IOS8 slowing iphone right down

samran

I stupidly it seems updates to the new operating system on my 5c iphone (yeah I got one of those).

Two immediate problems

- the phone is sluggish freezes (never used to)

- wifi is now hopeless. Drops in and out and is slow.

Has anyone seen any work arounds?

Can I downgrsde operating systems? If so where and how?

Thanks in advance.

Having previously read about all the issues, I stuck with 7 (on 5s). Always best to hold back on these new system upgrades, at least until a few updates have been released to the 'upgrade'.

Yeah, made the mistake as a I needed to update an app which I use often and guess what?? That app needed 8.0 so I stupidly did what in never do.

I usually take you approach.

Reinstall the OS (actually probably not worth it now since 8.1 will be released today anyway and you can just install that). The 5C is plenty fast enough to run iOS 8 without any lag.

I hope they sort out these wifi problems. I'm getting them intermittently on an iPhone 6 with 8.0.2.

Try settings/reset/reset network

This worked a treat. Thanks for the tip

After that, the whole phone was alot less sluggish, though small things like the screen adjustment when turning the phone on its side does take a moment longer these days. Sometimes up to a couple of seconds. Can safely be put in the 'first world problems' basked now wifi works alot better.

Reinstall the OS (actually probably not worth it now since 8.1 will be released today anyway and you can just install that). The 5C is plenty fast enough to run iOS 8 without any lag.

I hope they sort out these wifi problems. I'm getting them intermittently on an iPhone 6 with 8.0.2.

My iPhone 5 (2012) runs great on IOS8. Battery was good before & seems even better now. Also, 8.1 update now includes the cellular 2G/3G toggle.