100 bht each for for fast track at Phuket Airport Immigration just now!

Kaymcdonnell

Just arrived at Phuket Airport. Three international airplanes arrive at the same time and there must be 1,000 people waiting. I can see myself there for an hour. I am feeling that it is ridiculous that there are only 8 immigration officers for all these people. Then i hear someone say that they are going for the FAST TRACT line and paying 100 bht. So of course i go also. So in the fast track, some lines (lots of them) some named Elite Card, Lots and lots of 100 bht notes are going right into the pockets of immigration officers.....including my 100bht. Who needs the Elite Card.....Lot of officers available and in in seconds.

By the way, i was not offered a receipt.

Now TAXI, price 900bht to Rawai, no other option.......Ahhh, back to Thailand!

• Like 1

This is new? Been happening for the longest time.

Just go to the Thai passport holders line and tell them you're a diabetic and need go get insulin.

Even better if you get Dr Chusak to give you a slip explaining your “condition”

Sent from my LG-D858

You think it's cool to tip immigration 100baht for something that should be free but you complain taxi cost you 900baht ? c'mon son..

No other option? Rent a car? Drive your own car?

Tip immigration? Well I wanted to get home and i was tired. I felt that if all the immigration offers that were available, were actually taking care of all the arrivals, then there would be not so many people waiting with crying children and tired bodies.

Taxi at 900 bht? Again after traveling for several hours, i just wanted to get home, my only fast choice was to pay 900 bht. If the taxis were running by correct meter then i would have been happier.

My own car - sure i have my own car. When was the last time you was at the airport, try to find a place to park and leave your car safely?

My own car - I could have got my staff to pick me up, but that is dangerous right now.

i can manage to pay 1,000 bht to get home quickly, but again, just stating facts.

If i would have known in advance about the fast lane, i would have paid the 100 bht as soon as i arrived at immigration rather than spend the 15 mins getting nowhere with screaming and tired children around me, does not mean i think it is right.

• Like 2

I not really understanding your complaint.

Hasnt taxis always been negotiated? I always manage to beat them down to 700-800 depending on the time of day.

You're obviously not good at negotiation which I find disturbing considering youre in real estate.

Sent from my LG-D858

Hasnt taxis always been negotiated? I always manage to beat them down to 700-800 depending on the time of day.

You're obviously not good at negotiation which I find disturbing considering youre in real estate.

Sent from my LG-D858

Well i did not expect YOU to understand actually...What YOU find disturbing does not really matter to me. YOU should find disturbing that small tired children and tired tourists that choose to visit Phuket were left unfairly in long queues instead of a pleasant start to a lovely interesting safe holiday. That is what concerns me and a lot of good quality thai, western, both official and business people that would like to see this island flourish and prosper.

Was there not a crack down on taxi mafia?

We will not go back to Phuket as the place is just a big rip-off. Pity, 12 years ago it was great.

It is still great, just some issues which everyone who cares here is trying to fix. It is sad that just a few here, just don't get it!!! No point knocking when there is nothing inside.

Sent from my LG-D858

Well i did not expect YOU to understand actually...What YOU find disturbing does not really matter to me. YOU should find disturbing that small tired children and tired tourists that choose to visit Phuket were left unfairly in long queues instead of a pleasant start to a lovely interesting safe holiday. That is what concerns me and a lot of good quality thai, western, both official and business people that would like to see this island flourish and prosper.

No point venting your frustrations here.

Contact the authorities responsible for the taxis and lodge a complaint.

What do you expect from people here? A solution? Public outcry at this injustice?

You been here long enough to not be surprised by immigration tea money or extortionate prices.

You're in real estate. The most inflated and corrupt market on this rock.

Sent from my LG-D858

Sent from my LG-D858

always found that if you tip the taxi driver he will sort out your luggage ect.

Sent from my LG-D858

No point venting your frustrations here.

Contact the authorities responsible for the taxis and lodge a complaint.

What do you expect from people here? A solution? Public outcry at this injustice?

You been here long enough to not be surprised by immigration tea money or extortionate prices.

You're in real estate. The most inflated and corrupt market on this rock.

Sent from my LG-D858

Meaning of a forum - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Information finding, away to keep people informed as to what is going on.

• Like 1

Well any leader of any country cannot change things overnight. When the immigration where taking 100 bht's of lots and lots of people, the army with big guns were stationed just outside. If people are not scared then what can you do. If my army were sat outside with guns, i know i would be scared.

Well any leader of any country cannot change things overnight. When the immigration where taking 100 bht's of lots and lots of people, the army with big guns were stationed just outside. If people are not scared then what can you do. If my army were sat outside with guns, i know i would be scared.

Next time get the immigration officials name from his name tag or take his pic and expose him.

Otherwise this thread is useless.

Sent from my LG-D858

Next time get the immigration officials name from his name tag or take his pic and expose him.

Otherwise this thread is useless.

Sent from my LG-D858

No photos allowed in the Immigration area, and the officer's know that.
Doesn't stop anyone getting their name from the tag.

Sent from my LG-D858

Doesn't stop anyone getting their name from the tag.

Sent from my LG-D858

Name does not provide any proof of corruption. We all know that the high up know what's going on, likely money goes up the chain. Any video proof would need to be made public (like u-tube clip) to stir up the pot.

• Like 1

I would have gladly paid the 100 bahts bribe yesterday as I waited 1h15 to get through this hell.

it is not a bribe , you are not forced to pay it ,

it is more a service fee for special service , you can pay and get thru quick or save your 100 baht and wait an extra hour.....

If there was this choice at BKK airport and a line like that I would gladly pay for special service

I would have gladly paid the 100 bahts bribe yesterday as I waited 1h15 to get through this hell.

it is more a service fee for special service , you can pay and get thru quick or save your 100 baht and wait an extra hour.....

If there was this choice at BKK airport and a line like that I would gladly pay for special service

Yes, I too would gladly pay the 100 baht IF it was a legit service with receipt. But this is not legit and the person paying the 100 baht is liable for criminal charges.

• Like 1

Yes, I too would gladly pay the 100 baht IF it was a legit service with receipt. But this is not legit and the person paying the 100 baht is liable for criminal charges.

Ok, I confess, I'm a criminal and I will do it again and again, no point to wait if I can get true fast for just 100.-baht.

Btw, I also happy that only a few people use the service, otherwise we start queue again.

• Like 1

Had the same at Phuket airport arivial hall the others day. It was like a 3 ring circus. Hall was full no defined lines just an unorginized circus atmosphere. Found my spot at the end of a line then the VIP man showed up and advised me for 5 USD I could use VIP service and get thru no waiting.....

After 30 hrs of travel from USA it is a no brainer..showed him 100bht ok note and he stashed it in his back pocket

Continued to the immigration counter...

Where i was asked about my past 30 day stamps etc. I showed all the required documents and was asked to wait as officer went to talk to other man,they were trying to figure out how many days I have have been in Thailand this year but to stupid to add total days.In the end after 30 minute delay got my stamp and thru immigration. What really pissed me off was there jovial show of no class attitude about the whole thing even asking if my girlfriend was my GIK and why i not get married so can get marriage visa all the time laughing amongst themselves.

It is time the thai military reined in these circus charectors at Phuket airport immigration..

Edited by glassdude007

Had the same at Phuket airport arivial hall the others day. It was like a 3 ring circus. Hall was full no defined lines just an unorginized circus atmosphere. Found my spot at the end of a line then the VIP man showed up and advised me for 5 USD I could use VIP service and get thru no waiting.....

After 30 hrs of travel from USA it is a no brainer..showed him 100bht ok note and he stashed it in his back pocket

Continued to the immigration counter...

Where i was asked about my past 30 day stamps etc. I showed all the required documents and was asked to wait as officer went to talk to other man,they were trying to figure out how many days I have have been in Thailand this year but to stupid to add total days.In the end after 30 minute delay got my stamp and thru immigration. What really pissed me off was there jovial show of no class attitude about the whole thing even asking if my girlfriend was my GIK and why i not get married so can get marriage visa all the time laughing amongst themselves.

It is time the thai military reined in these circus charectors at Phuket airport immigration..

haha what a good service you got for 100 baht..

• Like 1