counted either.

Not sure about a mile off Bobby, more like a knats cock but obviously the distance is immaterial :wacko:

• Like 1

I always liked Keith Hackett. An upstanding former ref:-

"Goals were right to stand, Wenger was wrong"

Arsene Wenger was wrong to complain over the two contentious City goals he felt were offside. The Arsenal manager was angry at the decisions to allow both Leroy Sane’s equaliser and Raheem Sterling’s winner after the 2-1 win over his team.

However Keith Hackett, the former head of Professional Games Match Officials, disagrees.

Hackett wrote in the Daily Telegraph: The assistant referee Adam Nunn was correct in both decisions and, in each case, they were outstanding pieces of lining.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I always liked Keith Hackett. An upstanding former ref:-

In general I like Wenger, but he was having one of his pity parties yesterday. Even took a shot at Cech it seems. I would guess he was more upset with his players lack of gumption in the second half than anything else.

I also saw something recently indicating that City were interested in adding Chamberlain in the future. I do hope this was the usual newspaper rubbish.

Just now, jellydog said:

In general I like Wenger, but he was having one of his pity parties yesterday. Even took a shot at Cech it seems. I would guess he was more upset with his players lack of gumption in the second half than anything else.

I also saw something recently indicating that City were interested in adding Chamberlain in the future. I do hope this was the usual newspaper rubbish.

No doubt Wenger is a good manager but he harps on and whinges too much for my liking. That second half was weird. Don't know if they intentionally sat deep or we pushed them deep.

Don't think we will be in for Chamberlain. Agents and newspapers usually start this tripe off

I always liked Graham Poll. An upstanding former ref:-

'Arsene Wenger, through his Arsenal spectacles, was understandably miffed at both Manchester City goals which referee Martin Atkinson will have not had a view of.' For the first only slow motion replays can try and show for sure that Leroy Sane is marginally offside as the ball is played through to him. Given that the benefit of any doubt must, by law, be given to the attacker, I understand the goal being allowed to stand. 'The second is more subjective as David Silva is definitively in an offside position as Raheem Sterling shoots. For the officials his position did nothing to distract or affect Petr Cech in the Arsenal goal.'I'd agree with that view and so, not for first time, feel that Wenger needs to use his experience and knowledge to gain balance and perspective with his views on incidents.' 

^Spot on Bob. The linesman ain't as fast as Sane to react to Silva's clever ball over the top therefore he's slightly behind play and the line of vision to see the Arsenal player in relation to Sane and therefore could not accurately judge offside or not. We need faster linesmen (555) or video ref or ref/linesmen continue as-is to make blink of an eye decisions. This was definitely a decision that you can only make based on tv shots and even then tv pundits don't agree (though 3 ex-refs - see above - judge it not offside). Tough being an official!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Spot on Bob. The linesman ain't as fast as Sane to react to Silva's clever ball over the top therefore he's slightly behind play and the line of vision to see the Arsenal player in relation to Sane and therefore could not accurately judge offside or not. We need faster linesmen (555) or video ref or ref/linesmen continue as-is to make blink of an eye decisions. This was definitely a decision that you can only make based on tv shots and even then tv pundits don't agree (though 3 ex-refs - see above - judge it not offside). Tough being an official!

Don't make me laugh, it was about a foot off, if the linesman couldn't see that then what is the point of him being there.

How can 3 ex refs judge it not offside ? it's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact and they were once referees  :wacko:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Now tell us something we don't know !

Sorry alfie my comment was directed at other less intelligent individuals,not everyone on TVF possesses the same knowledge as yourself....:wai:

Guessing not googling PASS Tommy Booth Mike Summerbee Joe Corrigan?
On the pass was he a goalkeeper........Alex Williams?

The last 3 are correct Tommy Booth Mike Summerbee Joe Corrigan but not sure myself on the first one. Sun Ji Hi was recently appointed ambassador or something. Could be him [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

^Close but it's Alex Williams MBE. City goalkeeper in the 80s and hss run City's community services for 26 years. Great club servant and Moss Side lad.

Buzzer used to live in Bredbury; used to try oggling his wife on the way to school.

Tommy Booth is looking decent isn't. My older brother got to know him on a spanish trip in recent seasons and was eulogising about him.

Sun Jihai aka Jihai Sun is the bruiser on the right.