Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Even if they suffer multiple injuries they have the squad players to win the league...and of course can back it up with a huge signing or two in January.

Yes its as simple as that.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Mate, you've got 60m players sitting on the bench!!!  Pep should be viewed the same way as he was at Bayern and Emery was at PSG.  Simply put, winning the league is a given, its winning the CL which will have you associated with success.

BB apparently only rates City's chances of winning the league as 50/50.  Thats ridiculously downbeat.

You seem to think that just because  a club has expensive players they will win the Premier. Leicester....doh!

Hypocrites!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-transfers-liverpool-city-14941399

EXTRACTS

The howls of protest which greet every penny of “oil money”the Blues spend have been as loud in Anfield as they are in Old Trafford.

And yet, curiously, it appears that in the last couple of years it has been United and Liverpool who have been “ruining football”.

The Scousers - who square up to City in a pre-season friendly in New Jersey on Wednesday night - have just smashed theBlues' world record spend in a calendar year by splashing out around £248million, roughly £9million more than City spent in 2017.

They are also gaining a monopoly on hypocrisy, after Jurgen Klopp's remarkable change of heart.

Remember, this was the man who vowed to walk away from football if his job involved spending big money. He was referring to United's outlay on Pogba, but the implication included City.

“Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money,” he said two years ago, with an air of Teutonic nobility.

“I want a special team spirit – I don’t feel it is necessary, I want it.”

It was the kind of emotional pseudo-babble that normally ends up on one of those banners of which the more melodramatic Koppites are so fond.

But never mind, because Herr Klopp was recently woken in the middle of the night by the startling revelation that spending tons of money – a world record no less – is actually a really GOOD thing.

By sheer coincidence, this road-to-Damascus arrived with the Liverpool board's decision to back him in the transfer market with hard cash.

His breathtaking hypocrisy exposed, Klopp said he had simply changed his mind, and didn't care what the world thought, sounding a bit like a spoilt schoolgirl.

After all the preening self-congratulation about doing things the right way, Liverpool have gone out and spent around £248million on Van Dijk, Allison, Naby Keita, Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri.

Fair play to them – that squad should make it a far more interesting Premier League next season.

So, with United and Liverpool driving up prices and smashing transfer records, perhaps City will be left alone? Don't count on it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Then you'll go and bottle it on the big stage, the CL, when it really matters.  Pep will spit the dummy and you and MrB will be barking on about it for months afterwards.....

"Bottle it"  You really are a wind up merchant at times. We bottled nothing 

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

His breathtaking hypocrisy exposed, Klopp said he had simply changed his mind, and didn't care what the world thought, sounding a bit like a spoilt schoolgirl.

I read that piece earlier and that bit stuck with me. He goes and throws statements around slagging off other clubs and when he does the very same thing, it's ok cos he's changed his mind. The guys a bladdy clown  

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I read that piece earlier and that bit stuck with me. He goes and throws statements around slagging off other clubs and when he does the very same thing, it's ok cos he's changed his mind. The guys a bladdy clown  

A clown who took his team to the CL final. ?

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Really!! Well you lot and the scousers seem to be jumping in and supporting each other lately

Your paranoia is duly noted. I suppose that's what its like alone at the top of Pen y Fan when you know the SAS are currently on exercises and the fog is drifting in....:biggrin:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Your paranoia is duly noted. I suppose that's what its like alone at the top of Pen y Fan when you know the SAS are currently on exercises and the fog is drifting in....:biggrin:

Actually. When I posted about Klopp I was waiting to see who replied to me slagging him off. It was a test and you passed ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Actually. When I posted about Klopp I was waiting to see who replied to me slagging him off. It was a test and you passed ?

I don't have an affinity with the mickeys but I respect how far Klippety has brought that team in a short time.....this summer's transfers put the pressure on him now though....he'll be expected to deliver a title and a long run in the CL this year especially if they sign another top midfielder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So do I actually. But the scousers have been giving so much grief lately, I wanted to give a bit back

He gave the perfect honest answer to buying a 63m quid goalkeeper too....every manager in the premiership would love to be able to shell out like that and anyone saying otherwise is a ferkn liar.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

He gave the perfect honest answer to buying a 63m quid goalkeeper too....every manager in the premiership would love to be able to shell out like that and anyone saying otherwise is a ferkn liar.

That's the thing, he did say it last year (or whenever) and so he was a liar then but simply changed his mind

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That's the thing, he did say it last year (or whenever) and so he was a liar then but simply changed his mind

We're all constantly on the wind up....why shouldn't the manager be?

Fergie was a master of this art.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We're all constantly on the wind up....why shouldn't the manager be?

Fergie was a master of this art.

See. Have a look at your last several posts. You're sticking up for Liverpool and don't even know you're doing it ?

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

See. Have a look at your last several posts. You're sticking up for Liverpool and don't even know you're doing it ?

That makes me innocent then. Or insane....take your pick I hear nurse Ratchett has some nice pills. :w00t:

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Nah he's forgiven, after all he's got that big goofy smile which we all love.

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is that you posting purely for the sake of it again Alfie ?

To keep it on topic, is that dot a football in the distance

It's his thought waves                .                                             .                   ...                               .                                                       .