Koh Tao murders: Thai police 'not embarrassed' by UK probe

webfact

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time seen that the murder of backpackers got so much popularity. Isn't?.... Or may be they are not just backpackers.......who knows!. May be there some agencies are involved

Have you escaped from the bottle,or just been on it.<deleted>.

• Like 1

First time seen that the murder of backpackers got so much popularity. Isn't?.... Or may be they are not just backpackers.......who knows!. May be there some agencies are involved

Troll alert. Yawn.

so does it mean if a thai ppl should be murdered in england in the future, thai police will have the right to go to england to investigate?

Sure they would be more than welcome.

But what reason would the British police have for trying to cover up the murder of a Thai national?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I expect the UK police will be locked up as soon as they comment once here, "for working without a work permit".

They will probably enter under diplomatic passports - issued solved.

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

So the police consider this case closed?

There is "0" chance of additional suspects?

These two Burmese kids did the hole thing by themselves?

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

Please also warn people there are murderers and rapists in America!

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

sure but they will be arrested no matter how rich they are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Strauss-Kahn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_v._Strauss-Kahn

Edited by metisdead

A derogatory post about Thai people has been removed.

Forum rule 11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

It may have excaped some of your contributors in Thailand and elsewhere that a petition of more than 100,000 people was raised to force David Cameron to raise the matter of the strange practices of the Royal Thai Police not least the parading of so-called "suspects" in full public gaze for a "reconstruction" on the beach. This practise - completely unlawful in all western systems of law is not only ridiculous but lazy and prejudicial. How can this preclude a "fair" trial????

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

The British families are not connected. This getting so much attention because the world can see that the investigators are corrupt and they can't even cover up a coverup.
  • Like 1

Yes like every country in the world, and if there were possibly one running around a small island in any country it might be wise to stay away until he's caught.

If you look at the photos of Nomsod supposedly taken in Bangkok (I saw them on the CSI LA Facebook page), you'll notice something rather strange: from 09:16:39 to 09:16:40 he has the opposite foot forward, meaning he has taken one or three steps. If it's one, he's moved at least a meter per step, so he'd have to be gliding at high speed like a Tibetan qi-gong master across the floor to do that. Otherwise, he's taking very short fast strides. Possible if he's hurrying, but he's very upright, and even leaning a bit back, so doesn't seem to have the body position of someone hurrying. If you put the two frames together, one second between them seems odd. Comments? I'm happy to stand corrected but wonder if this is a clue to the authenticity of the time stamp.

Meanwhile look at the similarities between him and the CCTV image, it's a dead ringer.

JD or any other naysayers, care to weigh in, not with rhetorical sand in the eyes, but with something concrete debunking this?

Troll alert. Yawn.

It took 6 replies before someone called it out. Please don't feed the trolls.

(I'd add please don't engage the shills but that seems like a lost cause)

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

They should not only be embarrassed by by UK probe, but by the whole way they have screwed up the whole case to protect the "untouchables"bah.gif

They are truly an embarrassment not only for Thailand, but for anyone working as police anywhere in the world!!

Rather alike the case involving that young Australian woman in Patong who was actually jailed for reporting the crime of rape here on Phuket, yet was vilified by all online farang media here.

I have no personal interest other than shame on the local media besmirching this particular victim's testimony/name, and, in particular PW, who published an inconsequential inflammatory FB pic of her.

You all could have paved a way to truth and justice here regarding these ongoing crimes against 'farang'. Male and female. But you didn't. And look what happened AND keeps happening. Forget the bloody emoticon. Nothing changes unless YOU all speak out, Thai and farang alike.

Well said and this is why some of these relentless defenders of the farcical frame-up get my goat. They really appear to have little to no concern for the victims--you can't read any such in their comments. Cold-blooded (but still flawed) analysis. As if no one suffered. It's contemptible.

• Like 1

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

Do you think it might be something to do with the murder being mentioned all around the world, the more than 100,000 signatures on change.org or the almost 350,000 likes that the CSI LA facebook page has got. If you're thinking the victim's family may be very connected politically you might be a bit out of touch with the way things work in England or Jersey.

Richard is 100% right, and what bitterbatter doesn't understand is that (unlike Thailand) you do not have to be "connected" to get (or escape) justice.

Correct, in the UK issues can be "highlighted" in political circles with enough signatures.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/how-it-works

NO agencies involved. We all know the raping of women thai and foreign,intimidation of locals and beating up males thai and foreign, has been happening for many years.

We know this is not the first time.

We know it is not the last time.

Thai and foreigner want it stopped.

• Like 1

Quote : The UK government says its delegates will focus on two issues: whether forensic tests implicate the Burmese suspects as claimed by the Thai police, and whether the suspects have been mistreated while in police custody.

Could it be phrased more clearly ? The UK guys are not here to investigate the murders, they are here to investigate the investigation.

That the local force should feel the need, at this stage, to shout urbi et orbi how unembarassed they are indicates beyond doubt how embarassed they are.

• Like 1

alot of drugs comes through his island. do you think he makes his money from drunk tourist? rent? untouchables? no one is untouchable. nobody need to go to the island. and it will still make money from drug sales in bkk. .. cut this first.

it will be a "battle of wills"... what they want and how they will proceed until ALL the way through is totally clear from their openly displayed conduct... they will come up with new stories and possibly pull new rabbits out of the hat on a daily basis, obstructing any "cooperation" where ever they can, no doubt in my mind...

it will all depend how determined the British delegation will be and how much support they have back home to be allowed, WITHIN the bounds of professional conduct of course, to "put up a fight"... there will be absolutely no meaningful addition to the Thai official statements without it ...

I don't envy the officers coming down here... wish them luck and hope they have the resolve, determination and support they will SURELY need...

Perhaps you mean well, but I believe you're fresh off the boat. The World and his wife already knows what happened and who are and aren't guilty huh.png

And that is a big part of the problem. Created, in part by various police "sources" supposedly leaking all sorts of stories and wild theories to the press. The accuracy of reporting what was actually said and the accuracy of translating are not things the Thai press are known for. Wild theories about jealous homosexual farangs, must be the Burmese migrant workers, must be Rohinga's, cannot be Thai (which has been often misquoted from what the guy actually said), misleading comments about DNA, statements Thais would be arrested in 3 days, apparently doctored CCTV footage, then the footballers, a uncorroborated report of attempted perversion of justice by a taxi driver, the dubious now changed comments from a drunken convicted pedophile, the appearance of sites on social media claiming to know the killers - although no actual evidence, all based on conspiracy theories and an apparent healthy dislike for certain Thai people / families - could this be rival families stirring up trouble, or those with their own agenda?

The local island police were obviously clueless about what to do and how to handle a crime like this. The allowed all sorts of people to wander the crime scene, posted crime scene photos on social media and did the usual Thai trick of trying to blame anybody quickly, without any work or logic to support it. Just to get it off their desks to somebody else. Apparent leads, possible suspects, have simply been ignored, not followed up or not reported on.

So no, I don't think the world and his wife really do know what actually happened and who was involved in this very gruesome, brutal murder.

What is evident, is a number of people have read about this buggers muddle of a cocked up investigation and decided who they would like to be guilty. The Thais, as usual, simply want it all to go away as quickly as possible and have no interest in actually seeing justice served no matter how long it takes, how much hard work is involved or what the results are. They can't be bothered, and in a country where "justice" and the rule of law depends on your bank balance, connections and family name before anything else, is that surprising.

The only good sign is the growing discontent with the corrupt justice system by so many Thai people.

In reality, we can only make assumption based on all the above. But that's all they are assumptions.

Hopefully, the British police officers who come will be able to find more. But somehow, the Thais will stonewall, give completely irrelevant answers, change the subject, say cannot whenever they like and allow no unsupervised actions. They have already made their mind up - perfect investigation, case closed.

• Like 1

They will be embarrassed if this is the truth

So anybody think this could be more like the truth?

A massage from Koh Tao Burmese community

First of all, Thanks a million to CSI LA and fellow Thai friends for standing up for the Justice.

Some Burmese people in Koh Tao whispered that the murder was not happened on the beach, it was happened in the guest house where British couple were staying.

According to them, Nomsod and his fellow gangsters have harassed and molested the British girl in AC Bar and got fight with the girl, when the British girl has gone back to the guest house after fight, they followed and killed the boyfriend, raped the girl and killed her too. Altogether 5 people, Nomsod and 4 Thai Gangsters (one of them was rumored as a Thai policeman) who worked for his father were involved in the murder. After the murder, they carried the bodies to the beach which is 50 meters away from the guest house, staged as a couple were having sex on the beach and killed on the beach.

Two Burmese boys accused were also workers of one of Nomsod's father's businesses on the island, and they were playing a guitar on the beach when Nomsod and his gangsters carrying bodies, and Burmese workers were also asked to helped them carry the bodies too. Two Burmese have to do it because they scared of Nomsod and his gang and his father too. Which mean their DNA can be found on the bodies too. Which make them a perfect scapegoats.

The whole Koh Tao community knows about what really happened that night but everybody were scared of Nomsod's family and their gangsters and also the police thus nobody dare to speak out, Koh Tao Burmese were saying its not a secret that Nomsod family is making millions of bath for Thai police every month from many different illegal businesses on the island, and this case too, there was also a rumor that every Thai policeman involved in this case were already bribed handsomely by the Nomsod family.

The whole point of a message is to inform the Scotland Yard Police to focus on Nomsad and his thugs, AC Bar, Guest House, Sperm DNA inside the British Girl's womb and find a match. Not to trust on the 'murdered on the beach' fairy tale and tempered evidences and CCTVs on the whole island that are under the Nomsod's family influence.