Manchester City

mrbojangles

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Vinny only cost us about £7m and has won 3 PL Titles, FA Cup and 3 League Cups with us. Unfortunately, according to the most important criteria on here, it was bad business for City cos he hasn't contributed anything to our net spend!!

He paid his TF back handsomely but 56 games in 3 seasons is a poor return by anyone's standards and he has cost you a hell of lot more than 7m.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

He paid his TF back handsomely but 56 games in 3 seasons is a poor return by anyone's standards and he has cost you a hell of lot more than 7m.

Typical of the knockers that they concentrate the stats on his injury period and conveniently forget the circa 300 games he played for us prior.

As for costing us a lot more. Aaaah right, the new anti-City knocker criteria is to now start including salaries in the net spend. Give over man. Vinny has been a bargain by anyone's standards

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Typical of the knockers that they concentrate the stats on his injury period and conveniently forget the circa 300 games he played for us prior.

As for costing us a lot more. Aaaah right, the new anti-City knocker criteria is to now start including salaries in the net spend. Give over man. Vinny has been a bargain by anyone's standards

Was actually referring to what would your position would have been had he played 30 Games a season in the last two seasons. I think if he had you would have finished higher. I thought city fans liked talking this way. "Had he not been wrongly judged offside what might have been" 

Kompany has been a huge success in anyone's books: another Tony Book!

Captain since 2011/12. 332 appearances. Trophies referred to before. Premier League Player of the Season. PFA Team of the Year three times. Married to a blue. Is a blue.

We bought him as a defensive midfielder, he filled in in defence when we had Dunne and Richards out and hasn't looked back since. He's ended up one of the best defenders in Britain in that time.

Depending on what you read he cost us only 6M quid or "On 9 June 2006, however, it was announced that Kompany had been acquired by Hamburger SV for a fee of €10 million". A brilliant buy and a bargain!

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Was actually referring to what would your position would have been had he played 30 Games a season in the last two seasons. I think if he had you would have finished higher. I thought city fans liked talking this way. "Had he not been wrongly judged offside what might have been" 

"what would your position would have been had he played 30 Games a season in the last two seasons"

Last season:

Would Kompany have made a difference if he'd played another 20 games? Definitely!  But we finished 8 points behind 2nd place so maybe no difference to our position.

His season: 

We finished 1st so how could he have made a difference to our position.  Doh! Maybe we would have wrapped it earlier. 

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"what would your position would have been had he played 30 Games a season in the last two seasons"

Last season:

Would Kompany have made a difference if he'd played another 20 games? Definitely!  But we finished 8 points behind 2nd place so maybe no difference to our position.

His season: 

We finished 1st so how could he have made a difference to our position.  Doh! Maybe we would have wrapped it earlier. 

Glad to see you see a season being based solely on league position. There are greater heights to climb however. Doh!

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Glad to see you see a season being based solely on league position. There are greater heights to climb however. Doh!

You asked what would OUR POSITION BE. I answered that. Doh!

We can't get a higher position in the Premier than winner of the Premier.  Doh!

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Last two seasons. Does not include the current one. Early night required for you chap.  

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Does in my books.

You mean those few scraps of paper with your honours list. The truth is and you know this bareback, your boy pep is the reason your season is over as he has no clue how to play away from home in the CL and this arena is where Mourinho completely destroys him as he knows how to win these competitions. It's not like a one off its been a running theme for the guy for a lot of years now and I wonder if the boardroom has the balls to raise such questions and ask him to solve them with a different approach. So you pretend it's all rosy but that's a real thorn in peps tactics.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Shouldn't you be on the Liverpool thread talking about how you are going to address Liverpools demise after throwing away a 2 goal lead to the bottom of the table. Maybe you need to spend another 75m on a defender

R2D2, I gather from lots of posts from Liverpool posters that because Liverpool lost and won in the Premier but beat City in the CL that you consider that liverpool are the superior of the two teams despite being +20 points behind City and having zero to City's two trophies. Schoolboy logic.

So by the same principles,  WBA drew home and away with Liverpool and beat you in the FA Cup, wouldn't that make them a better team than liverpool.

Boing! Boing! Boing! 

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You mean those few scraps of paper with your honours list. The truth is and you know this bareback, your boy pep is the reason your season is over as he has no clue how to play away from home in the CL and this arena is where Mourinho completely destroys him as he knows how to win these competitions. It's not like a one off its been a running theme for the guy for a lot of years now and I wonder if the boardroom has the balls to raise such questions and ask him to solve them with a different approach. So you pretend it's all rosy but that's a real thorn in peps tactics.

Bareback...leave me out of your homo-erotic fantasies you kinky bugger!

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2, I gather from lots of posts from Liverpool posters that because Liverpool lost and won in the Premier but beat City in the CL that you consider that liverpool are the superior of the two teams despite being +20 points behind City and having zero to City's two trophies. Schoolboy logic.

So by the same principles,  WBA drew home and away with Liverpool and beat you in the FA Cup, wouldn't that make them a better team than liverpool.

Boing! Boing! Boing! 

Would that also mean Wigan are a better team than City then bitterback?

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So seems you accept your last two seasons error. Well done.

Our season is over because we've already won the Premier. Just a few records to try to bag.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So seems you accept your last two seasons error. Well done.

Our season is over because we've already won the Premier. Just a few records to try to bag.

Your season is over as we done ya home and away. You done a type of double though I'll give you that.

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Your season is over as we done ya home and away. You done a type of double though I'll give you that.

Instead of being so cocky. Why not wait till you've won the CL. Otherwise beating us will have been for nought

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Instead of being so cocky. Why not wait till you've won the CL. Otherwise beating us will have been for nought

Nought? Just getting to the semis is an additional 7.5m euros. Hardly nowt. Helps balance the books...