Manchester City

mrbojangles

Oh Alfie!

Ref Watch -  Dermot Gallagher 

1. INCIDENT: David Silva scores but Raheem Sterling tries to play the ball when standing in an offside position

SCENARIO: Sterling attempts to play Silva's goal-bound shot but does not make contact. Leicester players appeal for offside against the England winger but referee Bobby Madley awards the goal.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision

DERMOT SAYS: The key issue is, has Sterling played the ball? I'm not convinced he has. I don't believe Kasper Schmeichel can ever get that ball. The other player he can impact is Fuchs and if you look at Fuchs, he doesn't move because the ball is past him. Sterling was not in front of Schmeichel, he didn't block his view. By trying to kick the ball Sterling did not prevent Schmeichel from saving it and I don't believe he prevented Fuchs from playing it. But it does show how difficult it is to be an assistant!

2. INCIDENT: Fernandinho's challenge on Marc Albrighton

SCENARIO: The Leicester midfielder was left with a black eye after a collision with Fernandinho's elbow. The referee deemed the incident accidental.

DERMOT SAYS: This is the most difficult thing. His arms are up but he didn't throw them. What you have to be careful of is when you see the injury it looks really nasty. You have to bear in mind that doesn't necessarily mean it was a nasty challenge. It was unfortunate I thought. Fernandinho would have been very unlucky to have been punished for that.

3. INCIDENT: Riyad Mahrez's penalty is disallowed

SCENARIO: The Leicester forward slips when taking his spot-kick and hits the ball twice before finding the net. The penalty is disallowed.

DERMOT SAYS: The law was brought in to stop people dribbling in. What you would say is the slip helps the ball cannon into the top corner, so that gains a massive advantage. It was very unfortunate but the law is correctly applied.

OK Alfredo, do you understand now?

Martin Demichelis has announced his retirement from professional football. The 36-year-old Argentina international confirmed at an emotional press conference on Monday morning that he is bringing an end to his 17-year career in the game.

Always liked Demi at City, must have been very decent in his pomp for Bayern. Decent record or what:

MARTIN DEMICHELIS' CAREER HONOURS 

River Plate

Argentine Premier Division: Clausura 2002, Clausura 2003

Bayern Munich

Bundesliga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08, 2009–10

German Cup: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08, 2009–10

German League Cup: 2004, 2007

German Super Cup: 2010 

Manchester City

Premier League: 2013–14

Football League Cup: 2013–14, 2015–16

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester City’s Turkish youngster Enes Ünal‏ has been named FC Twente’s Player of the Season. The 20-year-old scored 19 goals in all competitions this season. Still not eligible for a work permit in England.

Ahh the joys of Brexit! :biggrin:

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can we send Jesus home too?

City needs Jesus to perform a miracle next season . But it won't happen , maybe better to bring in Santa. 

santa-claus-cartoon-character-vector-eps

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Manchester City’s Turkish youngster Enes Ünal‏ has been named FC Twente’s Player of the Season. The 20-year-old scored 19 goals in all competitions this season. Still not eligible for a work permit in England.

Another sound bit of investing  ....buy a player that cant currently play for you and maybe  never will be able to  !!!!! ,,, You  really couldnt make it up if you tried..sori did it get called  investment, i think rank stupidity more apt.

49 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Another sound bit of investing  ....buy a player that cant currently play for you and maybe  never will be able to  !!!!! ,,, You  really couldnt make it up if you tried..sori did it get called  investment, i think rank stupidity more apt.

It is to stop anyone else getting him and not just in England. City have been doing it since the new owners took over, ditto Chelsea. It stinks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Oh Alfie!

Ref Watch -  Dermot Gallagher 

1. INCIDENT: David Silva scores but Raheem Sterling tries to play the ball when standing in an offside position

SCENARIO: Sterling attempts to play Silva's goal-bound shot but does not make contact. Leicester players appeal for offside against the England winger but referee Bobby Madley awards the goal.

DERMOT SAYS: The key issue is, has Sterling played the ball? I'm not convinced he has. I don't believe Kasper Schmeichel can ever get that ball. The other player he can impact is Fuchs and if you look at Fuchs, he doesn't move because the ball is past him. Sterling was not in front of Schmeichel, he didn't block his view. By trying to kick the ball Sterling did not prevent Schmeichel from saving it and I don't believe he prevented Fuchs from playing it. But it does show how difficult it is to be an assistant!

2. INCIDENT: Fernandinho's challenge on Marc Albrighton

SCENARIO: The Leicester midfielder was left with a black eye after a collision with Fernandinho's elbow. The referee deemed the incident accidental.

DERMOT SAYS: This is the most difficult thing. His arms are up but he didn't throw them. What you have to be careful of is when you see the injury it looks really nasty. You have to bear in mind that doesn't necessarily mean it was a nasty challenge. It was unfortunate I thought. Fernandinho would have been very unlucky to have been punished for that.

3. INCIDENT: Riyad Mahrez's penalty is disallowed

SCENARIO: The Leicester forward slips when taking his spot-kick and hits the ball twice before finding the net. The penalty is disallowed.

DERMOT SAYS: The law was brought in to stop people dribbling in. What you would say is the slip helps the ball cannon into the top corner, so that gains a massive advantage. It was v

OK Alfredo, do you understand now?

Look where the gk and the defender are when Mahrez strikes the ball Trigg !!!

Gk shouldn't be off his line and defender shouldn't be in the box !

^"Another sound bit of investing  ....buy a player that cant currently play for you and maybe  never will be able to"

Err, you buy youngsters with potential to use or to sell on at a profit; obvious I would have thought.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

48 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"Another sound bit of investing  ....buy a player that cant currently play for you and maybe  never will be able to"

Err, you buy youngsters with potential to use or to sell on at a profit; obvious I would have thought.

Truth is you and Chelski are abusing the loan system.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Truth is you and Chelski are abusing the loan system.

No we're not. We are ahering to the rules. Should the rules change like they did this year, we will adhere to them.

My goodness. Some fans on here cry over every little issue. Next you'll be crying about a pint and hotdog being more expensive in Larndon than in Manchester :smile:

1 hour ago, champers said:

Ronnie P didn't say you were breaking the rules; he said you are abusing the system and you are. 

No we're not, champers

I know what Ronnie said and I replied with "No we're not". I then expanded my answer on the rules.

How do you know what constitutes "abusing the system"? A system is in place and there are rules in that system that the governing body have installed, quite rigid ones actually. Now, if they want to change the rules and only let teams have a set amount of players out on loan, then sobeit, they can set the amount and everyone will have to comply. But it isn't yours, Ronnie's or my call to say whether any club is "abusing a system" as we aren't the governing bodies who set the rules.

Interview: Pablo Zabaleta on Oasis, missing Manchester’s rain and learning English from Corrie

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/interview-pablo-zabaleta-oasis-missing-manchesters-rain-and-learning-english-corrie

"Be yourself, but if you can be Pablo Zabaleta, then always be Pablo Zabaleta"

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So City and Chelsea are abusing the system are we? So what rule or regulation are we breaking exactly?

On the face off it not a lot but maybe they got a wifi predator or some other high end piece of kit aimed at the chief scouts of there rivals home office. You never know I mean If Rupert murdoch had the balls why on earth not a sheikh or Russian billionairre.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So City and Chelsea are abusing the system are we? So what rule or regulation are we breaking exactly?

None, but your interpretation is not in good faith or the better interests of the game.

• Like 1

Fair play to Sky sports I was watching last night had a 3 minute interview and then showed City's 7 minutes presentation to Zaba. City gave him gifts of:
His own first aid kit from the doctors for future cuts and black eyes
A framed City shirt with 333 (appearances)
A lifetime season ticket to watch City's games

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ohh… Pablo Zabaleta, he is the <deleted> man! He is an Argentinian, he’s harder than Jaap Stam! He plays in blue and white for Pellegrini’s men! And when we win the league, we’ll sing this song again!

Going to miss 'the honoury Manc'

Yeah, absolute true professional and warrior. Legend

And guess what. We paid 6.5m for him and after 9 years of service we ain't gonna get anything back. It's really gonna screw our net spend figures up that isn't it. Or is that exactly the purpose in buying players:smile:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, champers said:

Ronnie P didn't say you were breaking the rules; he said you are abusing the system and you are. Chelsea are the worst offenders; with over 30 players out on loan; but City are following in their footsteps. Add in the fact that both clubs hoover up the best youth players and never play them regularly in their first teams. This causes great damage to England's national side and the game in general. Shame on both your houses.

They dont give a flying about football champs they really arnt football fans, seems most are blinkered ignorant  prem league fans HUGE diference.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

And guess what. We paid 6.5m for him and after 9 years of service we ain't gonna get anything back. It's really gonna screw our net spend figures up that isn't it. Or is that exactly the purpose in buying players:smile:

Yes total respect. Need a few more like him in your squad!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Bit desperate is that MrB!!!