Manchester City

mrbojangles

On 4/17/2017 at 6:37 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Telegraph saying Kompany is the new Ledley King. Fair point.

Ledley couldn't even train for his last few years.  So thats the same with Kompany i'm presuming,  otherwise theres no comparison.  His cartridge injury was permanent, not frequently recurring.

Ledley King was a phenomenal athlete who's sole training consisted of walking up and down a swimming pool.

Darren Anderton would be close to the mark, mind!!

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, despite your pedantics I think everybody can appreciate the ledley king/vinny kompany anology ;-)

Kompany is also a fantastic player playing in an otherwise unremarkable team.

I'm glad Tottenham have moved on from that. :post-4641-1156694572:

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

This made me laugh:
'Happy David Silva doesn't make the PFA Team of The Year Day'. Hard to believe it's been 12 months since the last one, same again next year?

Whats hard to believe?  Despite his world class status the team is selected from the seasons best performers.  Who would you take out to replace him with?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, despite your pedantics I think everybody can appreciate the ledley king/vinny kompany anology ;-)

On the contrary,  i'd like to think theres no comparison at all.

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"Who would you take out to replace him with?"
Alli

Clearly stats and performance are being overlooked by your apparent man love for Dave Silva.  You just sound so ridiculous!!   

Why not throw in ten more City players?   

• Like 1

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City bosses that improving the Etihad atmosphere must be treated as a priority.

Sportsmail understands Guardiola outlined his thoughts about home matches to chief executive Ferran Soriano.

City are holding workshops with staff and supporters in a bid to improve the 'matchday experience' for fans — but club sources stress those pre-date the Catalan's arrival.

Guardiola has been agitated by fans who leave the stadium early and admitted this week that he is missing the 'pressure' of managing in Spain and Germany.

He is increasingly troubled by fans turning their back on games before the final whistle. City have been attempting to find solutions and recent dialogue with season-ticket holders led to Guardiola agreeing to kick towards the South Stand's singing section in the second half against Hull City earlier this month.

Couldn't make this up, just goes to prove that their true fan base is only about 30,000 :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, carmine said:

Clearly stats and performance are being overlooked by your apparent man love for Dave Silva.  You just sound so ridiculous!!   

I'll add to this that if Coutinho didn't make it, and was very unlucky imho how the <deleted> is Silva going to!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

What stats are you referring to Carms?

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What stats are you referring to Carms?

Dele's stats opposed to Silva's.  Goals,  scored from the midfield.  He's had a much greater impact on the season than Silva.  I'm not arguing whether he was wrongly left out in the past but this season Dele's inclusion was a no brainer.

If want a totally ridiculous exclusion its Alderweirald.  Thats just absurd.

Edited by carmine

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Dele's stats opposed to Silva's.  

But as you pointed out in another thread, stats don't seem to count for toffee. Otherwise Courtois or Lloris would have been in goal and the defence would have been something like Steve Cooke, Ben Mee, Ashley Williams and Michael Keane.

Also, De Bruyne and Sanchez should have been in there.

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But as you pointed out in another thread, stats don't seem to count for toffee. Otherwise Courtois or Lloris would have been in goal and the defence would have been something like Steve Cooke, Ben Mee, Ashley Williams and Michael Keane.

Also, De Bruyne and Sanchez should have been in there.

Goals count!!  Especially 16 from midfield.  

The only glaring omission i see is as i said, Toby.  Just can't get my head round that.

53 minutes ago, carmine said:

Goals count!!  Especially 16 from midfield.  

The only glaring omission i see is as i said, Toby.  Just can't get my head round that.

I agree but Alli has been laying as a attacking midfielder for the majority of the season, whereas Silva has been central midfield. When Alli has played in Central Mid his stats drop to the same as Silva. 

So the question is. Would Alli play as a central midfield or attacking midfield in the PFA team?

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I agree but Alli has been laying as a attacking midfielder for the majority of the season, whereas Silva has been central midfield. When Alli has played in Central Mid his stats drop to the same as Silva. 

So the question is. Would Alli play as a central midfield or attacking midfield in the PFA team?

Isn't it simply chosen of the eleven players they feel best deserved to be selected rather than picking a perfectly balanced side?  Thats not really a question that can be answered within this context.  However he's not at his best in a central midfield role.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
MC (Midfielder Centre) 16      
AMC (Attacking Midfielder Centre) 12    

FWR (Forward Right) 4      
Sub (Substitute) 3  

AML (Attacking Midfielder Left) 2      
FWL (Forward Left) 1      
ML (Midfielder Left) 1      
DMC (Defensive Midfielder (C)) 1

Under 50% in central mid.

Edited by alfieconn

43 minutes ago, alfieconn said:
Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
MC (Midfielder Centre) 16      
AMC (Attacking Midfielder Centre) 12    

FWR (Forward Right) 4      
Sub (Substitute) 3  

AML (Attacking Midfielder Left) 2      
FWL (Forward Left) 1      
ML (Midfielder Left) 1      
DMC (Defensive Midfielder (C)) 1

Under 50% in central mid.

OK Alfie, he has spread around the midfield a bit but you get my point. Alli has played 27 games as attacking midfield, so a lot more in comparison to Silva. So he should get more goals but how many assists has he had?  Silva has had 7. How many passes has he made? Silva has made 1,817. How many through balls etc, etc. Silva is a play maker, a magician with the ball and a provider.

In my view. Silva is a better all round player than Alli but it's all subjective and we will all have our tinted's on.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

OK Alfie, he has spread around the midfield a bit but you get my point. Alli has played 27 games as attacking midfield, so a lot more in comparison to Silva. So he should get more goals but how many assists has he had?  Silva has had 7. How many passes has he made? Silva has made 1,817. How many through balls etc, etc. Silva is a play maker, a magician with the ball and a provider.

In my view. Silva is a better all round player than Alli but it's all subjective and we will all have our tinted's on.

He might well be a better all round player but he hasn't played as we'll this season which is the only point i'm trying to explain to Bredbury Red

• Like 1

What do you mean he hasn't played as well this season? As well as he normally plays or as well as Delli? Silva is having a great season.

You asked me a simple question which answered. My opinion is Silva is a better player than Delli. He's our most important player for the past 6 seasons. Without him we're half a team and lack nouce. He's a spanish international with over 100 caps (I think). His only 'flaw' is he doesn't score as much as he should. That's my opinion. Are you saying Delli is a better player than Silva?

1 hour ago, carmine said:

He might well be a better all round player but he hasn't played as we'll this season which is the only point i'm trying to explain to Bredbury Red

You could also add that this season Christian Eriksen would be ahead of Silva also,

and he is a closer comparison as a player than Dele would be.

Dele can play anywhere along the midfield and forward line.

Eriksen has had one of his best seasons at Tottenham: 11 Goals in all competitions (7 in EPL)

14 assists in all competitions (12 in EPL)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What do you mean he hasn't played as well this season? As well as he normally plays or as well as Delli? Silva is having a great season.

You asked me a simple question which answered. My opinion is Silva is a better player than Delli. He's our most important player for the past 6 seasons. Without him we're half a team and lack nouce. He's a spanish international with over 100 caps (I think). His only 'flaw' is he doesn't score as much as he should. That's my opinion. Are you saying Delli is a better player than Silva?

What i am saying and others too is that Dele's had a better season.  Thats it.  And thats the simple case.  What part of that don't you comprehend?