AirAsia kicks man off flight for carry-on rage (VIDEO)

webfact

Moron

Why? Most of the Thais travel with overweight and, especially, oversized hand luggage. Why did they have to pick on this fellow?

Just a usual AirAsia rubbish. Luckily they are on the losing end as the Nokair and Lionair are gathering grounds.

So you think all folk should get away with it...?

Air Asia are cheap skates that don't pay for booking their runway slot. If they are delayed they may have to wait many hours , 4 hours (IIRC) in the case of my wifes cousin on the plane.

4 hours wait for the whole plane or just turn a blind eye to one overweight bag ?

Horrible company that just find hidden ways after hidden ways to add to the cost. I felt the same travelling with them the one and only time I did. bah.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oversized and multiple bags is way more important to me than a couple of Kg over the limit. My regulation roll-on cabin bag weighs nearly 7Kg just with my laptop in it.

Nothing worse than having to put you bag way down the isle because some selfish people have 2 or 3 bags with them.

• Like 2

The guy is perfectly right, and even remains polite ( if any of you can understand Thai, you would hear that as well ) .

If handluggage is overweight, they should not have let him pass, and give him a chance to get rid of some of his stuff.

Unfair to let anyone board a plane, and then check again, Make someone lose face, and what else is he supposed to do then ?

Sure would be more angry than him, and would not 'khrapom' to anyone of the air asia staff !

Oversized and multiple bags is way more important to me than a couple of Kg over the limit. My regulation roll-on cabin bag weighs nearly 7Kg just with my laptop in it.

Nothing worse than having to put you bag way down the isle because some selfish people have 2 or 3 bags with them.

Good news for you John,

An AA passenger is allowed to carry:

- one cabin- bag with a maximum weight of 7 kg PLUS

- a small handbag (usually for the women) or a laptop bag

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/baggage-info/cabin-baggage.page?gclid=CJrTmOSCvcECFQaTjgodn7sALw

Of course.......the 2 together will weigh more than 7 kgs, probably up to 12 or 13 kg, BUT that doesn't allow you to carry ONE bag weighing 12 kgs as cabin-luggage......matter of policy and safety

I travel with a laptop bag that weighs in at over 13 kilo, the laptop and power brick alone weigh over 7 I was challenged once and when I removed the laptop and power supply they realised I could never get it below 7kilo and there was no way the laptop was going into checked baggage so they abandoned any challenge they were thinking, I travel light no other bags or luggage only - happened once in over 60 flights

If a bag fits in the overhead locker what's the problem = I've seen people boarding flights with two small cases and a pile of other %%%%% unchallenged

In saying that this guy should have been arrested and thrown off the plane and banned from travel - a rude mouth piece

55,you travel light with a 13k laptop bag.So what's the other 6k if laptop is 7k.The problem is if we all had your laptop on a full plane we would be 1200 kilo +heavier and we will overshoot the runway or fall in the sea through lack of fuel.Arrogance is bliss.

"Instead of just paying the THB900 fee to have the bag checked, the mans temper tantrum caused the cabin crew to invite him off the plane.

900 baht to check in your luggage? Rip off merchants.

I suspect that he could have stuffed 3 kilo into his pockets.

I travel with a laptop bag that weighs in at over 13 kilo, the laptop and power brick alone weigh over 7 I was challenged once and when I removed the laptop and power supply they realised I could never get it below 7kilo and there was no way the laptop was going into checked baggage so they abandoned any challenge they were thinking, I travel light no other bags or luggage only - happened once in over 60 flights

If a bag fits in the overhead locker what's the problem = I've seen people boarding flights with two small cases and a pile of other %%%%% unchallenged

In saying that this guy should have been arrested and thrown off the plane and banned from travel - a rude mouth piece

55,you travel light with a 13k laptop bag.So what's the other 6k if laptop is 7k.The problem is if we all had your laptop on a full plane we would be 1200 kilo +heavier and we will overshoot the runway or fall in the sea through lack of fuel.Arrogance is bliss.

obviously there are some other items in the bag, I never weighed it myself is was at a Heathrow check in and it registered 13kilo, like I said I know the laptop and its various bits and pieces are more than 7kg because it was taken out of the bag and weighed at the same time - I carry no other luggage on the plane - my weight plus my bag is most likely well below the average of any person on any aircraft - a total of about 90 kilo give or take

No , they shouldnt get away with it.

But people expect to be told at checkin. They then have a choice of discarding a few things or paying extra. When they are on the plane, their choice is removed, and they are forced to pay. I'm sure the airline is aware of this and that's why they do it. That guy should sue their a---

Suing? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Are the signs not big enough?

Maybe you should go to SpecSavers before you fly next time.

Perhaps you should read the AirAsia website...

"

What are the rules for hand carried baggage on board?
You are allowed one piece of cabin baggage of up to 7kg and/or 1 laptop bag or 1 handbag onboard, each of which should not exceed the size dimensions. Our overhead compartments in the aircraft cabin are built to hold a certain size and weight of baggage. Anything exceeding these dimensions put our guests at risk of injury from falling objects should there be turbulence mid-air.

Size Dimensions: Cabin baggage should not exceed dimensions of 56cm X 36cm X 23cm.

Weight: Cabin baggage must not weigh more than 7kg

Such baggage should also fit under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment in the cabin. The approved cabin baggage must be tagged with a cabin bag tag.

You are also allowed to bring along your musical instrument onboard instead of a laptop or handbag, provided it does not exceed the approved weight and size.

If your musical instrument is larger than the stated dimensions we would advise you to buy another seat to safeguard against potential damage in the cargo hold.

"

Very misleading information indeed! The green text does that relate to each piece or in total?

• Like 1

A few years ago the airport in Chicago tried to limit the size of the carry on items by placing a device in front of the x-ray scanners at the security checkpoints which was the size allowed for carry-on items. If the baggage was too large it could not go through the scanner. This caused all kinds of uproar and the cops had to arrest several people who got very pissed they could not get their carry-on through the scanner.

I have had my luggage weighed by Air Asia a couple times with no problems. Once I was a kilo or so over so I just too out a coat that was in my backpack and put it on then gave it back to be weighed. It was below the weight and when they gave the backpack to me I just took off my coat and put it back in the bag then walked away. No one said a thing.

• Like 1

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

The first airline to do that would go broke ... The same as clothing in most western countries, costs the same for small to XXL...

• Like 1

At 3 minutes into the video, I would have got up and punch this guy and dragged him off the plane. Period.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what is supposed to happen if you are already on the plane. What is airline policy. You wouldn't travel without your belongings, so would you disembark. Catch another flight with the same overweight bag?

Airline policy strictly enforces security and safety above all other concerns. The pilot and the flight crew have the power to determine who or what to carry, and has the highest power above all, and in command of all orders on the plane.

If you are on the plane, those "restricted" belongings will have to leave the plane, no questions, no doubts. There is no excuse as inconvenience. Airlines will not care if you accidentally brought a lighter in, a swiss army knife in, (oh but it's so expensive, can I just bring it, since I already brought it?). People with excuses are just obstacles to society.

Get off the damn plane until you are eligible to sit in one. Go cry to your mom if you have anything else to say. Other passengers don't give a ****.

I've seen people get on Air Asia flights with a lap top bag, a rucksack and two or more other cases and/or plastic bags.

This guy was right to be annoyed but wrong to protest to the point where he got thrown off.

The issue is with the airline - if others get away with wildly overweight luggage, your inclination is not to check in you bag and hence avoid the wait at the other end (I've waited up to an hour at Suvarnabhumi).

If there is a rule then it must be enforced and then we all know where we stand. The random weighing and refusals have to stop.

I bet there were 20 or more people on that plane with overweight luggage which is why nobody else is getting involved in the argument.

I was recently checking in for a flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, with 3 bags.

I said that "I'd like the large bag to go to Phuket, and one of the other 2 to go to Samui"

The lady said, that "she was sorry that she could not do that".

I said "why not...you managed to do it last time".

...but seriously, why all the moaning about a budget airline with clear rules....why not spend a few bucks and fly with the big swinging dicks at Thai Air and all your check in luggage is free.

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

The fat guy in your example takes up one seat and a small amount of carry-on space.

The skinny girl/boy in your example takes up one seat and a large amount of carry-on space.

Who should pay more, the one that takes up more space, or the one who weighs more? If it's the one who weighs more, he should have more room, right? After all, he's paying more.

If you want to go by total weight, the system is almost there. It's called business or first class. Larger seats. Just require large people to fly business/first, and also BAN small people from flying business/first. Those seats should be reserved for large people, and economy seats reserved for small people. Large people would be banned from flying economy class.

Of course this would never work here as the Thai elite (government) always fly first/business, taking up valuable space, sitting like children in large, overstuffed chairs.

And what about the screaming babies, that fly for free and that the attendants speed vast amounts of time fussing over. Babies should pay a premium!

• Like 2

When it comes to Air Asia, the weight of hand baggage in the overhead locker is not a priority. They are more concerned with people trying to avoid the check in baggage fee.

Last year we flew up to Ubon for the weekend. We did not book any check in on the way up and one 20kg on the way back, knew we would have some duty free. When we arrived at check in, they weighed all the hand luggage together to check it did not exceed the the 35 kgs for 5 travelers. They were not concerned about the weight of any particular item.

• Like 1

The bag weighing process should be done at the checking stage not the boarding stage. This is an airline scam. I never carry cargo luggage just 'carry on.' So my total weight is less than most peoples combined luggage. Anyway, if they want to be fair they should weigh people as well as their bags.

• Like 1

Accurate information is Ecstasy.

1) Where was the pilot? Rather cowardly letting his female attendants deal with a delusional yahoo. I would have thought the captain would have been out there and kicked off the self-important plonker who paid for a budget flight but expected first-class treatment.

2) Anyway, the episode beats the in-flight entertainment on most flights

The last thing you want is for the pilot to step out of the cockpit in order to confront an out of control passenger who might then assault the pilot. In fact in the event of an incident the pilot should check that the cockpit is fully locked down. One has only to speculate on potential terrorist actions to realise that the above suggestion should be instantly dismissed.

• Like 2

The problem is that the stewardess can't close the luggage compartment if it's to heavy. Also most passengers themselves even can't lift their handluggage to store it in the compartment.

These days loads of people bring real suitcases as handluggage, if you board late then your luggage can't even be above you so you can't guard it. No good.

Yesterday i man decided to tell the stewardess he felt sick while we were almost departing. Then he left the plane but we (600 passengers) had to wait an hour before they got his luggage out. Terrible policy, he shouldn't have boarded at all if he felt so sick.