Pattaya To Promote Tourism After Reduction In Tourist Numbers

Rimmer

Pattaya To Promote Tourism After Reduction In Tourist Numbers

276.jpg

The number of tourists visiting Pattaya has reduced by 20 % during 9 months and continues to decrease every month, so Pattaya officials aim to promote tourism in Pattaya.

PATTAYA– October 18, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; Ms.Yuwathida Jeerapat-Pattaya spokeman- revealed that tourism during the last 9 months had decreased 20 percent (about 2 million people).

She revealed that the recession had happened because of the world economy and Thai political condition. Plus the main tourists such as Europeans and Russians had changed their holiday destinations. However there were a lot of Chinese and Indian tourists visiting Thailand. The number of Thai tourists had still decreased especially those who held seminars because the government’s policy disallowed any kind of meetings.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/pattaya-promote-tourism-reduction-tourist-numbers/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-20

Pattaya has been cutting its' own throat.

Pattaya needs to understand Westerners spending their money will not be taken for monkeys.

Prices up, crime up, traffic congestion up, infrastructure down.

Pattaya can carry on this way and will see seasonal tourists drop and drop and drop.

Chinese and Indian tourists put little into the economy.

Laughable really !!

Lol, are you sure there are no western monkeys in Pattaya?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Let the Pattaya bashing begin!

Original comment.

The topic is "Pattaya to promote tourism".

With the way Pattaya operates, it hardly "promotes" tourism.

The fact is tourism is down.

Ever wonder why ?

Pattaya needs to understand Westerners spending their money will not be taken for monkeys.

Pattaya can carry on this way and will see seasonal tourists drop and drop and drop.

Laughable really !!

Do you write rap/hip-hop songs? I sang your comment...

I spent many years working in Sales and Marketing. Thais do not understand how to attract Westerners to Thai things in general. They think with a Thai mindset, not with a Western one. So the things they stress are things Westerners are just not interested in nor attracted to. And Thais are seriously NOT interested in any advice from foreigners. A cache 22 for sure.

Catch 22, perhaps?

Anyway, many Thais appear to understand this much: sex sells.

At the end of the day, why should they think with a western mindset. They should think like Thais and be accountable to Thais, and if the tourists come for that, that's all well and good. If not, then c'est la vie. This is not Disneyland.

• Like 1

So the bottom line is that Pattaya has seen the peak of it's popularity, and is now starting a long slow decline.

People were saying that when I moved here in 1990.

I agree with a lot you say, the building is out of control, I live in Wong Amat, its going to be very bad for the roads when they all get finished.

Edited by Banzai99

Adding to all of what has already been said ... It is difficult to find a lovely young lady anymore in Pattaya sad.png Now old, fat, mean, and nasty babes make up 95% of the remaining and the price is not worth the merchandise thats for sell. Sorry but it is time to find greener pastures.

You got that right.

• Like 2

Met a Russia girl in Pattaya a few years ago. On her next holiday, she asked to meet me in Vietnam. The time after Bali. Whilst they might have Russian visitors, there isn't that much of a reason for them to return.

You can only scrape the bottom of the barrel for so long.. There is so little character left.

Just watched a world weather forecast.

Snow predicted in Moscow tonight. That should encourage a few shivering visitors..

not if they cant afford itsad.png

Natalya Lomteva scoffs at the idea of taking a trip abroad, which she calls “impossible to afford.” A 20-year-old college student, she’s more focused on scrimping together the money to fund her pack-a-day smoking habit and finding restaurants she can still afford.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2024742789_russiaharshipxml.html

Laughable really !!

agree 100%, I've been here nearly 10 years and used to go to walking street on a regular basis, it's now been over 2 years since I went near it - they started putting prices up (getting greedy) which then started the usual cycle of decrease customers numbers - increase prices plus the fact that anyone with an ounce of business sense is not allowed to set their own prices due to price fixing in the area, the result is areas like LK metro soi Diana lenky chaphum New plaza soi 7 are thriving while walking street is just that - a walking street with a serious need of a price adjustment to bring back paying customers - drinking street heading the same direction and further a field BanChang lost it a few years back again with price fixing in operation - anyone trying to break the mould will face threats and intimidation - hardly the way to run your own business when you can't set your own prices

. I have a friend has bar in drinking st you know the bars on the front u too bar etc pay 1million bt key money every year the bars at the back pay 350,000 bt its the greedy land owners that have forced the bar owners to increase the price of drinks