Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

Sloppy and unlucky gets you a draw many times. Hats off to Wolves who put in a spirited performance. The lucky <deleted>.:bah:

As far as Wolves are concerned it was a case of saved by the post,malthough they did defend well.  I doubt though that many sides will get away with a point like that.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Decisions like that certainly support the case for using it

It can only be a matter of time before it's introduced in the EPL, 

as all the main European league's are already using it.

I wouldn't be surprised that they even start using it during this season if errors like yesterday continue.

• Like 2

Watched episode 3 of the City doco last night. 

The chairman made a very interesting comment in a post match conversation  , he said we haven’t really done anything yet. Ok we’ve won a couple of titles and some cups but.....

Amazing how the owners appear not overly arsed about anything accept the CL. I guess that is the greatest exposure for them too. 

Looking forward to the quarterfinal episode...

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Watched episode 3 of the City doco last night. 

The chairman made a very interesting comment in a post match conversation  , he said we haven’t really done anything yet. Ok we’ve won a couple of titles and some cups but.....

Amazing how the owners appear not overly arsed about anything accept the CL. I guess that is the greatest exposure for them too. 

Looking forward to the quarterfinal episode...

Be sure to report back and let us know how you enjoy watching the episode when we lift the Premier.

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Be sure to report back and let us know how you enjoy watching the episode when we lift the Premier.

I'm not looking forward to the quarterfinal episode to enjoy witnessing your misery again, just to see the response from Pep and the Khaldoon.  

btw. you have dropped 1/7th of the your total points from the last season. Do you think you can break 100 points again this season?

10 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

btw. you have dropped 1/7th of the your total points from the last season. Do you think you can break 100 points again this season?

If memory serves, we have the same points as last year after 3 games but no, getting 100 points was a tall order and I don't reckon it will achieved again for several years (if ever)

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm not looking forward to the quarterfinal episode to enjoy witnessing your misery again, just to see the response from Pep and the Khaldoon.  

No. Think the question that needs to be asked Bob is do you think Liverpool  will be champions?

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm up to episode 2. Will sleep better tonight knowing that Sergio Aguero prefers action movies to horror movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The other thing I’ve wondered while watching the doco, is how the frig do any of the players understand what the Pep is saying regarding tactics. Have a watch when he uses the magnetic board, hundred miles an hour in broken English, which makes little sense to trained ear. It certainly appears his staff are doing the tactics behind the scenes and he is mostly being an everyday motivator. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

The other thing I’ve wondered while watching the doco, is how the frig do any of the players understand what the Pep is saying regarding tactics. Have a watch when he uses the magnetic board, hundred miles an hour in broken English, which makes little sense to trained ear. It certainly appears his staff are doing the tactics behind the scenes and he is mostly being an everyday motivator. 

I'd  agree with that. A lot of times i watch his interviews i kind of get what he's saying but not everything, but if i read what he says in his interviews i don't get it. I think we all have the ability to absorb the feeling when we don't get the words.

But don't you find klopp exactly the same as Pep? I do.

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'd  agree with that. A lot of times i watch his interviews i kind of get what he's saying but not everything, but if i read what he says in his interviews i don't get it. I think we all have the ability to absorb the feeling when we don't get the words.

But don't you find klopp exactly the same as Pep? I do.

I think they are very similar characters when it comes to man management, a huge part of the job. The instilling of belief and extracting the best from players they are masters. 

They are also both very progressive in their style of play and the science seems very exact, still wondering how they get that across based on the doco but they obviously do. Probably not wanting to show that to the world anyway. 

Both similar managers and play similar styles. 

40 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Chicog's back in the house. Next we'll have Alfie raising the old chestnut of City's academy players coming through to the first team and Carmine on nett spend. Yawn ?

Looks like Winks will feature on Sunday. ?

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Looks like Winks will feature on Sunday. ?

I think he's going to share the game time with Dembele this season because Poch will be wanting to limit Dembele's appearances to the bigger games.  Makes sense but whilst i rate Winks highly he's not a Moussa Dembele.  He's the mercurial talent in our side.

See the usual suspect is still trolling out his usual tedious garbage.......

You have to say that this was a class response:-

Pep Guardiola has been asked if he was surprised at the pressure Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is currently under, despite his reputation and managerial. Here's what he said:

"(It's) our job unfortunately. Our job depends on results. "When we win we are good, when we don't we are not good, it is simple like that.

"The important (thing) is to know the quality and I believe when you get (to) that level in the Premier League, all the managers are here because they are top, top managers."

11 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You have to say that this was a class response:-

Pep Guardiola has been asked if he was surprised at the pressure Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is currently under, despite his reputation and managerial. Here's what he said:

"(It's) our job unfortunately. Our job depends on results. "When we win we are good, when we don't we are not good, it is simple like that.

"The important (thing) is to know the quality and I believe when you get (to) that level in the Premier League, all the managers are here because they are top, top managers."

They get paid millions, it goes with the territory.  In Mourinho's case,  having spent years being smug, spiteful, sneering, full of it, he's set himself up for a fall.  Now walking out of press conferences demanding respect, telling everyone how fantastic he is at another....who could possibly want to have a pop at him and hope he fails!!!!!

And if managers do fail, don't feel sorry, just remember, nothing rewards failure like football management.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think the point is that Pep didn't use it as an opportunity to have a dig or twist the knife into Mourinho. Can't say I'd think Jose would have answered in the same way about another manager

He wouldn't and neither would any other manager in the league i can think, except for the obvious, who would use the opportunity to twist the knife.  

Pochettino was also very kind about Mourinho after the 0-3 defeat recently, you know, the one that Jose didn't lose tactically apparently!!

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'm waiting for the presser with Mourinho after a loss in which he claims he's stronger than Popeye the Sailor Man, but without spinach.

Its great isn't it, he starts off saying he didn't lose tactically, in other words the loss wasn't his fault, walks out of a press conference shouting respect and now he's telling everyone how great he is.

Perhaps one of the press corps should tell him what a prick he is too.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

He wouldn't and neither would any other manager in the league i can think, except for the obvious, who would use the opportunity to twist the knife.  

Pochettino was also very kind about Mourinho after the 0-3 defeat recently, you know, the one that Jose didn't lose tactically apparently!!

He had another swipe at Poch and Klopp yesterday in another interesting 6 minute spell at the press conference