Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So this is the solution. It's the management who is to blame for their guns blazing approach. Has this guy got this tactic in his armoury amd personell though?

It's not the management but the manager, Pep. No I do not think he has the tactic you refer: he plays to win every game, which is admirable but a little naive. 

On 4/12/2018 at 2:07 PM, mrbojangles said:

Don't think anyone has even mentioned the bus being damaged as a reason for us being knocked out Carms. Don't know where you got that from. There is nothing to get over.

Lets put this plainer then.  You have been fair and constructive. I for one agree with most of what you said.  Others, while not directly using it as an excuse have carried on with this theme because they are being sore losers. If they not they certainly sound it.   We all know 5-1 doesn't really reflect things but thats the way it goes sometimes.  The sides issues should have be buried the next day, not still being carried on about.

Based over two legs we didn't deserve to go out to Juve.  But things didn't do our way.

Anyway, spare a thought for Michael Oliver.  He did make the correct call, a brilliant one at that but it seems he shouldn't have given it because it was Gigi's last game or some other Juve crap and he's getting pilloried for it!!  Funny thing is if Buffon hadn't got himself sent off he might well have saved it!!

Serves them right for gloating over their win over us!!

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

With Bob threatening to "ride me" and R2D2 calling me "bareback" (think he's been watching that mountaineering movie too often) I'm beginning to think it's time for me to get my coat.:ph34r:

Be careful on the way out....wilai apparently has a secret trenchcoat fetish perhaps linked to his aunty Peggy"s love of old Columbo reruns.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

3 teams in the CL league stage and 4 in the knockout (last 16, 1/4, semi-final and final)

I read that as just the knockout stages; 3 x 2 plus a final. The group stage is barely foreplay and generally as dull as dishwater.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mmmm. Well that didn't pan out

The reaction in the first half performance should be the most pleasing for City fans.  Especially the first 30 mins.  No ones managed to starve us of the ball like that.

Overall I think we totally deserved that win. Got a bit tetchy and niggly at a few stages, Davies deliberate stamp on Kompany. Can't believe Spurs haven't lost since we beat them in December. Something like 14 games, which is a great run and shows the quality of Spurs and the mentality we have to overturn them.

We got lucky with the penalty, which should have been a free kick and VAR would have confirmed that but I reckon we'd have still won this match anyway. The amount of misses by Sterling lately is concerning

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

The reaction in the first half performance should be the most pleasing for City fans.  Especially the first 30 mins.  No ones managed to starve us of the ball like that.

Totally agree. We didn't look like a team who had just lost 3 on the bounce and were suffering from any nerves

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Overall I think we totally deserved that win. Got a bit tetchy and niggly at a few stages, Davies deliberate stamp on Kompany. Can't believe Spurs haven't lost since we beat them in December. Something like 14 games, which is a great run and shows the quality of Spurs and the mentality we have to overturn them.

We got lucky with the penalty, which should have been a free kick and VAR would have confirmed that but I reckon we'd have still won this match anyway. The amount of misses by Sterling lately is concerning

Already posted on the Spurs thread that the penalty decision doesn't take away from it being a deserved win.  

I still don't want VAR until they've proven they can administer it properly.  As yet, they haven't.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I still don't want VAR until they've proven they can administer it properly.  As yet, they haven't.

The thing is, they'll only be able to administer it properly by using it. All the testing in the world doesn't compare to using it on the live stage. I know there'll be teething problems with it as the ref's, officials and even the players get used to it but my hope is that in a couple of years as we get to see correct decisions being made, we'll come to appreciate the benefit's it'll bring. The World Cup in a few months will be interesting.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Partial justice for all the diving those Spurs boys do. 

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Partial justice for all the diving those Spurs boys do. 

Interestingly I was just reading the report on SkySports and I didn't realise that yesterday was the first time Tottenham have conceded a goal from a penalty in the Prem in 59 games, last conceding one against West Ham in Nov 2016.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Interestingly I was just reading the report on SkySports and I didn't realise that yesterday was the first time Tottenham have conceded a goal from a penalty in the Prem in 59 games, last conceding one against West Ham in Nov 2016.

That ref is getting a pair of Levy's concrete boots and a day trip on a boat for his birthday.

• Haha 1

After a horrible depressing 10 days when I feel out with football big time - I thought we should have beat both Liverpool and ManU in the home games - I was really nervous about the visit to 2018 form team Spurs. We needed to show bouncebackability and character, and we really did that. Great team performance.

Another brilliant opening 30 minutes when we scored 2 - penalty was wrong decision - and we carved open so many chances we should have put it to bed. Was it Spurs first (only?) chance that resulted in the fortunate ricochet goal (people on here like to say wrong decisions even-out over a season [ does it?)]). Finally Spurs were in the the game 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after half-time.

After half-time I told my youngest (he'd stayed up all night to watch it, bless him, but fell asleep mid-2nd half) if we scored a 3rd we'd win but if Spurs scored a 2nd we'd crumble.

At that stage I was wondering if the game would take a shock turn, as the ManU game, with Spurs making a comeback, but Pep proved 2nd half that he CAN CHANGE his tactics with taking off Sane and bringing on Otamendi in a 3, with Delph and Walker making a 5 defending or a 5 midfield attacking - it was a brilliant move and we took control again. 

Kompany was brilliant (had Kane in his pocket - is he fit though? ), KdB and Silva were given too much space and cut Spurs open. Spurs couldn't handle Sterling, who wasteful again, never hid and pestered Spurs defence all game and got his reward.

So City did the double over Spurs, rebounding from their 10 days of hell. It was the 28th win of the season, which equalled the club record.

The performance reminded me of Mancini's City victory 1v0 over ManU - night game where Kompany headed winner to put us in the boxseat - when we needed a top performance most, we stepped up with one. A real team performance everybody contributed to in equal measure.

I'm back to loving football!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Just been told by the wife that she made a deal with buddha that if WBA hold on WE go to the wat tomorrow.

I made a deal with the Football gods that if WBA hold on, I'll follow them next season in the Championship.  Boing! boing! boing!

Isn't football amazing. WBA haven't won for something like 31 games, ManU had only lost once at home all season (to City)  and WBA come up with that performance.  

Congrats to City. Best team in the Premiership by a country mile and the best end with United handing them the title. 

A legacy Mourinho will never lose. As a neutral it was lovely to see him squirm. His days there are numbered. 

• Like 2