Patong Long Term Rental With Best Broadband Wanted

andrewryan108

Hi, I would like to live in Patong in a room or two* from late October for 5 months or more and most important to me is that I have the fastest internet communication possible.

I guess I need a place with a phone line already - if not does it take more than a couple of days for installation - and DO I NEED TO BE NEAR THE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE for things to work quickly and consistently? What company do I deal with to get the fastest connection? I like to use more than one laptop at once if possible, either through LAN or wireless, I use the computer from 8 pm to 4 am weekdays.

Any practical advice as to how to make the arrangements, or if there is a place that already has the phone line and or the FASTEST most reliable internet greatly appreciated.

*about the desired place:

1. quiet between 4 am and noon so I can sleep, not next to a major construction site.

2. One or two rooms, decent mattress, tv cable or full ubc (not sharing the thing with a whole complex so I do not get to choose the channel) preferred but not required, air conditioning (preferably billed seperately - I rarely use it), in room safe or ability to leave valuables in managers safe, no pool or recreational facilities as I do not use them.

3. Preferred location if it is consistent with fastest internet is within a kilometer or two of family inn, patong palace,c and n resort,

4. I might want the same setup for a friend as well.

THANK YOU

Hi, I would like to live in Patong in a room or two* from late October for 5 months or more and most important to me is that I have the fastest internet communication possible.

I guess I need a place with a phone line already - if not does it take more than a couple of days for installation - and DO I NEED TO BE NEAR THE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE for things to work quickly and consistently? What company do I deal with to get the fastest connection? I like to use more than one laptop at once if possible, either through LAN or wireless, I use the computer from 8 pm to 4 am weekdays.

Any practical advice as to how to make the arrangements, or if there is a place that already has the phone line and or the FASTEST most reliable internet greatly appreciated.

*about the desired place:

1. quiet between 4 am and noon so I can sleep, not next to a major construction site.

2. One or two rooms, decent mattress, tv cable or full ubc (not sharing the thing with a whole complex so I do not get to choose the channel) preferred but not required, air conditioning (preferably billed seperately - I rarely use it), in room safe or ability to leave valuables in managers safe, no pool or recreational facilities as I do not use them.

3. Preferred location if it is consistent with fastest internet is within a kilometer or two of family inn, patong palace,c and n resort,

4. I might want the same setup for a friend as well.

THANK YOU

For a place with the above already in place, what would you want to pay per month in rent ?

Bear in mind you are arriving just as high season starts !

THANK YOU

For a place with the above already in place, what would you want to pay per month in rent ?

Bear in mind you are arriving just as high season starts !

I know that I will be there for all of high season from the owners point of view, but I will arrive before high season, perhaps by mid October so should be able to find a place. I may also be there long term - several years - if the place is available.

As I am looking for just a room or two, and do not want to be in central patong, do not want pool, gym, view, hotel facilities, the cost could be quite modest. If it is higher due to high quality or size I am able to pay more, just as long as it is fair.

A place with everything in place, or just the right kind of telephone line, so much the better. thank you.

Edited by andrewryan108

I may also be there long term - several years - if the place is available. As I am looking for just a room or two, and do not want to be in central patong, do not want pool, gym, view, hotel facilities, the cost could be quite modest.

As a daytrader, you won't have time for any other activities, and you need more sleep everyday

than average person due to eye strain :D

A place with everything in place, or just the right kind of telephone line, so much the better. thank you.

Yeh, a backup phone for dial-up internet and calling up your broker to close your freezed order :o

Your best option is to find a place yourself and call up internet company, takes 2 weeks only

Edited by BKKDUDE

I may also be there long term - several years - if the place is available. As I am looking for just a room or two, and do not want to be in central patong, do not want pool, gym, view, hotel facilities, the cost could be quite modest.

As a daytrader, you won't have time for any other activities :o

I am not a daytrader. I do need the internet for work, not to call a broker.

.... from 8 pm to 4 am weekdays..........already has the phone line and or the FASTEST most reliable internet greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------

They have same working hours and technical needs. but sorry again if you aren't DT