Manchester City

mrbojangles

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What do you mean he hasn't played as well this season? As well as he normally plays or as well as Delli? Silva is having a great season.

You asked me a simple question which answered. My opinion is Silva is a better player than Delli. He's our most important player for the past 6 seasons. Without him we're half a team and lack nouce. He's a spanish international with over 100 caps (I think). His only 'flaw' is he doesn't score as much as he should. That's my opinion. Are you saying Delli is a better player than Silva?

Silva didn't even make the alternative team of the year in Dreamteam FC.    Go figure everyone bar BB......its not rocket science!!

18 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City bosses that improving the Etihad atmosphere must be treated as a priority.

Sportsmail understands Guardiola outlined his thoughts about home matches to chief executive Ferran Soriano.

City are holding workshops with staff and supporters in a bid to improve the 'matchday experience' for fans — but club sources stress those pre-date the Catalan's arrival.

Guardiola has been agitated by fans who leave the stadium early and admitted this week that he is missing the 'pressure' of managing in Spain and Germany.

He is increasingly troubled by fans turning their back on games before the final whistle. City have been attempting to find solutions and recent dialogue with season-ticket holders led to Guardiola agreeing to kick towards the South Stand's singing section in the second half against Hull City earlier this month.

Couldn't make this up, just goes to prove that their true fan base is only about 30,000 :biggrin:

This confirms what i said about the 30,000,  small club who won the lottery !!!!!!

Manchester City have so far yet to sell their ticket allocation for the FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal at Wembley, the club confirmed to Sky Sports News HQ on Thursday.

City took up their full allocation of 33,000 seats for Sunday's match, but due to a number of factors they're yet to sell them all.

There you go BB, have to get your skates on though :cheesy:

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ok carmine I think I got it. You reckon dele had a better season than silva, ok that's your opinion, but you haven't stated when asked thst dele is a better player than silva so we can agree on that.

You don't read all my posts.  If you did you'd stop boring on about questions already answered.

I stated in a reply to MrB that i wasn't saying Dele is necessarily better "yet" than Silva.  Silva is an acknowledged world class player.  Dele's 21 and only in his second season but his rapid improvement is impressive.  He's going to be world class for sure and has a far better eye for goal but is not as proven in other areas of his game.  Thats just youth.

What is strange is this "thing" you have in your head about Silva and him not being rated.  Thats just rubbish.  Almost everyone else bar yourself simply seems to believe others played better.

Are you sure you've got it now?!!  Because frankly all your questions have been answered, some more than once so stop going on.

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

This confirms what i said about the 30,000,  small club who won the lottery !!!!!!

Man City fans should NOT get grief for failure to sell out FA Cup semi-final

But there is always a groundswell of mocking nonsense, usually from wealthy ex-footballers or cosseted journalists, few of whom have ever had to scrimp together the money to follow their team.

They come from a position of privileged ignorance, but those football fans who deride other football fans for not shelling out hard-earned money make themselves look silly.

We have all met them, supporters who moan persistently about the ridiculous price of tickets, the way kick-off times are shifted without thought for the match-goer, and about the death of atmosphere and fun – and then turn around and jeer at fans who cannot afford it, cannot make it, or who simply take a stand against being ripped off and ignored.

At the last count, City had less than 1,500 of their allocation left, with tickets priced between £30 and £60.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fans-wembley-tickets-12918164

Alfie, as it says, at last count there were less than 1,500 tickets left. Considering this is held in London with all the expense that goes with it, it's on a Sunday afternoon and is only a semi final makes it quite understandable and you are falling into the category of those in para 2 above.

10 hours ago, carmine said:

I stated in a reply to MrB that i wasn't saying Dele is necessarily better "yet" than Silva.  Silva is an acknowledged world class player.  Dele's 21 and only in his second season but his rapid improvement is impressive.  He's going to be world class for sure and has a far better eye for goal but is not as proven in other areas of his game.  Thats just youth.

"he,s going to be world class" well that will mean that Spurs will be selling him to a club that competes consistently for silverware :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, petermik said:

"he,s going to be world class" well that will mean that Spurs will be selling him to a club that competes consistently for silverware :thumbsup:

Was that really worth the effort? :smile:

I suppose you were in some way reminded of when Real Madrid informed United that Ronaldo had done his scholarship at OT and would be joining them.  As will De Gea soon enough.........seems you are no different matey

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

But there is always a groundswell of mocking nonsense, usually from wealthy ex-footballers or cosseted journalists, few of whom have ever had to scrimp together the money to follow their team.

They come from a position of privileged ignorance, but those football fans who deride other football fans for not shelling out hard-earned money make themselves look silly.

We have all met them, supporters who moan persistently about the ridiculous price of tickets, the way kick-off times are shifted without thought for the match-goer, and about the death of atmosphere and fun – and then turn around and jeer at fans who cannot afford it, cannot make it, or who simply take a stand against being ripped off and ignored.

At the last count, City had less than 1,500 of their allocation left, with tickets priced between £30 and £60.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fans-wembley-tickets-12918164

Alfie, as it says, at last count there were less than 1,500 tickets left. Considering this is held in London with all the expense that goes with it, it's on a Sunday afternoon and is only a semi final makes it quite understandable and you are falling into the category of those in para 2 above.

Are you going mrboj?

If not maybe you should sponsor a couple of local Moss Side kids to go to Wembley.

Tough times in East Manchester! :w00t:

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Why is a Sunday afternoon a deterrent for not going ? only a semi final !   so you have 40,000 who have bought a season ticket but can't afford to go down to London for a day, probably the same ones who the manager is complaining about leaving early,  anyway same old City thread making excuses and  like i said a 30,000 fan base is about right, just goes to show that you can buy a club but you can't buy true supporters :whistling::biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Are you going mrboj?

No not going Ronnie, I'm back in Saudi. Wouldn't go if I was in the UK. Wembley is for the final but the greedy FA don't care about the fans up North. It was better and fairer when they played it mid-way between the 2 sets of clubs i.e. Villa park

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Why is a Sunday afternoon a deterrent for not going ? only a semi final !   so you have 40,000 who have bought a season ticket but can't afford to go down to London for a day, probably the same ones who the manager is complaining about leaving early,  anyway same old City thread making excuses and  like i said a 30,000 fan base is about right, just goes to show that you can buy a club but you can't buy true supporters :whistling::biggrin:

Are you going today Alfie?

No not going Ronnie, I'm back in Saudi. Wouldn't go if I was in the UK. Wembley is for the final but the greedy FA don't care about the fans up North. It was better and fairer when they played it mid-way between the 2 sets of clubs i.e. Villa park

:violin:

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Couldn't get a ticket, all sold out unlike some clubs  :sad:

That's weird, cos with an average attendance of 31,617 this season, it must mean 3,383 people have more points to get a ticket than you have. You mustn't go very often. :shock1: Really don't think you are in a position to be slagging off fans who go regularly but either can't be bothered or afford a trip to the smoke.

1MeRf+6vUMxEREREREZlYgP8fY6hLkM97kfQAAAA

That's weird, cos with an average attendance of 31,617 this season, it must mean 3,383 people have more points to get a ticket than you have. You mustn't go very often. :shock1: Really don't think you are in a position to be slagging off fans who go regularly but either can't be bothered or afford a trip to the smoke.

1MeRf+6vUMxEREREREZlYgP8fY6hLkM97kfQAAAA

Of course i don't go very often, i live in Thailand    :cheesy::cheesy:

Can't be bothered !!!!  what sort of supporter can't be bothered to go to a semi-final ? 

Look if i could have got a ticket from somewhere i would have gone, you said " Wouldn't go if I was in the UK"  that about sums up  your supporters.

Edited by alfieconn

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Buy me a ticket then.

I will fly down in the morning.

Anything to save you from another roasting. :biggrin:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its on BT Sport 1 in the UK if that's any help.

Thought Kompany should have got a yellow too.

Thanks. Ilikehd came back to life - i'm watching BT sport 1 (it's on CH7 in Thailand). 

There's a few that could have been booked but ref being lenient.

Perfectly good City goal (scored twice...) chalked off...ball never went out from Sane's cross...!!!

All City...we're just waiting for the Arsenal breakaway and....

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

So we lost another game when we were on top and failed to put them away. Once we'd had a penalty shout turned down on Aguero (thought navas on sanchez was also a pen), a perfectly fair goal chalked off by linesman error, hit the post and hit the bar you couldn't help but fear that the force wasn't with us. Bravo...was it two chances two goals...!
Need to get some luck our way on Thursday otherwise it'll be a real black week.
Roll on next season!