Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Just watch it on Sky or BT Sports. You get the replay four or five times from different angles within about 20 seconds. What else has the 4th official got to do except hold an LED board up now & then, and check the subs studs.

And while I am at it, why not have the ref's microphone put thru the PA system when he makes a decision so everyone knows why he has made it.

And as in Germany a while back, if a decision is so obviously wrong, bring 'em back, or cancel the goal or penalty.

And scrap the offside rule.

We Are The Champions My Friend.

With you except on the offside rule. We need it but it is so hard to judge. How to make it easier/better?

I don't think I've ever had a City shirt in my life - wife and kids have. Had a red n black wooly scarf, a blue & white wooly scarf and bobble hat. If I go in the souvenir shop I might buy a book for me and shirt for the kids. Kids wear City shirts pretty much all their spare time and love them but men in shirts I'm not a big fan of.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It’s Nike, they serve up shit kits. 

City home, Spurs home and Chelsea away are all the same design this season. They look cheap and are probably easy to copy. What you lose in style and originality you make up for in money paid in sponsorship.

Liverpool have a very good NB kit this season, but it will be gone next season, probably replaced with something nowhere as good.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

City home, Spurs home and Chelsea away are all the same design. They look cheap and are probably easy to copy. What you lose in style and originality you make up for in money paid in sponsorship.

Liverpool have a very good NB kit this season, but it will be gone next season, probably replaced with something nowhere as good.

I think they are renewed for LFC. 

Yeah you watch Spurs new kit have a black button on its 2018/19 like City. What an effort by Nike

44 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I don't think I've ever had a City shirt in my life - wife and kids have. Had a red n black wooly scarf, a blue & white wooly scarf and bobble hat. If I go in the souvenir shop I might buy a book for me and shirt for the kids. Kids wear City shirts pretty much all their spare time and love them but men in shirts I'm not a big fan of.

Bet you got a tattoo tho.

Ickle city till I die!

Over the utd 4 ever one of course

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I thought the original idea of 'away' kits was so that if the two team's kits were similar, the away team would change. It cannot be THAT difficult to design 20 different home kits which are different. It is SO stupid shouting Come On You Blues when they are wearing purple. And of course, they are ripping kids off who have to buy two kits every year.

Teams have to wear the "away" kit a certain amount of times per year , under the terms of the suppliers contract

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bet you got a tattoo tho.

Ickle city till I die!

Over the utd 4 ever one of course

Nope,  no tattoos.  Older bro said he'd get one if Mancini's team won the Premier; they did, he hasn't. Not a fan of tattoos. Bet your Brum/WBA/walsall hidden one is a beauty. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nope,  no tattoos.  Older bro said he'd get one if Mancini's team won the Premier; they did, he hasn't. Not a fan of tattoos. Bet your Brum/WBA/walsall hidden one is a beauty. 

images (5).jpg

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Teams have to wear the "away" kit a certain amount of times per year , under the terms of the suppliers contract

I was talking about the 'original' idea whenever that was. The offside rule was introduced to stop a forward just staying on or near the opponents goal line waiting for a pass. But if the shirts are part of the suppliers contract..........change suppliers or the contract, it's only a f++++ing footie shirt.

10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But if the shirts are part of the suppliers contract..........change suppliers or the contract, it's only a f++++ing footie shirt.

Nike paid Chelsea nearly 1 Billion quid to be Chelsea shirt maker , contractually having to wear the 2nd and 3rd shirts a certain number of times per year is reasonable and fair enough

Another record broken this week, this time an individual one. Ederson is now in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest drop kick ever recorded.

Ederson smashes longest ever football drop kick in training as records continue to tumble at Manchester City

Manchester City have broken plenty of Premier League records during their incredible title-winning campaign and now goalkeeper Ederson has added a slightly quirky individual honour to that mounting collection.

Full story:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5714129/Manchester-City-goalkeeper-Ederson-smashes-longest-drop-kick-records-continue-tumble.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Another record broken this week, this time an individual one. Ederson is now in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest drop kick ever recorded.

Ederson smashes longest ever football drop kick in training as records continue to tumble at Manchester City

Manchester City have broken plenty of Premier League records during their incredible title-winning campaign and now goalkeeper Ederson has added a slightly quirky individual honour to that mounting collection.

Full story:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5714129/Manchester-City-goalkeeper-Ederson-smashes-longest-drop-kick-records-continue-tumble.html

OMG, that's amazing!

Probably the one that led to Aguero's goal vs Arsenal in the caraboa cup. Not only kicks it long BUT very accurately.

Seem to remember some on here laughing about the purchase of Ederson when they had no idea about him - think he's proven an excellent purchase and will serve us well for the coming years.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Though it won't happen (?) I'd like to see Ederson get a shot at PKs next season. Such a cool and confident kid, and if it doesn't work out no harm done. Some Brazilian keepers have been very succesful with PKs.

Just now, jellydog said:

Though it won't happen (?) I'd like to see Ederson get a shot at PKs next season. Such a cool and confident kid, and if it doesn't work out no harm done. Some Brazilian keepers have been very succesful with PKs.

Pep has sternly said no in normal game time as it would disrespect the opponent. However, he didn't rule out the possibility should it come to a penalty shoot out in a comp

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Probably the one that led to Aguero's goal vs Arsenal in the caraboa cup. Not only kicks it long BUT very accurately.

Seem to remember some on here laughing about the purchase of Ederson when they had no idea about him - think he's proven an excellent purchase and will serve us well for the coming years.

Given bravo likely cost pep his first title in season 1 I think he had to rectify it with all means necessary  and yes he was fairly unknown but has become a very important figure for your team. A great buy.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep has sternly said no in normal game time as it would disrespect the opponent. However, he didn't rule out the possibility should it come to a penalty shoot out in a comp

This "disrespect" reason is absolute rubbish and annoying. If a player is good at PKs what difference does it make if he is a keeper ? Silly.

• Like 2

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Don't remember us spending as much as you on a defender like

What do you mean like. We may have spent 75m on the lad but not before we sold coutinho for 115? That sale was worth so much more though it reinvented our team and firminho just moved up 2 levels since. Strange world.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What do you mean like. We may have spent 75m on the lad but not before we sold coutinho for 115? That sale was worth so much more though it reinvented our team and firminho just moved up 2 levels since. Strange world.

Glass houses mate. Glass houses like