Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently we have recalled 19 year old Goalkeeper Aro Muric from his loan spell at NAC Breda

Not surprised if the option was there because Sky were reporting this morning City were going to make a case to loan in a player.  Injuries to keepers are infrequent but if you don't get cover it will of course happen!!

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Not surprised if the option was there because Sky were reporting this morning City were going to make a case to loan in a player.  Injuries to keepers are infrequent but if you don't get cover it will of course happen!!

We'll be in an extremely dodgy position if anything happens to Ederson. A 19 and 20 year old as back up

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We'll be in an extremely dodgy position if anything happens to Ederson. A 19 and 20 year old as back up

Some other club had to approach the FA in a similar situation in recent seasons but i'm not sure who...might have been us for all i know!

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Some other club had to approach the FA in a similar situation in recent seasons but i'm not sure who...might have been us for all i know!

Think we had to do it also several years back when Hart was on loan to Birmingham I think it was

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Think we had to do it also several years back when Hart was on loan to Birmingham I think it was

2009/10 

"Man City sign Sunderland keeper Marton Fulop on loan

Fulop has played 14 games for Sunderland this season

Sunderland have confirmed that keeper Marton Fulop has joined Manchester City on an emergency loan deal for the remaining three games of the season.

City had hoped to recall their on-loan keeper Joe Hart from Birmingham to cover for the injured Shay Given, but were blocked and turned to Fulop, 26.

The Premier League was understood to have pointed out that there was no recall clause in the original deal.

Fulop, Sunderland's third choice, is set to train with City on Wednesday.

The Hungarian travelled to Manchester on Wednesday morning and a deal was finalised in the afternoon.

With Given's regular back-up Stuart Taylor also injured, City were left with the Faroe Islands' Gunnar Nielsen."

Shay did his shoulder at Arsenal.

Had Bravo been fit and Ederson picked up a lengthy injury that would have been our season over. If Ederson picks up lengthy injury with our 2 unexperienced kids that will be  our season over. Ederson; most important man in our squad and our new assist  king?

On 8/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, BangrakBob said:

Must be getting excited now lads, almost time to throw the confetti ? 

EFE8B322-7836-405C-9EE1-6C93F9B5FF66.jpeg

So Bob, did you enjoy the confetti, cause I'm loving it that liverpool give out song books and even the fackin rules of the game! 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 8/23/2018 at 8:53 AM, mrbojangles said:

Really. Then I'll give you a chance to put the record straight. Go back and look at what you said.

Because in relation to the fans subject, you said "Point being it doesn't really effect anyone on here, myself included, smokes seems to be the only person who regularly attends matches." To which I replied "Neither does a club's net spend affect anyone here . So why does that get so much air time?" To which you replied "Well it does affect the football, and that affects us all." 

Therefore, you said the fans don't affect anyone on here but the net spend issue does affect people on here because it affects the football. Therefore, in summary, you could only have meant that the fans don't affect the football. 

I think you were fighting too many battles on many fronts yesterday Jangles.

Your out of context assumption and summation are way off the mark. If you read exactly what BB said and my question to him, which then followed with my opinion, it was not related to a general discussion on whether fans affect football. 

BB said, Are you not concerned about how YOU"RE are treated on away days....

To which I responded how can anyone on HERE in this forum comment as such because, I hazard a guess, 99% of the regular contributors have not had a tangible experience of going to an away match in years. 

You and BB then go off on tangents, not related to my point, but a larger picture.

To which I did then offer to have a discussion about football fans treatment as a general discussion, and neither of you responded. 

My point to you about spending being a discussion point is it relates to performance on the park and we get to witness and experience this weekly, we experience how it affects the league and European leagues. Otherwise there wouldn't be 100 pages on here about it and why there is currently 3 posts on how YOU'RE treated on away days.

The defense rests your Honour...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Bob, did you enjoy the confetti, cause I'm loving it that liverpool give out song books and even the fackin rules of the game! 

nothing posted mate, try upload it again...

send it to me if you like, I'll embedded it for you.

Edited by BangrakBob

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

nothing posted mate, try upload it again...

send it to me if you like, I'll embedded it for you.

Strange  you can open the embedded mp4 ..just tried it no problem as shown screenshotted. But i will send it to you for embedding

Ps. Just tried sending  to you but apparently  'bangrak bob cannot receive messages'

Screenshot_2018-08-24-17-54-53.png

Edited by Bredbury Blue

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Strange  you can open the embedded mp4 ..just tried it no problem as shown screenshotted. But i will send it to you for embedding

Ps. Just tried sending  to you but apparently  'bangrak bob cannot receive messages'

Screenshot_2018-08-24-17-54-53.png

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Here you go Bob

just looks like this, empty file, I'm on a Mac, if it makes a difference? 

Is there a youtube version?

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Edited by BangrakBob

54 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think you were fighting too many battles on many fronts yesterday Jangles.

Your out of context assumption and summation are way off the mark. If you read exactly what BB said and my question to him, which then followed with my opinion, it was not related to a general discussion on whether fans affect football. 

BB said, Are you not concerned about how YOU"RE are treated on away days....

To which I responded how can anyone on HERE in this forum comment as such because, I hazard a guess, 99% of the regular contributors have not had a tangible experience of going to an away match in years. 

You and BB then go off on tangents, not related to my point, but a larger picture.

To which I did then offer to have a discussion about football fans treatment as a general discussion, and neither of you responded. 

My point to you about spending being a discussion point is it relates to performance on the park and we get to witness and experience this weekly, we experience how it affects the league and European leagues. Otherwise there wouldn't be 100 pages on here about it and why there is currently 3 posts on how YOU'RE treated on away days.

The defense rests your Honour...

A most admirable attempt at a wriggle Bob but it's not washing.

We didn't go off at a "tangent "after. We were already discussing fans value for money and you even jumped in with a comment on bang for your bucks before you made the other statement. Then you asked "how many games BB attended per year" and I replied "why does that matter" . Then this:-

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

In most years i dont as i live in Thailand, however my brothers and nephews do attend; some of them all home games, most away games and some CL, while others just the home games. Why do you ask?

As we're  sharing how many matches a year do you attend? 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, BangrakBob said:

I was asking because I wondered how effected you or anyone other expats who do not regularly visit UK would be by your concerns. Point being it doesn't really effect anyone on here, myself included, smokes seems to be the only person who regularly attends matches.

If I go home I'll attend a match, but that is once in a blue moon. 

So you said that most of us on here aren't affected because we don't go but when I asked you:-

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, mrbojangles said:

Neither does a club's net spend affect anyone here . So why does that get so much air time?

You replied:-

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, BangrakBob said:

Well it does affect the football, and that affects us all.

My point being that the fans do affect the football. And therefore, we are affected on here.

Unfortunately, your defence failed and you will be hanged at dawn. Lord have mercy on his soul (name the song and band 1980's)

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

A most admirable attempt at a wriggle Bob but it's not washing.

We didn't go off at a "tangent "after. We were already discussing fans value for money and you even jumped in with a comment on bang for your bucks before you made the other statement. Then you asked "how many games BB attended per year" and I replied "why does that matter" . Then this:-

So you said that most of us on here aren't affected because we don't go but when I asked you:-

You replied:-

My point being that the fans do affect the football. And therefore, we are affected on here.

Unfortunately, your defence failed and you will be hanged at dawn. Lord have mercy on his soul (name the song and band 1980's)

yer arse man...you are conveniently cutting the pieces from separating conversations and not once have you included my point about discussing treatment of fans as a whole.

My comment about bang for the buck was relating to a totally different subject matter, not traveling away fans.

You also cut to the second sentence of my response to BB’s travelling fans comment, and didn’t add the first sentence which was a direct reply to the travelling fans comment.

You also conveniently left out that I mentioned the following - "I think as a whole football fans are treated like second class citizens at times, and portrayed as such in the media. They are treated different to fans of other sports, by law, politics, police, airlines etc."

Which would also suggest my initial comment is a direct response to the direct question about travelling fans and this point is the expansion about fans as a whole if you so wished to debate but neither of you did.

I don’t even understand your point; “therefore, you said fans don’t affect anyone on here” what does that even mean? And what sort of sweeping statement is that? Where have I said that? 

Do you really think that I am saying fans have no affect on football? How would you even deduce that from my point.

You should be arrested for perversion of the course of justice.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

haha as sad as that goody bag is, it is a corporate goody bag, not a season ticket holder goody bag is it? 

nice try....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I like the brochure entitled "In case you are new to football here is a rough guide."

And I agree with all the envious SuperSpurs fans that Keita is a very good player.

Edited by owl sees all

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

yer arse man...you are conveniently cutting the pieces from separating conversations and not once have you included my point about discussing treatment of fans as a whole.

My comment about bang for the buck was relating to a totally different subject matter, not traveling away fans.

You also cut to the second sentence of my response to BB’s travelling fans comment, and didn’t add the first sentence which was a direct reply to the travelling fans comment.

You also conveniently left out that I mentioned the following - "I think as a whole football fans are treated like second class citizens at times, and portrayed as such in the media. They are treated different to fans of other sports, by law, politics, police, airlines etc."

Which would also suggest my initial comment is a direct response to the direct question about travelling fans and this point is the expansion about fans as a whole if you so wished to debate but neither of you did.

I don’t even understand your point; “therefore, you said fans don’t affect anyone on here” what does that even mean? And what sort of sweeping statement is that? Where have I said that? 

Do you really think that I am saying fans have no affect on football? How would you even deduce that from my point.

You should be arrested for perversion of the course of justice.

So summarise all of that Bob. Is it ok for fans like you and me - lifelong fans (ex season ticket  holder in my case) but now are armchair  supporters with the occasional  game on home visits - to care about and comment on how the matchgoing fans are treated they days or not? A YES or a NO will suffice.

Wolves have been excellent. At the back we've been woeful. Up front we've been unlucky not to score - bloody woodwork and brilliant save. Get kompany off before he makes another mistake. Get Sterling on the right. Get Gundogan off. Not good enough. Banana skin written over it.

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Tell you what lads, that Mendy is going to need to work on his defense. I can see that flank being targeted. 

Mendy is a lot of good and can be a lot of bad. I hope Pep has Delph ready if he needs a more consistent performance.

• Like 1

Thought it was an excellent game.

Wolves were excellent, dangerous, always in the game, stopped Mendy and Walker pushing forward, and having watched them also against  leicester last week when they were unlucky to lose they looked well equipped to do well this season.

Thought we were so so but more than good enough to have won it, hitting the woodwork three times, two brilliant saves and lots of chances.

NOW then, had there been VAR, in the space of 90 seconds Wolves handball  goal would have been ruled off and Silva would have had a penalty!

So a feeling of not our day / we wuz robbed / Rowan Atkinson you're a homer, but that's football. Over to liverpool to go 2 points clear.

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thought it was an excellent game.

Wolves were excellent, dangerous, always in the game, stopped Mendy and Walker pushing forward, and having watched them also against  leicester last week when they were unlucky to lose they looked well equipped to do well this season.

Thought we were so so but more than good enough to have won it, hitting the woodwork three times, two brilliant saves and lots of chances.

NOW then, had there been VAR, in the space of 90 seconds Wolves handball  goal would have been ruled off and Silva would have had a penalty!

So a feeling of not our day / we wuz robbed / Rowan Atkinson you're a homer, but that's football. Over to liverpool to go 2 points clear.

Defo handball for their goal but not sure about the pen call. Silva kicked the back of Neves’ leg and then his own leg...