Stop posting LOL next to your comment.....

thehelmsman

I sometimes put a "lol" at the end of something I write, so as people with less than basic comprehension skills, and on this board they are in plague proportions, understand that the comment is a joke, or made with an attempt at humour.... Text is like that, it can be comprehended in many ways.... a lot of the times, not the way it was intended...

To be honest, that's the funniest part of it.

• Like 1

Why do they call it LOL when most of the time what they really mean is: "I think you're an idiot"?

LOL should be changed to "ITYAI"

There are definitely a couple of people who need to cut back on their use of this acronym.

And, no, I'm not one of them. LOL.

(for the record, this is the first time I've ever used LOL in a post)

Edited by Gecko123

Why do they call it LOL when most of the time what they really mean is: "I think you're an idiot"?

LOL should be changed to "ITYAI"

There are definitely a couple of people who need to cut back on their use of this acronym.

And, no, I'm not one of them. LOL.

(for the record, this is the first time I've ever used LOL in a post)

Please let it be the last time

If you're irritated with the so called lol or emotes for that matter i have a simple solution stop reading them and the irritation will be gone within minutes,but then i'm not a doctor so go get a second opinion i bet he/she will prescribe nothing but will give you a enormous LOL.

People that need to use it are the kind of person when in a bar, when they go to the toilet you all leave. It's highly embarrassing for those that feel the need to use it. No dobt brain dead losers will use it in reply to this. Terrible people who most likely sit in bars alone and self harm

People that need to use it are the kind of person when in a bar, when they go to the toilet you all leave. It's highly embarrassing for those that feel the need to use it. No dobt brain dead losers will use it in reply to this. Terrible people who most likely sit in bars alone and self harm

. I usually let others do my own harm, too lazy to self harm

lol

You know when you ask a child not to do something... same same here. I foresee a rise in lol being used. Oh well I'll be leaving my job in one more night, no more TV for a while.

when you write "my comment is so clever , I laughed so hard, I crapped my self" instead of LOL. you are wasting electrons

It has nothing to do with being childish, as much as it has to do with being frugal,and concerned with the environment.

You might have a ll the electrons in the world to waste but but some of us are thinking of our children and future generations.

I want to see what you will have to say when we run out of electrons, and have to use carrier pigeons to respond to posts in this forum,, what will you have to say then Mr Helmsman

You know when you ask a child not to do something... same same here. I foresee a rise in lol being used. Oh well I'll be leaving my job in one more night, no more TV for a while.

when you write "my comment is so clever , I laughed so hard, I crapped my self" instead of LOL. you are wasting electrons

It has nothing to do with being childish, as much as it has to do with being frugal,and concerned with the environment.

You might have a ll the electrons in the world to waste but but some of us are thinking of our children and future generations.

I want to see what you will have to say when we run out of electrons, and have to use carrier pigeons to respond to posts in this forum,, what will you have to say then Mr Helmsman

lol

• Like 2

lol

Yeaa ,, well... It's all fun and games until some one looses an eye !!

This is serious stuff sad.png

In your case , since the lol is your comment, it does not violates the OP guidelines for proper merriment etiquette.

and in my case the lol was not next to my comment but below it, so I think I can also mount a proper defense if the case ever went to court.

But for others who have not yet mastered the intricacies of loling this could be a serious problem.

• Like 1