Koh Tao murders: Thai police 'not embarrassed' by UK probe

webfact

"Nevertheless, Pol.Lt. Prawut added that Thai police will conduct any additional investigations per request from the British officers to "clarify any issues they don't understand."

so if the uk police requests the dna from Nom Sod,RTP will provide it?

Safer if he provides it himself in front of said officers.

• Like 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who initially set up the first petition, should now set up another, getting the UK investigators to get the DNA from that little s%^t bag Nom Sod (physically). That little chicken sh&t who ran away like a scared little mouse and who the police never DNA tested. They also need to get Sean to come in and give a proper statement without hiding anything. I firmly believe he knows something and the blood splatter on his guitar suggest he was there. As I have mentioned many many times on here the UK don't need the Thai police to check the DNA in Hannah against that of the accused. They already have Hannah's body back in the UK and the family of the accused can provide DNA by simply giving to the UK investigators, a hairbrush or toothbrush that the accused has used. The UK investigators don't really need the Thai police for anything.

They will need them to reopen the investigation, which is like trying to break into Fort Knox, IF they produce counter-evidence to support the B2's innocence. And if that scenario is factual and is reported to the Thai PM, I wouldn't bank on any agreement.

Ha! Don't be silly laugh.png

Civilization gives not a wit, nay, any credence whatsoever, to this ridiculous little country. FACT! w00t.gif

it will be a "battle of wills"... what they want and how they will proceed until ALL the way through is totally clear from their openly displayed conduct... they will come up with new stories and possibly pull new rabbits out of the hat on a daily basis, obstructing any "cooperation" where ever they can, no doubt in my mind...

it will all depend how determined the British delegation will be and how much support they have back home to be allowed, WITHIN the bounds of professional conduct of course, to "put up a fight"... there will be absolutely no meaningful addition to the Thai official statements without it ...

I don't envy the officers coming down here... wish them luck and hope they have the resolve, determination and support they will SURELY need...

The English police don't 'need' it. They are already well aware they will be dealing with backwoods peasants dressed up in tight brown trousers playing at being 'law enforcement'. They've also most certainly been briefed how to try not to hurt these hillbillies' feelings.

• Like 2

The arrival of UK authorities will not affect the credibility of the Thai police in any way, a spokesperson of the Royal Thai Police said in a press conference yesterday. So why did the UK police come here for to bring up TATs total for people going to Koh Tao or to look through the facts on the case regarding the two murdered Brits and if the Thai police have done everything correctly I am sure no one will be critical of them and in fact if this is the real murderers they have arrested they might get some praise for a change.

I see the Human Rights Commission is calling some officers in. Here is a quote from Drummond's website:

"The HRC has now it says received 'credible information' on torture and next Monday will call officers who were working on the ground to give evidence."

I do hope that these investigators have read through the different reports about this on Thaivisa, as I just did for the first time. It should be very easy to conclude that the original DNA evidence is not conclusive.

Was the victim's bodies sent away before the mass DNA testing was done two weeks later? DNA can be planted, but not easy to do before you have suspects in mind. Could any evidence with DNA be truly reliable since the most likely suspect, the ex-headman of the village's son, had the connections to get DNA planted with someone else's blood or cigarette butts. Only if there was DNA from the burmese suspects found on or in the victims body, and the body was sent out of the country before the DNA testing of the people on the island was done, only then could this evidence be conclusive.

I hate to be cynical but I think at best that could be hoped for is to prove the innocence of the two Burmese, if they are innocent. But, the Police Head stated numerous times over the last few weeks that any foreign investigation will not have any influence on the case and it sounds like they are prepared to make any outside evidence inadmissable at this point.

So, the only hope at this point for the real killer to be caught is keep applying social media pressure to both sides of this political fence. There were many locals from the island who stated that the village chief's son was definitely the murderer, The police then stated that they were looking for him, but within less than 24 hours this suspect was said to be clear of any possible guilt, although there was not evidence to conclusively prove his alibi to be true. Did he get DNA tested? If they never took a DNA sample from him then you can be sure that he probably did do it, and it was a cover-up. This would be very important to check. Will these British investigators get a sample of his DNA directly from him? Since he is the most likely suspect by many things I have read in this forum, then to check his family's bank accounts for large unusual withdrawals.

If you agree with these conclusions then I hope that some of you can but social media pressure on The British Agency these investigators are from to answer these questions. Because if they don't answer them then the people will not buy any conclusions that don't seriously address how the Thai Police investigation is based on a very flimsy amount of evidence. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OF PUTTING PRESSURE ON GETTING THE TRUTH! There is still hope that we may get some real answers, and I hope that we do.

• Like 2

If there's a Columbo "gotcha" moment that destroys the RTP's case, the Junta may fall.

Huge stakes here.

Huge, yes. If there is a "gotcha" moment (thought we`d had a few near misses already) we probably wont hear about it. The court will impose reporting restrictions, bar the British press and not hear any evidence if accused are `persuaded` by their captors to plead guilty in court. Only a few selected foreign observers will be allowed in court.

Still could be a ticking time bomb for those in power. See link

http://nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Koh-Tao-case-a-time-bomb-for-Thailands-reputation-30245085-html

• Like 1

Moreover, the Thai police are no longer involved in the investigation anymore because they have already finished the case file and sent it to the public prosecutor, Pol.Lt. Prawut said.

So the police consider this case closed?

There is "0" chance of additional suspects?

These two Burmese kids did the hole thing by themselves?

I would never consider bringing my family to that island, most likely there are still murderers/rapists on that island.

I will be going to every single travel website I can comment on and warn people of the danger they are in if they go to KT, as well as KP and Samui just for the fact they are in close proximity. I would encourage everybody to do the same.

As soon as you place anything detrimental on Trip adviser ...they remove themrolleyes.gif Defeats the object really.

Not true. Take a look at In Touch and AC Bar on Koh Tao in Tripadvisor. It's worth a giggle.

Anybody know for sure why this case is getting so much attention? The fact that the PM Cameron requested personally makes me that the victim's family must be very connected politically. I have never seen a murder of a farang get this much focus. But it does sound like the court case is pretty set in stone and they don't even say if any new evidence can be brought to the court by these investigators... Also thinking that maybe these investigators are already here secretly, not yet revealing themselves to the authority.

Perhaps not murdered Britions in Thailand, but from time to time there have been cases worldwide that have received quite a bit of attention.

But I think the difference this time is the use of social media. Previously, once mainstream media lost focus on a case, which inevitably they normally do, then cases tend to fade from the public eye.

Oh, one more thing, a fairly consistent flow of, frankly, stupid announcements from the RTP, provided ample fare for the mainstream media to keep the case high profile.

The deceased family having political connection, erm, don't think so.

Like I said before here...for the Thai Police the case is CLOSE, and looks like the UK Police will not have any chance to interview the suspects or take DNA material..just looking at the file. Very sad...because those guys may be really scapegoats, or hidden information about other people involved.

Can Somebody put together a video that shows all the twists and turns of this investigation and puts it on youtube? It needs to get out there, simply because this is a great opportunity to put pressure on the Thai Police to clean house and shape up! Especially if a version of a video is made with an alternative Thai narrations. All you would need to do is go through the different reports posted as they came out from many sources and posted here. I know many good Thai people that would be furious about this if they knew the many facts that didn't make the six o'clock news. Most Thai's know just how corrupt some of the police are, but feel powerless to change anything. Social media pressure is our best hope.

Like I said before here...for the Thai Police the case is CLOSE, and looks like the UK Police will not have any chance to interview the suspects or take DNA material..just looking at the file. Very sad...because those guys may be really scapegoats, or hidden information about other people involved.

I guess in this case the Brits will not be quiet but make it very known worldwide that Thai police is obviously hiding something. Don't you think so?

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

"The Thai police haven't lost any credibility"

Correct, as they have none to lose

next time you have any problem, call KFC. see how that works for you.

Should be ok if the problem is that I'm hungry.

For any other problem, there are a number of people I might call, friends, family, ambulance etc, but strangely the BIB isn't on the list.

The last time I had anything to do with them, I went to the police station at 2am because I had disturbed burglars as they broke into my house. Having woken up the policeman on duty who was asleep on a couch, he told me to come back in the morning. The next time I called my brother in law who was round in 5 minutes complete with a rifle.

I discount my numerous dealings with the bib involving the payment of traffic fines for non existant transgressions.

• Like 2

Submitted to the prosecutor in the original perfect 850 page police dossier or in the revised perfecter 300 page one

"While clearly something is not right about this investigation from day 1, we can only speculate what evidence to support the various crime charges was submitted to the prosecutor."

stephen terry #80

Edited by heyexile

Shouldn't be too hard for these clowns to doctor the evidence, no?

After a week or three the Brits go home, convinced that their Thai counterparts have been upfront and truthful with them, while those 2 Brmese boys either rot in a cell or ''commit suicide'' somewhere along the way.

Does anyone really believe the BIB will allow British authorities to overturn their findings in this case? Not bloody likely!

After a week or three the Brits go home, convinced that their Thai counterparts have been upfront and truthful with them, while those 2 Brmese boys either rot in a cell or ''commit suicide'' somewhere along the way.

Does anyone really believe the BIB will allow British authorities to overturn their findings in this case? Not bloody likely!

So what's the plan, then? Anything constructive would be welcome.

• Like 1

@thetitan99

You are one of the very few posters that actually lives on KT. What's the universal feeling on the island? Do most residents believe that the Burmese suspects are the perpetrators of this horrific crime?

Here is what thetitan99 posted on the 23rd Sept:

"Until they start DNA testing the rich, influential land owners relations (which will never happen) this will remain unsolved. Somebody has a relative they know has done this kind of thing before who suddenly left Koh Tao last Monday morning but is covering up for them. Most likely waiting it out in Phangan or Samui."

So according to this he knows who it is, please out this guy titan

• Like 1

"The Thai police haven't lost any credibility"

Correct, as they have none to lose

next time you have any problem, call KFC. see how that works for you.

That's right. I have had many dealings with the thai police and they have always tried to be kind and helpful.

Truth be known , when we are in trouble we all turn to the police. Their services for 10,000 baht a month salary, is quite good.

I would not want to be without them.

@thetitan99

You are one of the very few posters that actually lives on KT. What's the universal feeling on the island? Do most residents believe that the Burmese suspects are the perpetrators of this horrific crime?

Here is what thetitan99 posted on the 23rd Sept:

"Until they start DNA testing the rich, influential land owners relations (which will never happen) this will remain unsolved. Somebody has a relative they know has done this kind of thing before who suddenly left Koh Tao last Monday morning but is covering up for them. Most likely waiting it out in Phangan or Samui."

So according to this he knows who it is, please out this guy titan

@thetitan99 - or even if you can't for certain (obvious) reasons, then at least leak some information (anonymously) to CSI LA. I'm very certain that there are more than a few domestic and international observers on that FB page.

At the end of the day, the most important issue here is that real criminals are caught and punished in accordance with the law, be them Burmese, Thai, farang or or others.

So what's the plan, then? Anything constructive would be welcome.

It just seems to me that by now the Thai police have been able to doctor/fix the evidence any way they see fit, so that by the time the Brits look it all over it will be perfect.

You really think they are going to willingly show them any evidence which does NOT support their case 100%? I don't know what 'the plan' is, I don't work for CSI, but being truthful and upfront is not part of it!

• Like 1

What I understand is they will try hard not to allow the Brits overturn their findings.

But I'm not sure if they will succeed