Road Tax question

JimSiam

I am picking a car up that a friend had in storage for me, it is in Chiang Mai and I have to take it back to Bangkok, it was taxed and insured up till 2555, now I thought the book was with the car, but it is somewhere in files back home, is there a way to drive the car back without having problems? Permit from police, Pay the CTPL etc?

I know you can renew the road tax and pay CTPL with only a photocopy of the Blue book / Green Book.

My girlfriend uncle made a small loan giving in guaranty the bike Green Book and he used a Green Book photocopy to renew road tax and CTPL. I was there when

it was done.

Same for my pick-up truck with a bank loan. I had only a photocopy of the Blue Book to renew road tax and CTPL. The bank kept the Blue Book.

So I guess get a photocopy of your Blue Book to keep with you in the car and to renew you CTPL and Road Tax ( if someone in the USA can make the copy for you)

You wll need only a copy of the blue book to renew your tax. you will of course have to pay the backlog of tax

You will also need a new Por ror bor (compulsory government insurance) before they will renew the tax

You can renew the por ror bor and tax disc at any DLT office in the country so get it done before you drive to bkk

There in is the problem, the book is at home somewhere and no copy with the car

is there nobody at home who can send it to you

Unfortunately no, whats the fine for out of date road tax i wonder, can only be fined once in 24 hours, might be the easiest way

Fine?? Drive a car from Chiang Mai to BKK with no insurance sounds like potential nightmare... What if you crash your car, or even worse crash someone else's?

Fine for no road tax, the insurance (CTPL) is easy enough to get, which i have now as i had an old one in the glove box, the only thing it covers though is third party bodily injury