LPG Car on Fire in Sattahip

Rimmer

LPG Car on Fire in Sattahip

278.jpg
SATTAHIP– October 18, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 16.00 pm Pol.Lt.Pichitpong Yodpikul-inspector of Sattahip police station- was notified that a car was on fire on Sukhumwit road in front of the military barracks. After notification the police officers rushed to inspect the scene.

At the scene the officials found a green Volvo 940 se which was on fire. The incident had also affected the traffic congestion on the road. The officials spent about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire. Upon inspecting Mr.Udomsak Kongsrisaeng aged 47 the car owner, fortunately he escaped just in time.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/lpg-car-fire-sattahip/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-20

Car running on LPG, hm. A few months ago I met a European guy whose car was running on LPG, he was quite happy with it and I must confess I envied his low transport costs. But I guess if driving a car converted to LPG was safe, and lower gas costs quickly compensating the conversion investment, far more Thai people would drive LPG powered cars. There must be a zillion people in here who know more about cars than I do, would like to hear your opinions.

Well they have had some problems with LPG and fires so they started CNG or NGV. Much safer, My Thai girl has a Honda City CNG and it is pretty nice filling the NGV tank for 150 baht and getting 200 kilometers out of a tank. only down fall is there are not enough stations to fill. Still have a tank of Gasoline when the NGV runs out..

We went from Muang Chonburi to Trat and on to Koh Chang island and then back just using NGV .

Car running on LPG, hm. A few months ago I met a European guy whose car was running on LPG, he was quite happy with it and I must confess I envied his low transport costs. But I guess if driving a car converted to LPG was safe, and lower gas costs quickly compensating the conversion investment, far more Thai people would drive LPG powered cars. There must be a zillion people in here who know more about cars than I do, would like to hear your opinions.

The danger of an LPG car is if there's a leak, the LPG builds up because it's heavier than air.

Leaks are easy to detect and a properly maintained LPG system doesn't leak, so there really isn't any danger other than through owner/driver negligence.

• Like 1

far more Thai people would drive LPG powered cars ???

Most already do, even on old banger's and brand new Eco cars they still have to fill the boot with a dirty great gas tank.. ​Myself just cannot understand why.. or for that matter people that pay Millions on a Luxury car and then to save money get LPG fitted.

[had LPG 30 odd years ago, no end of problems.. even today people still have the same problems with LPG as I did over 30 years ago]

​Sure many manufactures these day do factory install CNG/NGV cars which is fine if you want to run gas. looked into buying one biggest problem is large areas in Thailand with NO CNG/NGV filling stations.

• Like 1

Really that many Thai people driving LPG powered cars? Maybe in some parts of the country, I live in Khao Lak/Phangnga, and it would be a long drive to the closest LPG station.

Here in Pattaya I would say 60% of all the cars on the road use LPG. Its only 25000 baht to install so most Thais will do it and save money on fuel. Edited by balo
  • Like 1