Koh Tao murders: Thai police 'not embarrassed' by UK probe

webfact

Shouldn't be too hard for these clowns to doctor the evidence, no?

After a week or three the Brits go home, convinced that their Thai counterparts have been upfront and truthful with them, while those 2 Brmese boys either rot in a cell or ''commit suicide'' somewhere along the way.

Does anyone really believe the BIB will allow British authorities to overturn their findings in this case? Not bloody likely!

So what's the plan, then? Anything constructive would be welcome.

It just seems to me that by now the Thai police have been able to doctor/fix the evidence any way they see fit, so that by the time the Brits look it all over it will be perfect.

You really think they are going to willingly show them any evidence which does NOT support their case 100%? I don't know what 'the plan' is, I don't work for CSI, but being truthful and upfront is not part of it!

I'm sure you're right in your sentiments, but wrong in your assumptions. Or, at least, those assumptions may not be the reality. Be patient. Wait and see what transpires.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

I think 100,000 people signing a petition for a free and fair investigation had something to do with it. The tories are short of positives so this looks like a good vote catcher. I can't imagine they would have pressed for this unless Scotland Yard felt they could actually achieve something (face is not limited to Thailand), so I am hoping they will make a difference.

Whatever the expats feel, there are some capable people of integrity within the Royal Thai Police. I would be interested to know exactly what they are expecting, and how far they will let the visitors go.

Many good points I have read not only here but on other sites & now our British Police is involved it won't take them long to find the cover up that has been orchestrated by the RTP . If they refuse their findings our Government should & will impose a Travel warning to all of its Citizens & also to impliment trade restrictions for them to finally realise people have had enough of extortion, Mafia, Murder, lies ect ect ... The people have spoken so Thailand has to listen otherwise their saving face system will bring misery & no riches to them .... Som Nun Na Muk ....

An open forum like TV certainly attracts an unusual crowd. The petition brought results, lets hope truth will prevail soon, and all those fomenting lies and scurrilous actions suffer the consequences in this or another "open forum".

@thetitan99

You are one of the very few posters that actually lives on KT. What's the universal feeling on the island? Do most residents believe that the Burmese suspects are the perpetrators of this horrific crime?

Here is what thetitan99 posted on the 23rd Sept:

"Until they start DNA testing the rich, influential land owners relations (which will never happen) this will remain unsolved. Somebody has a relative they know has done this kind of thing before who suddenly left Koh Tao last Monday morning but is covering up for them. Most likely waiting it out in Phangan or Samui."

So according to this he knows who it is, please out this guy titan

His latest post has been removed and replies. Bit of a 180 to go from the 23rd Sept post to today`s berating us for hurting his business on KT. Wonder if it is GT Adventures who continue to tell folk on Tripadvisor that KT is safe. Business must be bad or have influential persons had a chat with him.

• Like 2

@thetitan99

You are one of the very few posters that actually lives on KT. What's the universal feeling on the island? Do most residents believe that the Burmese suspects are the perpetrators of this horrific crime?

Here is what thetitan99 posted on the 23rd Sept:

"Until they start DNA testing the rich, influential land owners relations (which will never happen) this will remain unsolved. Somebody has a relative they know has done this kind of thing before who suddenly left Koh Tao last Monday morning but is covering up for them. Most likely waiting it out in Phangan or Samui."

So according to this he knows who it is, please out this guy titan

His latest post has been removed and replies. Bit of a 180 to go from the 23rd Sept post to today`s berating us for hurting his business on KT. Wonder if it is GT Adventures who continue to tell folk on Tripadvisor that KT is safe. Business must be bad or have influential persons had a chat with him.

No sympathy for him, if he knows something he should report it, otherwise he is just as involved in the cover up as everybody else. Just goes to show everybody on Koh Tao does know who it is. IT HAS TO BE BOYCOTTED

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

I think 100,000 people signing a petition for a free and fair investigation had something to do with it. The tories are short of positives so this looks like a good vote catcher. I can't imagine they would have pressed for this unless Scotland Yard felt they could actually achieve something (face is not limited to Thailand), so I am hoping they will make a difference.

Whatever the expats feel, there are some capable people of integrity within the Royal Thai Police. I would be interested to know exactly what they are expecting, and how far they will let the visitors go.

There are no votes in this, and the petition wasn't some huge headline over here. I go with the Embassy having been involved a little and stating back to the foreign office that the process was a mess. Its fairly rare for them to call in a foreign envoy in London after all.

Yes, thanks Xpat Girl. Many links also on Andy Hall`s twitter. He retweets:

"The Burmese Suspects in murder of British tourists were beaten by police. Thai human rights commission said Monday." So they are to investigate further.

http://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

• Like 1

Agreed!! m doing the same !!

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

So the police consider this case closed?

There is "0" chance of additional suspects?

These two Burmese kids did the hole thing by themselves?

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

so does it mean if a thai ppl should be murdered in england in the future, thai police will have the right to go to england to investigate?

They wouldn't put themselves through the humiliation, so I shouldn't be concerned about that scenario ginkgo. They can't deal with an investigation on their OWN soil.

Let's not over complicate things now! :)

• Like 1

Agreed!! m doing the same !!

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

I get so pi@@*d off just thinking about the times my misses has gone with her girlfriends to these islands for some fun in the sun. I have put her in harms way and seems I am fortunate that nothing has happened to her. Frankly I am quite miffed about the cover up the corruption the reach of these families to say the least. If my misses had ended in a tangle with them I am now acutely aware she would have come out worse for it whilst the coppers would be heading to the ATM machines.

Never again will she be heading that way. Out of bounds for our family. No question about it.

• Like 2

Why stop at the islands. Why not a complete Thailand boycott?

Edited by mdmayes
  • Like 2

As soon as you place anything detrimental on Trip adviser ...they remove themrolleyes.gif Defeats the object really.

Not true. Take a look at In Touch and AC Bar on Koh Tao in Tripadvisor. It's worth a giggle.

They're getting hammered, good.

so does it mean if a thai ppl should be murdered in england in the future, thai police will have the right to go to england to investigate?

Same as with the Koh Tao case.

When the British police mess up everything, do not investigate the main suspect and work with scapegoats.

Of course then the Thai police might be allowed to observe after the PMs agree

https://m.facebook.com/CSILA90210?_rdrl

l

looks as if the two were really tortured.

Niran Pitakwatchara, chairman of the NHRC's sub-commission on civil and political rights, said his forensic team found that the Burmese was torture and abused. The torture include chest beating and suffocation using plastic bag. Dr. Niran also requested X -RAy examination for further analysis.

From Astv

Edited by chrischronic
  • Like 2

How come Thai Visa itself are allowing so many critical comments of the Royal Thai Police to remain. I thought deliberate criticism was frowned upon no matter what the merits of this case ??

Pic a nomencular. Shill or just plain ignorant?

Feel free to let us know what you're banging on about.....

First time seen that the murder of backpackers got so much popularity. Isn't?.... Or may be they are not just backpackers.......who knows!. May be there some agencies are involved

The whole worlds involved, because nobody likes such an injustice, as this clearly is.

• Like 1