Manchester City

mrbojangles

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

If you think he's a box to box midfielder then i'm afraid you don't understand what that is.  

You've told me what he isn't. I've asked you to tell me what "What type of midfielder would you describe Fernandinho as?". You seem to hesitant to describe him in YOUR opinion. Waiting for Alfie to hold your hand?

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You've told me what he isn't. I've asked you to tell me what "What type of midfielder would you describe Fernandinho as?". You seem to hesitant to describe him in YOUR opinion. Waiting for Alfie to hold your hand?

No, i told you to answer "his" question.  I've merely corrected you incorrectly describing him as a box to box midfielder, so answer Alfie's question, or learn about the players midfield role rather than asking me to do it for you.

No skin off my nose lads...In fact, given the 'Bore's' penchant for always having to have the last word and never admitting he is wrong, many would think avoiding having to converse with him would be seen as a blessing:smile: 
Anyway, as to Fernandinho....Here is Transfermarkt 's carefully considered opinion. Won't help as Trigg won't read it.....allegedly, so please, no quotes:thumbsup: ........PS....Now wait till Keita arrives!....Now that is a box to box Midfielder!
Current club
Manchester City
Nationality
Brazil Brazil
Contract until
Edited by wilai

9 minutes ago, wilai said:
No skin off my nose lads...In fact, given the 'Bore's' penchant for always having to have the last word and never admitting he is wrong, many would think avoiding having to converse with him would be seen as a blessing:smile: 
Anyway, as to Fernandinho....Here is Transfermarkt 's carefully considered opinion. Won't help as Trigg won't read it.....allegedly, so please, no quotes:thumbsup: ........PS....Now wait till Keita arrives!....Now that is a box to box Midfielder!
Current club
Manchester City
Nationality
Brazil Brazil
Contract until

Yes he is predominantly defensive but a very capable central midfield.  He is not box to box despite making the occasional attacking run into the other box.  Then again so does Jan Vertonghen but that doesn't make him a box to box midfielder either.

Edited by carmine

15 minutes ago, wilai said:
Doh!!:cheesy:

Current club
Manchester City
Nationality
Brazil Brazil
Contract until

Carmine  or what is it Alfie - “predominantly defensive but a very capable central midfield.  He is not box to box despite making the occasional attacking run into the other box

You Spurs fans are clearly more knowledgeable on my team and my team’s players as you must watch more City games more than me (I rarely miss one so I have to assume you lot never miss one!). However with regards Fernandinho, he was bought by City as a box-to-box midfielder, he played as one until we sold our only defensive midfield player (Fernando) and consequently he is played in recent times as a defensive midfield player, but no way is he anything other than box-to-box midfielder and to even think he is an “predominately defensive” midfielder is complete nonsense as he is more attacking than defending. His main asset is the ability to get up and down the pitch nonstop, err, box-to-box.

<deleted> amazing! I suggest you stick to talk about what you might know something more about than me and that is Spurs!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernandinho_(footballer) - He is described as "a defensive midfielder with a BOX TO BOX STYLE OF PLAY, contributing in large part to the defense and the attack. 

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/all-about/fernandinho - “... is known as a BOX-TO-BOX MIDFIELDER….”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-fernandinho-tweets-1900279 - The Brazilian BOX-TO-BOX MAN has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Etihad after

https://www.footbie.com/video/fernandinho-box-to-box-talent

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/419kax/best_box_to_box_midfielder_in_the_bpl/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/why-man-city-lack-of-a-defensive-midfielder-might-cost-them-the-title - FERNANDINHO is, without a doubt, an exceptional player, but like Gundogan, he isn't a true holding midfielder. His involvement in attacks sometimes leaves the defence open and unprotected.

http://www.futhead.com/16/reviews/3409/ - ONE OF THE BEST BOX-TO-BOX MIDFIELDERS IN THE GAME - FERNANDINHO review by pauldogba - FERNANDINHO is honestly my favorite "true midfielder" in all of FUT this year, and though his card stats may not show it, his in-game stats really do make him on of the BEST BOX TO BOX players in this game, though honestly you could easily play him from holding midfielder all the way to center forward.

https://www.quora.com/What-exactly-is-a-box-to-box-player-in-football - Some famous BOX-TO-BOX MIDFIELDERS currently playing are Arturo Vidal, Paul Pogba, Ramires, Aaron Ramsey, Yaya Toure, FERNANDINHO, Jordan Henderson, Paulinho, Marouane Fellaini, Sami Khedira, etc.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/news/story/_/id/1861193/in-praise-box-box-midfielder - An interesting case study last season was Manchester City, which theoretically started the campaign with two BOX-TO-BOX MIDFIELDERS in Yaya Toure and FERNANDINHO. But while Toure has the all-round midfield qualities to play anywhere in midfield, it's rare to see him genuinely playing a box-to-box role. He storms forward from deep but often takes an eternity to get back into his defensive position. In the opening weeks of the season, this left FERNANDINHO exposed as the Brazilian attempted to PLAY HIS OWN BOX-TO-BOX GAME, WHICH HE HAD BECOME RENOWNED FOR at Shakhtar Donetsk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2018 at 12:40 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Mourinho vs Everton
Herrara, Pogba & Matic (2 defensive midfielders and a box to box midfielder).

Pep vs Watford
KdB, Fernandinho & Silva (2 creative midfielders and a box to box midfielder).

Says it all about their different footballing approaches.

Edited by alfieconn

On 1/5/2018 at 12:40 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Mourinho vs Everton
Herrara, Pogba & Matic (2 defensive midfielders and a box to box midfielder).

Pep vs Watford
KdB, Fernandinho & Silva (2 creative midfielders and a box to box midfielder).

Says it all about their different footballing approaches.

Anyone who is interested, go and look on the heatmap of Fernandinho's positioning throughout the game, very interesting ! 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190440/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Manchester-City-Watford

and to even think he is an “predominately defensive” midfielder is complete nonsense as he is more attacking than defending

Edited by alfieconn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Anyone who is interested, go and look on the heatmap of Fernandinho's positioning throughout the game, very interesting ! 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190440/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Manchester-City-Watford

and to even think he is an “predominately defensive” midfielder is complete nonsense as he is more attacking than defending

Box to box eh? I'm surprised he wasn't booked for parking!:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

@RonniePickering....the only poster who goes to the games in the UK regularly on the forum I think.

Some of the other poster have never even been to their team's ground.

Allegedly of course lol.

Name names Ronnie. Which posters "have never even been to their team's ground"?

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"what are your feelings regards the possibility of letting Sanchez go to United?   Can't see you need him personally."

I like Sanchez; he reminds me of Tevez in that he makes things happen.

We need another forward. Aguero and Jesus are not enough. Mancini used to have 4 (Tevez..Aguero. .Dzeko..Mario). Three would be enough.

I don't understand if we we were apparently willing to pay 60M in the summer, why we won't pay 20 or 25M now (through in Mangala if necessary).

If ManU get him he will be a big plus for them and negative for us.

One concern I have is I remember when we added the excellent Rodney Marsh to an excellent team fighting Liverpool for Division 1 and it didn't improve us but had the opposite effect; we came second to Liverpool when we thought we were going to win it prior to Rodders joining us. Sanchez could have the Rodney effect on us.

Ok now I understand City's reluctance

"That tally of £40m is around double what City are willing to pay for a 29-year-old who will become a free agent in the summer. A compromise fee of  between £25m and £30m may still be the most likely outcome but there remains a huge disparity at present, a situation that could open the door for United. City’s stance has been influenced to some extent by the news that Gabriel Jesus is likely to return to action in the next two to three weeks, according to Guardiola, which has alleviated some of the club’s need to sign another striker this month..."

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes he is predominantly defensive but a very capable central midfield.  He is not box to box despite making the occasional attacking run into the other box.  Then again so does Jan Vertonghen but that doesn't make him a box to box midfielder either.

You'll be telling me next Sane is rightfooted based on the one time he used it!

You won't be too surprised if I'm not too optimistic about tomorrow with our terrible Anfield record, but this team has surprised me many times this season, we've rid ourselves of the Old Trampford fear and Arsenal away hoodoo in recent seasons, so maybe, just maybe I'll see only my 3rd ever Anfield victory (I'll be happy with a draw):

"City simply do not win at Anfield. It seems to be one of the laws of football, set in stone that Pep Guardiola's team will not take maximum points from a trip to Liverpool...last City team to beat Liverpool on their own patch was managed by Kevin Keegan and featured an attack spearheaded by two of Anfield's alumni. Robbie Fowler had a more illustrious career there than Nicolas Anelka had done, but it was the Frenchman who netted twice late on to give the visitors a 2-1 win...to emphasise how woeful City's record there is, they have won just six of their 55 visits since the end of the Second World War (four of which came in 1956 or earlier) and the last City goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet at Liverpool is Perry Suckling in 1986...It's the only ground they've played regularly at in the top flight and never managed to win at in the Sheikh Mansour era...Our last 50 visits in all competitions have produced just TWO wins – a run stretching back to the mid-1950s. Of those 50 games, the Blues have lost 34 and drawn 14 times...the twelfth time Pep Guardiola has faced Jurgen Klopp and the German currently edges the head-to-heads.Klopp won five out of nine meetings during the pair’s Bundesliga days, but the Premier League battles are currently a dead heat with three matches producing a win, draw and loss..."

claims that Manchester City are getting serious about signing  26-year-old Nice midfielder Jean-Michaël Seri.The Ivorian is one of Ligue 1’s best midfielders and was a whisker away from joining Barcelona last summer before a deal collapsed...it is suggested that City could pay up to €40million (£35.5million).City are said to be ‘hesitant’ about one thing – whether to buy Seri in January or wait until the summer when the player’s compatriot Yaya Touré departs the Etihad Stadium.Shakhtar’s Brazilian internationalFred, 24, has also been linked with a move to the Etihad..