Koh Tao murders: Thai police 'not embarrassed' by UK probe

webfact

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

This case is getting attention for sure, because it was not in anyway similar to a standard murder, if one can use such a phrase (which one can!). It was a barbaric rape and butchery, with a head sliced open, and as soon as you can possibly comprehend that, then you might get a possible idea as to why this case has gathered worldwide attention. Did Dahmer or did the Bulger case gather so much attention? Yes they did, because such butchery is insane and involves psychotic people (many of whom assume it is normal and accepted behaviour if one is brought up dominating areas with wealth and the local powers one owns (buys). To find the perpretrators such as the Bulger case, Dahmer and many more involved scrutinised and accurate DNA, all using Western technology, and it didn't take long to locate them, once honestly identified DNA was proven..

Why on earth would you think the British family is politically connected, because their local MP and all the world's media took it to a higher level? Do you have one iota of what Western justice is about, or are you desperate for some attention.

You're above response sound like your user name - a bitterbatter - obv you don't like British fish and chips with vinegar, served from a newspaper.

As for your 'investigators here secretly'....... hum..... I hope you do not teach social studies. I, in fact, hope you are not British, after such harsh comments about why the case got attention, or the family are politically connected. Those 2 comments alone are enough to make many want to be xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png .

• Like 2

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

So the police consider this case closed?

There is "0" chance of additional suspects?

These two Burmese kids did the hole thing by themselves?

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

As soon as you place anything detrimental on Trip adviser ...they remove themrolleyes.gif Defeats the object really.

You can put stuff on TA if you are within the guidelines. Specificity, factualness, non-personal attacks etc. etc. It is easy to write a review that will stick.

• Like 1

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

you are confused.its not the victims family to be connected politically.its the suspects family....one of the 3 called killers by CSI LA has been pictured with Suthep

• Like 1

They should not only be embarrassed by by UK probe, but by the whole way they have screwed up the whole case to protect the "untouchables"bah.gif

They are truly an embarrassment not only for Thailand, but for anyone working as police anywhere in the world!!

Rather alike the case involving that young Australian woman in Patong who was actually jailed for reporting the crime of rape here on Phuket, yet was vilified by all online farang media here.

I have no personal interest other than shame on the local media besmirching this particular victim's testimony/name, and, in particular PW, who published an inconsequential inflammatory FB pic of her.

You all could have paved a way to truth and justice here regarding these ongoing crimes against 'farang'. Male and female. But you didn't. And look what happened AND keeps happening. Forget the bloody emoticon. Nothing changes unless YOU all speak out, Thai and farang alike.

Edited by jpeg
  • Like 1

How come Thai Visa itself are allowing so many critical comments of the Royal Thai Police to remain. I thought deliberate criticism was frowned upon no matter what the merits of this case ??

Pic a nomencular. Shill or just plain ignorant?

I think you may have lived in Thailand too long...

• Like 1

"Nevertheless, Pol.Lt. Prawut added that Thai police will conduct any additional investigations per request from the British officers to "clarify any issues they don't understand."

so if the uk police requests the dna from Nom Sod,RTP will provide it?

from the way the OP is worded that does not seem to be the case, it appears the UK can ask for the DNA to be retested but will play no role in the testing

If I was the legal council for the accused I would be asking for samples of the original DNA from the bodies so that I could carry out my own tests, the UK authorities should have carried out their own autopsies on the bodies once they were returned to the UK then all they would need are DNA samples from the accused, they could also exhume the body with the parents permission and retest

"Nevertheless, Pol.Lt. Prawut added that Thai police will conduct any additional investigations per request from the British officers to "clarify any issues they don't understand."

from the way the OP is worded that does not seem to be the case, it appears the UK can ask for the DNA to be retested but will play no role in the testing

If I was the legal council for the accused I would be asking for samples of the original DNA from the bodies so that I could carry out my own tests, the UK authorities should have carried out their own autopsies on the bodies once they were returned to the UK then all they would need are DNA samples from the accused, they could also exhume the body with the parents permission and retest

I've mentioned before but I read that there are in fact no places in Thailand that have internationally recognised credentials for doing DNA testing - is this correct?

The problem now is that everyone thinks the murderers may have got away scot free and could well be still lurking around on that island.

Tourists should boycott the place completely until there is some confidence the culprits are behind bars. The usual Thai way of simply saying what you want people to believe does not work with farang.

These cops coming over are "not investigating" they are "observing". Why don't you people get that! No new investigation......review what they did that is it. The court will decide if the RTP did it right or not. If they collected the DNA from the rake and the victims correctly and sent it for analysis and then later found subjects matching that DNA it is all over. Forget the alleged torture....they should have had their b@lls kicked in anyway.

Thai Police have made so many conflicting statements in media during their investigation that there is no way they can be embarrassed by anything any more.

This situation is called: 'We have any answer to any question'.

Another possibility is: 'They are so highly qualified that they can solve any mystery without any resources, evidence or witnesses'.

I am proud of our Police!

Edited by ABCer

Well connected, really. They are not. The UK are responding to an outcry from social media.

• Like 2

If the officers coming down here are not STRONGLY supported politically/diplomatically (however quite it may be in terms of public statements) they will go nowhere. The amount of such political/diplomatic pressure will have a HUGE influence on the possible outcome. But that for sure the British government knows full well, let's just hope the have their battle plan drawn up...

Edited by TTom911
  • Like 1

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

As soon as you place anything detrimental on Trip adviser ...they remove themrolleyes.gif Defeats the object really.

Negligent behaviour on behalf of trip advisor. Will they be held accountable for the next death on the island then for failing to allow appropriate warnings. I will no longer be referring to trip advisor anymore.

• Like 1

just one thing needs to be done otherwise it will not make any difference if the UK police are here or not

Number 1 - The UK police need to take their own DNA samples of the suspects to match it with the DNA found on the bodies which the UK police has.

Simple...and the uk police should be able to do this. They should also make a formal request to be able to do this...if refused then you know 100% that something is wrong. In the uk in DNA checks can be requested and independently done by any party if they request so. So stop them doing this would be sure sign of a cover up.

The tests here were not done independently.....the results were done independently but the samples came from the Thai police....plenty of time to frame, falsify evidence. The whole process needs to be done independently, simple as that.

That wont work if the bodies were sanitized before repatriation.

• Like 1

Well connected, really. They are not. The UK are responding to an outcry from social media.

Such comments really are humorous. I have seen such comments when families and friends push for justice in many unjust situations and have small wins along the way. That the families are clearly well connected. What a load of hogwash. Again. Occasional small wins in the right direction has nothing to do with being connected. Look to the people that actually are getting away with this if you wish to espouse such claptrap.

• Like 1

Negligent behaviour on behalf of trip advisor. Will they be held accountable for the next death on the island then for failing to allow appropriate warnings. I will no longer be referring to trip advisor anymore.

1. there are never "enough" statements posted, are there...!?

2. someone shall count and document the new posts made and if/when removed (yes, fighting for justice is a bitter one, this tedious work is just one tiny example...)

3. the "metrics" gathered above can make interesting, yet to "some" rather unwelcome reading, once posted on sites where they can not so easily "cleanse the world of misdeeds..."

4. of course, that can/should be accompanied by "friendly" communication, giving them a chance to explain their position, because "intimidation" or "harassment" is NOT what is intended, but what might be intended is allowing justified public opinion to be heard...

It's just one of many such things which needs to be in the arsenal to be and stay being heard...

yes, it's tedious, laborious, never sure of the outcome/effect, we could all live without, but...

Edited by TTom911