Body of missing Japanese man found off Bang Na-Trat Road

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May those two pieces of human garbage rot in hell!!

Kudos to the Thai Police (!!) for solving the case quickly!!

And a reminder, be careful when introduced to your Thai darlings "brother"whistling.gif

Solve, that's a bit of a stretch - considering it was 1+1 = 2.

• Like 1

Very sad that this very trusting man would end up like this. sad.png

But, please, the govt can continue going after falangs who defraud Thais, not the other way around. Not economically feasible!! w00t.gif

Did you not read the story?? The police are indeed "going after" the two Thai's who they suspect killed the non-Thai. Also, BTW ... the Thai police go after hundreds-of-thousands more Thais than they do farangs.

Correct, but not always the right ones.

May those two pieces of human garbage rot in hell!!

Kudos to the Thai Police (!!) for solving the case quickly!!

And a reminder, be careful when introduced to your Thai darlings "brother"whistling.gif

All my wife's brothers are high ranking policeman....fortunately they all seem to like mewai2.gif

Correction...They SEEM to like you so far. Just give Wifey one reason to seek their help and see what happens !

I agree, would be getting "seem" very carefully defined.

Love the value that (some/all/most) Thai's put on a human life, i.e. zero.

This is such an ignorant and retarded comment..

Ok.. 'some' I can agree with.. but is this not the same in EVERY country?

'All/Most' - No, you're way off the mark here... You've made a massively incorrect generalisation, which I'm sure the majority of Thai's would find insulting, as would many non-Thai people (including me) who understand Thai culture.

The majority of Thai's respect human life as it's against their Buddhist precepts to kill anything. None of my Thai friends, or Thai people I know over here think anything like this... My girlfriend wont even kill a mosquito, as she believes it's a sin.

Clearly you don't know many Thai's, or maybe you just hang around with the minority who think in the same 'tiny-mind' way as you do..

All I know is that ten years ago I always felt relatively safe wandering around Pattaya even after dark, but so many of my friends hsve been assaulted in the recent past that I am now always concerned for my safety

I don't believe that I am exhibiing a 'false memory'. In most parts of the World life has become much more dangerous. The explosion of drug use is probably at the bottom of most of the violence

Its blatantly obvious that the Thais are spooked in regards to shoving Farang murders under the carpet rather than the usual - suicide shit we're used to. The recent Koh Tao heinous crimes have sent a strong message to Thailand - No more BS in respect of evaluating Farang Deaths !!!!!

Except that here a relative asked police to investigate the absence of the deceased, else nobody would have noticed,

It's only going to get exponentially worse; not better.

We truly are in the last days. Wake up expats!!!

Can you expand on that.

I can.

But I will not, in depth.

Suffice to say that the Thais no longer hold us as untouchable and as the procedure is passed from mother to daughter then it will only get exponentially worse.

Can you provide evidence then that violence against foreigners (for example) in the past 10 years is worse than in the preceding 10 years, taking into account the proportion of westerners in the country. Otherwise, you may be simply falling prey to the 'availability heuristic', a fancy word that means that our guesses about trends are strongly influenced by the events we can most easily retrieve from memory ... these are the events that have happened most recently and those that have media prominence. We've been reading a lot about the Koh Tao murders, so we're primed when another foreigner is murdered and we think we see a pattern (our brains have evolved to see patterns and trends, but we sometimes get it wrong). We also tend to be ignorant about history. Even in western countries, most generations think they are living in particularly violent times when, in fact, the statistics show that violence has been decreasing over the decades and centuries. We all like to believe in some lost Golden Age, but the truth is usually quite different.

Wow!!

There be a lot of big words in there.

We be nought but humble pirates here.

I will give it a shot in the dark though.

I will give more than evidence about the past 10 years and the preceding 10 years. I will tell you about all the years since 1970 when I first came to Thailand and you were lucky if you ran into a farang north of sukhumvit soi 25 because after that came jungle. The Thai women first got a real taste of western money when G.I. Joe was on R and R from Vietnam. It didn't take long for every bar girl from Patpong Rd to be either married to one or looking for one. That was 44 years ago and there were very few incidents between Thais and farang because we were considered untouchable but since those days farang have been dropping like flies and usually from balconies on tall buildings.

I could go on and on telling you what I have seen with my own eyes but I will make room for some of the other guys to tell you more.

Can you expand on that.

I can.

But I will not, in depth.

Suffice to say that the Thais no longer hold us as untouchable and as the procedure is passed from mother to daughter then it will only get exponentially worse.

Can you provide evidence then that violence against foreigners (for example) in the past 10 years is worse than in the preceding 10 years, taking into account the proportion of westerners in the country. Otherwise, you may be simply falling prey to the 'availability heuristic', a fancy word that means that our guesses about trends are strongly influenced by the events we can most easily retrieve from memory ... these are the events that have happened most recently and those that have media prominence. We've been reading a lot about the Koh Tao murders, so we're primed when another foreigner is murdered and we think we see a pattern (our brains have evolved to see patterns and trends, but we sometimes get it wrong). We also tend to be ignorant about history. Even in western countries, most generations think they are living in particularly violent times when, in fact, the statistics show that violence has been decreasing over the decades and centuries. We all like to believe in some lost Golden Age, but the truth is usually quite different.

Wow!!

There be a lot of big words in there.

We be nought but humble pirates here.

I will give it a shot in the dark though.

I will give more than evidence about the past 10 years and the preceding 10 years. I will tell you about all the years since 1970 when I first came to Thailand and you were lucky if you ran into a farang north of sukhumvit soi 25 because after that came jungle. The Thai women first got a real taste of western money when G.I. Joe was on R and R from Vietnam. It didn't take long for every bar girl from Patpong Rd to be either married to one or looking for one. That was 44 years ago and there were very few incidents between Thais and farang because we were considered untouchable but since those days farang have been dropping like flies and usually from balconies on tall buildings.

I could go on and on telling you what I have seen with my own eyes but I will make room for some of the other guys to tell you more.

"Availability" was the only word I used with more than 3 syllables... smile.png

I don't dispute your experience, but it's anecdotal... one's person's memory of how things were. Can't really count as evidence, right? And I was careful to write: "...taking into account the proportion of westerners in the country." As the number of westerners here increased, violent incidents were statistically bound to increase in number. Also, once there was English language news media here -- and especially the internet -- you were more likely to hear of incidents outside of the area you lived. Back in the (very old days), if you were living in Bangkok and a foreigner was killed in Chiang Mai, you might not even hear of it. Now, ThaiVisa pipelines all the latest gruesomeness directly to your living room / desktop. An Estonian is murdered in Sakorn Something and you'll know about it.

People do disgusting things all over the world, but there appears to be a 'trend' here, one that is supported by the overall corruption that eats away at the traditional Thai Folksoul to destroy its fundamental decency.

This is a wake-up call for all on any side of cultural and social divides. Desperate people do desperate things to 'others' and feel more secure about it on their own turf. Thai turf is a bit shaky and the Thai mindset appears to be 'up for grabs' by the nether worlds of materialism and the desperation that corrupt leadership brings.

You, dear readers, are the 'other' in the eyes of manufactured predators. 'Caution' need be the password as you perambulate their folkways.

You are, indeed, a stranger in a progressively stranger land.

Dear Doctor,

I see you also read Robert A. Heinlan. Good for you.

"The late man's Thai wife Phornchanok Chaiyapa and her cabbie boyfriend were taken to the site, near the 25km marker on Bang Na-Trat, by police, who hoped it would encourage them to confess."

Thais never kill foreigners, time for RTP to find some migrant workers from Burma and make them confess the murder.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No Thai could possibly commit such a crime. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Agree, possible Burmese workers is behind the murder.