Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You won't be too surprised if I'm not too optimistic about tomorrow with our terrible Anfield record, but this team has surprised me many times this season, we've rid ourselves of the Old Trampford fear and Arsenal away hoodoo in recent seasons, so maybe, just maybe I'll see only my 3rd ever Anfield victory (I'll be happy with a draw):

I'd take a point now if it were offered

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You'll be telling me next Sane is rightfooted based on the one time he used it!

Nah, just that Fernandinho's a defensive midfielder.  And every time i see him play thats what i see.

Want to borrow some specs?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Unbelievable! Keep watching us my son. But I will concede that in a midfield with Silva and KDB, that Fernandinho currently does take the role of defensive midfielder and he's doing it pretty well.

So is Delph really a leftback cause you've seen him play their recently? ;-)

No.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Very good Carmine.

Is Zinchenko a leftback cause he's playing there currently?

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Very good Carmine.

Is Zinchenko a leftback cause he's playing there currently?

Fernandinho's a defensive midfielder regardless of how juvenile you wish to be and has been every time i've seen him play.  

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Let em have him at that price. I only want players who want to come to us and don't want us to get in a bidding war for a 29 year old out of contract in a few months

I'm all for that. I doubt Sanchez wants to go to United anyhow. If he comes to City, fine, if not that's OK as well.

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'm all for that. I doubt Sanchez wants to go to United anyhow. If he comes to City, fine, if not that's OK as well.

Sanchez has rather shot himself in the foot because its so obvious he wants to go to City.  And as you say,  unlikely he's want to play for Mourinho's United although that move has more to offer Arsenal if the rumors are true.

Fernandinho's a defensive midfielder. Classic!

Sorry to take the piss but this shows what can happen when a fan who doesn't follow a club thinks he knows more about that club than a fan of that club. Let's blame your misunderstanding of Fernandinho on Alfie shall we, who raised this (apparently) in the first instance.

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sanchez has rather shot himself in the foot because its so obvious he wants to go to City.  And as you say,  unlikely he's want to play for Mourinho's United although that move has more to offer Arsenal if the rumors are true.

If Arsenal favors the United offer, and why wouldn't they, the ball will be back in Sanchez's court. Hold out for a City move now, accept the United deal, or play out the season at Arsenal. More intrigue.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry to take the piss but this shows what can happen when a fan who doesn't follow a club thinks he knows more about that club than a fan of that club. Let's blame your misunderstanding of Fernandinho on Alfie shall we, who raised this (apparently) in the first instance.

We can cut to the chase by saying Fernandinho is a great DM and also very often instrumental in City's attacking build up. Especially against the many sides that park the bus.:coffee1:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Check out his Wiki page.  Hoe "classic" and "unbelievable" is that for you!!  All that hyperbole doesn't make you correct!

Being a fan of a club doesn't make you knowledgeable.  Biased and self opinionated quite possibly but knowledgeable, not necessarily.

Edited by carmine

7 minutes ago, jellydog said:

If Arsenal favors the United offer, and why wouldn't they, the ball will be back in Sanchez's court. Hold out for a City move now, accept the United deal, or play out the season at Arsenal. More intrigue.

If he's decided he wants to work with Pep then i would expect him to sit it out till the summer.  Ultimately Arsenal should have sold him in the summer and Wenger, being pig headed said no.  Now, he has a player who desperately wants to leave and the chosen club playing hard ball.

Just now, carmine said:

If he's decided he wants to work with Pep then i would expect him to sit it out till the summer.  Ultimately Arsenal should have sold him in the summer and Wenger, being pig headed said no.  Now, he has a player who desperately wants to leave and the chosen club playing hard ball.

That about sums it up.

Re: Yaya's replacement

MAIL & MEN -

City keeping "tabs on Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare...The 18-year-old only joined Lille from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer impressed with his energetic, box to box performances. They have discussed a £40million bid for Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred, who is also on Manchester United's wishlist, while Jean-Michael Seri of Nice has also been considered...City have 'made contact' with the agent of Nice midfielder Jean Seri..."

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Let em have him at that price. I only want players who want to come to us and don't want us to get in a bidding war for a 29 year old out of contract in a few months

Don't worry, while you keep signing players on hugh salaries they'll always want to come to you !

21 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Don't worry, while you keep signing players on hugh salaries they'll always want to come to you !

Do you not read Alfie? I was saying for us not to get into a bidding war and offer him more than United. We have hopefully set out our deal and if United offer him and Arsenal more, then let him choose but let's not keep upping the deal.

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Do you not read Alfie? I was saying for us not to get into a bidding war and offer him more than United. We have hopefully set out our deal and if United offer him and Arsenal more, then let him choose but let's not keep upping the deal.

Yes i can read cos i read you saying "I only want players who want to come to us"  which was the part i replied too !

Anyway while we are on the subject of players coming to you, do you think that all the players that have came to you over the last few years would have come to you if you had only been paying an average Premiership wage ?

Edited by alfieconn

Alfie. Almost every post you write (particularly on the City thread) is to initiate an argument. You always throw rocks at posts or comment purely just to slag off. I'd love to engage with you if you have something constructive to discuss. Until then............................

MrBj, to cheer you up, as you have no choice as a Mod but to read everybody's posts on here, watch this which just popped up for me on YouTube.

I've never seen this before - the City and United games shown synchronised - loved it

Edited by mrbojangles
Fixed link
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj, to cheer you up, as you have no choice as a Mod but to read everybody's posts on here, watch this which just popped up for me on YouTube.

I've never seen this before - the City and United games shown synchronised - loved it

Yeah seen it before mate. I'll never forget the feelings of that day. Marvellous

David SIlva on the bench and Delph looks like he's been given the duty of taking care of Mane....Oh my Buddha he's gonna be busy!!

MAN CITY TEAM NEWS

Team to play Liverpool: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Delph, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero

Subs: Bravo, Danilo, Mangala, D.Silva, B.Silva, Zinchenko, Diaz