Anyone have recent successful marriage extension from Kap Choeng?

Good evening all.

I will be applying for an extension of my permission to stay based on marriage in mid December. My current extension (based on retirement) expires Jan 2nd 2015. During the last 5 years I have gone from extensions based on retirement to marriage and then back to retirement. I am applying for the extension based on marriage this time as (for reason's I'm not going into) my money won't be seasoned in time. I look forward to replies relating to real experiences from people who have successfully obtained an extension of their permission to stay based on marriage at Kap Choeng Immigration ONLY in the last couple of months....Thanks

I don't know if you are hoping for answers of the type "don't worry, they don't care", but expectation aside, you can apply for a 60 days extension for visiting family with only marriage certificate and wife ID and house registration. That would give time enough for the funds to be seasoned in the bank.

In any case, married people can always go for a visa run to Savannakhet, Laos to obtain a multi entry non-imm 'O" visa, without financial proof, on the same day.

I don't know if you are hoping for answers of the type "don't worry, they don't care", but expectation aside, you can apply for a 60 days extension for visiting family with only marriage certificate and wife ID and house registration. That would give time enough for the funds to be seasoned in the bank.

In any case, married people can always go for a visa run to Savannakhet, Laos to obtain a multi entry non-imm 'O" visa, without financial proof, on the same day.

Paz, thanks for your reply.

No, I'm not looking for those types of reassurances. I know I can apply for the 60 day extension, which is plan 'B' and obtaining a single entry Non 'O' from a neighbouring country is plan 'C' and then extending my permission to stay based on retirement once my money is seasoned. I'm just looking for local reports of successful experiences....

Edited by mxyzptlk

obtaining a single entry Non 'O' from a neighbouring country is plan 'C'

As mentioned above, Savannakhet Laos also issues multi entry, not just single.

That used in combination with 60 days extension allows almost 17 months in country with border hops every 150 days.

• Like 1

obtaining a single entry Non 'O' from a neighbouring country is plan 'C'

As mentioned above, Savannakhet Laos also issues multi entry, not just single.

That used in combination with 60 days extension allows almost 17 months in country with border hops every 150 days.

Yeah, I know mate, but I can't be arsed doing border hops.....10 years ago....no problemo....now I like "life in the slow lane"....Ta

I know of one that was done at Kap Choeng not long ago. He thought they would just want witness statements since it was his first one and they instead did a home visit. Other than that his application went smooth.

OK Thanks UJ