Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't know if you are referring to this, but BBC are reporting an interview in France where Yaya says Pep has a problem with Africans. Yaya wants to be the first to "break the myth". He is inferring Pep is racist.

See BBC football page for more.

Big article in The Guardian.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

Excellent news !!:clap2:

I'ts just mental that, YPoY in the premier league and can't get in the German squad.  Him and Icardi being ommitted the biggest surprises for me.

A wake up call too for those delusional ones that think England are in with a chance.....and take a look at the French Spanish Argentine and Brazilian midfields too and see who they left out!!!

Then go back to our midfield........

No idea if Pep has a problem with africans, or coloured players (as we play several coloured players regularly i doubt it), or with Yaya, but Yaya certainly seems to have a problem with Pep. Smarter move would have been to keep quiet until retired then include in his autobiography .

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No idea if Pep has a problem with africans, or coloured players (as we play several coloured players regularly i doubt it), or with Yaya, but Yaya certainly seems to have a problem with Pep. Smarter move would have been to keep quiet until retired then include in his autobiography .

Then i find myself going back to the birthday cake and have to conclude that as fine a player as he was, as a person he gives the impression of being a complete and utter bellend.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'ts just mental that, YPoY in the premier league and can't get in the German squad.  Him and Icardi being ommitted the biggest surprises for me.

A wake up call too for those delusional ones that think England are in with a chance.....and take a look at the French Spanish Argentine and Brazilian midfields too and see who they left out!!!

Then go back to our midfield........

It is pretty amazing though there are reasons, with competition for spots being fierce at both Germany and Argentina. Add in that neither Sane or Icardi tore it up when they played for their countries. Even so, still shocking.

Great competition for the striker positions with Argentina, but I would have picked Icardi regardless. Argentina hasn't had a Plan B for years now. Everything runs through Messi. Also, Icardi has been a bit of persona non grata with many of the Argentines dating to his "stealing" his current wife from another Argentine player. Never a dull moment in Argentina.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Then i find myself going back to the birthday cake and have to conclude that as fine a player as he was, as a person he gives the impression of being a complete and utter bellend.

Yaya just has a huge chip on his shoulder and I doubt there's much to be done about it. Seems a decent enough fellow overall, but that big chip tends to spoil everything about him. The racial accusations are complete rubbish as any look at Pep's career would show.

11 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yaya just has a huge chip on his shoulder and I doubt there's much to be done about it. Seems a decent enough fellow overall, but that big chip tends to spoil everything about him. The racial accusations are complete rubbish as any look at Pep's career would show.

Yes i think thats well put.  Interesting that a guy from the Ivory Coast, a player celebrated, idolized and richer than his wildest dreams should have such hang ups!!  The whole racism thing is laughably stupid.  He probably actually feels that Pep never rated him, and he might finally be right about something.  Maybe he was just a right fit, wrong time for Pep's sides?

Edited by carmine

27 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes i think thats well put.  Interesting that a guy from the Ivory Coast, a player celebrated, idolized and richer than his wildest dreams should have such hang ups!!  The whole racism thing is laughably stupid.  He probably actually feels that Pep never rated him, and he might finally be right about something.  Maybe he was just a right fit, wrong time for Pep's sides?

Slow as molasses now and you couldn't fit him in to the current City philosophy with a crowbar. That said he could still be of use to a side playing a different style of football I think.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Do you really believe  the birthday cake story? If there's any truth to it, it'd be his agent i reckon. I think there is a degree  of truth that around that time Yaya and his agent were trying  to establish  his value to Pep and City, but birthday cake nah I don't  believe  it.

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Slow as molasses now and you couldn't fit him in to the current City philosophy with a crowbar. That said he could still be of use to a side playing a different style of football I think.

He was in a similar situation at Barca when Pep took over.  He was a good player but there was a better option/fit.  

Kolo comes across as a very likable bloke.  He was a good pro aswell.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, carmine said:

He was in a similar situation at Barca when Pep took over.  He was a good player but there was a better option/fit.  

Kolo comes across as a very likable bloke.  He was a good pro aswell.

Yeah, I forgot about Kolo. In some ways his personality seems completely opposite to that of Yaya's.

Just now, jellydog said:

Yeah, I forgot about Kolo. In some ways his personality seems completely opposite to that of Yaya's.

Polar opposites.  I don't want to sound too harsh about Yaya,  he's clearly not a bad bloke but he just comes across as such a self absorbed <deleted>.

KdB giving us an insight:

De Bruyne said he had not seen any evidence of Touré’s claims during his time at City and believes the 35-year-old’s frustration at his lack of game-time may have played a part in his accusations.

“I never saw something. It would be weird if the trainer was racist – with all the black guys in our team,” De Bruyne told BBC World Football.

“So I don’t know what Yaya said or if it’s wrongly written or exaggerated. When you don’t play there’s always something you try to find.”

De Bruyne added: “We had the best season ever, so in the end the coach took the right decision to play with the team who played a lot. This year the trainer probably thought he [Yaya] wasn’t doing enough, wasn’t fit enough. I’ve never seen something racist at the club, ever.”

Edited by Bredbury Blue

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sane has both French and German nationalities. Was eligible to play for either. Wonder if he's now wishing he'd chosen France.

Nah. Who on earth wants to be French (I bet even the French don't)

• Like 1

City and PSV Eindhoven have agreed the outline of a deal for left-backAngeliño, who will join the Dutch champions for just over €5million (£4.4million). There are still some details to work out, and the transfer is likely to include a buy-back clause for City, but the young Spaniard should join Dutch champions PSV in the next week, 

City have announced that Patrick Vieira is leaving New York City FC to take over at Ligue 1 side OGC Nice. Vieira’s contract at the Allianz Riviera will run until 2021 – coincidentally the same time Guardiola’s City deal runs out.

Pep on Yayas comments: "It’s a lie and he knows it. We were together for two years and now this is when he says it. He never told me face to face.”

City's assistant manager Domenec Torrent has left the club after 11 years working with Pep Guardiola.

The Spaniard is moving to the Blues' sister club New York City to replace Ptatrick Vieira, who is leaving for French side Nice.

Torrent, 55, was Guardiola's assistant at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and City for 11 years - winning 24 trophies - but said he was keen to return to management.

He previously managed City's Spanish feeder club Girona in 2005-06.

Could the move allow Arteta to step up? - analysis

BBC Sport's Simon Stone

Torrent's appointment is interesting for a number of reasons.

His contract runs to 2020, meaning it will finish six months before Guardiola's is due to expire at Manchester City, therefore offering an obvious opening to link up together again should the pair both wish.

Possibly most intriguing of all though is what it means for Guardiola's coaching team.

Last month, it was felt the newest member, Mikel Arteta, would be leaving for Arsenal. In the end, the Gunners went for Unai Emery to replace Arsene Wenger.

However, with Patrick Vieira now stepping outside the CFG fold to gain greater managerial experience, will Arteta be given more responsibility by Guardiola, which, in two years' time, could put him in pole position to become the next City manager?

4D23F7F600000578-5831845-image-a-3_1528740133506.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

City’s club doctor Max Sala   (Italian) is doing RAAM (12-25 June), a punishing 3,000 miles cycle ride, starting in Oceanside, California and finishing at City Dock Annapolis, Maryland. The journey across 12 states includes 175,000 feet of climbing and has to be completed in just 12 days. A huge cycling fan, Sala - who will spend up to 20 hours a day in the saddle during the challenge.

Thought it was only mad Brits who did such things (anybody following the Brit trying to swim around Britain in 100 days...so far he's gone along the kent coast to Portsmouth area)

DfZyaI4X0AAIOx_.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Could have wished for an easier game than Arsenal away for the first game

Yeah, the Gunners will be all fired up with the post Wenger era beginning. Plus they are a different side at home opposed to away.

I figure 3-1 City, rather than 4-1.:tongue:

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, the Gunners will be all fired up with the post Wenger era beginning. Plus they are a different side at home opposed to away.

I figure 3-1 City, rather than 4-1.:tongue:

Don't forget that 16 players from our squad will be missing from pre-season (or the majority of pre-season)