Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'd have settled for one point before the game, so I'll try to put that Mahrez bottle rocket out of my mind.

Heck of a defensive effort from City, and came close to bossing the second half. Bernardo and Fernandinho stood out for me.

Mahrez has now missed five of his last eight penalties 

Balotelli and Yaya were brilliant penalty takers. Since then weve been a bit so so at penalties. In the current crop Gundogan has a 6 from 6 record but doesn't always start. Aguro misses. It's a problem area for us.

Bbc gave Bernardo MOM. After we weathered the first 10 mins pressure of each half i thought we were the better team and played a smart game - an unlike Pep disciplined game instead of leaving ourselves open trying to win it game like he usually does. Just read we had 51%; the lowest possession in a game under Pep.

official Dermot Gallagher has claimed that Sergio Aguero should have won a penalty for Manchester City against Liverpool.

Aguero went down under a challenge fromDejan Lovren during the first half of Sunday's Premier League fixture at Anfield, but the referee waved play on after deeming that Lovren had not fouled the Argentine.

However, Gallagher has suggested that Aguero was penalised for a desire to keep hold of the ball in the penalty area having quickly got back to his feet.

I reckon this title race will be closer than ever and arsenal will make up ground this year. They have two forwards enjoying their footy. I think they will Finnish above Spurs.  Chelsea I agree with shearer, if hazard goes awol or injured they could freefall.  Spurs I reckon will freefall. United I'm not sure about, that last win could propel them. 

As an LFC fan I'm not enjoying the footy I'm seeing but I'm pleased with where we are at on all fronts and just hope we start clicking into gear soon.

Just now, Kadilo said:

Obviously West Ham you are referring to ????

Could be you never know Manuel is a class act but if he continues to push you guys on I can see him at Chelsea for a spell. I like West ham Kadilo don't get me wrong but that manager is too good for you. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Could be you never know Manuel is a class act but if he continues to push you guys on I can see him at Chelsea for a spell. I like West ham Kadilo don't get me wrong but that manager is too good for you. 

Can’t see that all tbh. I like Pellegrini too but Chelsea are well sorted at the moment and their boss and Sarri ain’t going anywhere soon with the start he’s had. 

After which time Manuel will be retired or pushing up daisies. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

Can’t see that all tbh. I like Pellegrini too but Chelsea are well sorted at the moment and their boss and Sarri ain’t going anywhere soon with the start he’s had. 

After which time Manuel will be retired or pushing up daisies. 

Only takes a minute to to fall out of favour at the bridge. He does look settled though. I just fancy pellegrini to want another shot at the big time. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Only takes a minute to to fall out of favour at the bridge. He does look settled though. I just fancy pellegrini to want another shot at the big time. 

Yes and that’s why he joined us. I’m glad the pennies dropped! 555

edit....apologies City fans for hijacking

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

Does that include the front 3 which hasn't scored in 4 matches? 

Referring to our position in the comps. For a team which is clearly out of sync I'm very pleased. Just need the 3 lads to get it together and all should be well. 

Worth a read

The Pep commandments: how lessons learned at Bayern stymied Liverpool
Pep Guardiola went back to the basics of Cruyffism at Anfield and in doing so showed new-found flexibility and pragmatism

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/08/pep-guardiola-commandments-manchester-city-liverpool-tactics

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed link

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

And he isn't a good penalty taker really, is he!

Yeah not the best record (I think it's something like 1 in 4 misses) but he's our number one choice at taking penalties. Unfortunately he wasn't on the pitch at the time or he'd have been the one to take it. 

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah not the best record (I think it's something like 1 in 4 misses) but he's our number one choice at taking penalties. Unfortunately he wasn't on the pitch at the time or he'd have been the one to take it. 

Strange that penalty taking is City's only definable weakness!!