Manchester City

mrbojangles

What is really funny about it is you were getting all smug when your club refused to swap the fixture and actually claiming we should forfeit the game when in reality it was obvious a solution would have to be found to allow the game to go ahead at Wembley as no way would the FA sanction a third venue for us.

Suck it up buttercup. :cheesy:

52 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What is really funny about it is you were getting all smug when your club refused to swap the fixture and actually claiming we should forfeit the game when in reality it was obvious a solution would have to be found to allow the game to go ahead at Wembley as no way would the FA sanction a third venue for us.

Suck it up buttercup. :cheesy:

Will you be going?

^It's bad enough that fans have to attend a match at 4pm on a Sunday in london - dead easy to get to and from - but no, let's make it more difficult by having it at 8pm on a Monday night in old London town. Why am i not surprised that you don't see it that way - how's those prawn sandwiches taste these days!

"What is really funny about it is you were getting all smug when your club refused to swap the fixture and actually claiming we should forfeit the game when in reality it was obvious a solution would have to be found to allow the game to go ahead at Wembley as no way would the FA sanction a third venue for us."

1. Why should a club reverse its fixtures - by doing so we would have had 4 away fixtures at the end of season.
2. Any solution should not be to the detriment of the opponent - monday night is.
3. My comment on forfeiting was tongue in cheek as you know.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Pisses me off that northern fans have to travel to london for games at difficult times when the authorities make no consideration for how will they get there and back. Think City, Liverpool and ManU fans have all suffered with cup finals and semifinals with no train services available home after the game. Last April's win vs spurs at Wembley in the premier tge kickoff was 7.45pm Saturday - last train from euston was at 9.43pm!!!

"Let them eat cake" eh Ronnie!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pisses me off that northern fans have to travel to london for games at difficult times when the authorities make no consideration for how will they get there and back. Think City, Liverpool and ManU fans have all suffered with cup finals and semifinals with no train services available home after the game. Last April's win vs spurs at Wembley in the premier tge kickoff was 7.45pm Saturday - last train from euston was at 9.43pm!!!

"Let them eat cake" eh Ronnie!

We want you to enjoy a Sat night in London is all.

Plenty cheap hotels around.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes.

Cos it's near. Must admit, you Spurs boys are coming out with some surprising stuff in that you don't care how fans are treated. Including your own fans that you don't care are being priced out of going to matches. Slagging clubs, teams etc is ok but us fans are all in the same boat and don't get private planes, the next day off work etc

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Cos it's near. Must admit, you Spurs boys are coming out with some surprising stuff in that you don't care how fans are treated. Including your own fans that you don't care are being priced out of going to matches. Slagging clubs, teams etc is ok but us fans are all in the same boat and don't get private planes, the next day off work etc

My views on this are clear....I just enjoy watching your gnome squirm in his computer chair. ?

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Huh?

I was the one that raised the issue regards to Sky changing the kick off time of our fixture at wombed that meant City fans could not travel on the train!  Originally that game was a scheduled 3pm kick off.

Secondly, i've heard about individual fans bitching about ticket prices but thats a modern day fact of life but i haven't heard of them being unable to go to games this season.  In terms of families going to games, i think they have been priced out years ago.

A lot of this is down to the Bosman ruling, that opened the door to huge increases in transfers and wages and was right royally abused yet further by oligarchs and arabs when the bought their new toys.

Edited by carmine

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

Huh?

I was the one that raised the issue regards to Sky changing the kick off time of our fixture at wombed that meant City fans could not travel on the train!  Originally that game was a scheduled 3pm kick off.

Secondly, i've heard about individual fans bitching about ticket prices but thats a modern day fact of life but i haven't heard of them being unable to go to games this season.  In terms of families going to games, i think they have been priced out years ago.

A lot of this is down to the Bosman ruling, that opened the door to huge increases in transfers and wages and was right royally abused yet further by oligarchs and arabs when the bought their new toys.

Was funny to see mrboj having a go at me re prices when I brought it up in my review of our first game.

For the record at an average of 40 quid a ticket and 50 quid travel to get to Wembley I am in full agreement its way too much for me to go to every match.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You were doing so well and I was about to click like...…………………..and...……………..then...………….the last bit.

That garbage really get's my goat. If you really believe that the City Group is merely a toy, you really are delusional.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

It was Ronnie who said he had no sympathy for the fans

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You were doing so well and I was about to click like...…………………..and...……………..then...………….the last bit.

That garbage really get's my goat. If you really believe that the City Group is merely a toy, you really are delusional.

Thats all you have to say one the whole post!!?

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

It was Ronnie who said he had no sympathy for the fans

I was just winding up your pal.

In any case if prices keep rising the ordinary regular fans will go to less games resulting in far less atmosphere.

The football tourists I see at games increasingly don't have the passion for it in the same way.

Chairmen ought to do a bit of listening of their own or the game will be the worse for it.....they make enough from the TV money and with players on 200k a week its a disgrace to hike up prices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Come on mate, you are the 2nd most expensive in the division. You might not "hear" people bitching put they most definitely are (as per my post about your supporters trust)

Was having a think about your prices and how you Spurs lot go on and on and on and on and on...…...about net spend and the teams who spend most should win the league. Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Come on mate, you are the 2nd most expensive in the division. You might not "hear" people bitching put they most definitely are (as per my post about your supporters trust)

Was having a think about your prices and how you Spurs lot go on and on and on and on and on...…...about net spend and the teams who spend most should win the league. Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

The fans so wanted a big nice new stadium and they got it.  And if they are so up in arms and priced out how come we could sell out on season tickets alone!!?

Sorry, the argument just doesn't stack up.  And none od my mates have even considered the thought of not renewing theirs.

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So what is the relationship between the two ?  and what is your point ?

Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

So what would that prove that we don't already know ?

Edited by alfieconn

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

The fans so wanted a big nice new stadium and they got it.  And if they are so up in arms and priced out how come we could sell out on season tickets alone!!?

Sorry, the argument just doesn't stack up.  And none od my mates have even considered the thought of not renewing theirs.

You're not getting the point are you? Ronnie said it earlier. If you are happy being the 2nd most expensive team for tickets (and yet still not winning anything) then fine. I don't care but I would have thought you would.

For all your slagging off about Arab money etc I'm really happy that our owners have kept it affordable at City and yet we are still delivering silverware. Your owners are charging you the earth, earning millions off the TV rights and not spending on players. Don't call our owners before looking at your own first

I prefer to leave aside the club rivalries (and the sniping bs from the gnome above) and focus on the reality.

No one is giving up their season ticket with a waiting list at Tottenham of many thousands especially when its easy to sell half of it in any case.

Fewer and fewer are going to every game on a simple cost basis but it doesn't mean our ground will not be full most weeks.

I do object to ticket hikes of 33% in many cases this season for the same seating....and some are refusing to attend the Liverpool game as a protest against this.

For the fans it is not an infinite income and there are plenty who have supported a long time who are grumbling at it.

• Like 1

Here's an interesting article. This is based on how much it cost supporters to see a goal last year.

Spurs were 11th most expensive at an average cost of £16.13 per goal

City were number one cheapest at £4.90 per goal 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/962937/Premier-League-table-ranked-season-ticket-value-per-goal-sportgalleries

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It would prove to be embarrassing for Spurs. You really don't understand the point?

No i don't  and that's why i have asked  the questions that you haven't answered !!! anyway i will ask them again !

So what is the relationship between the two ?  and what is your point ?

So what would that prove that we don't already know ?